Signed items

Janie

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 12 2010, 04:07 PM)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41148_1580446198906_1468216679_31523370_4909705_n.jpg

Got this in the mail today!!! How freaking cool! I sent another item, but it hasn't come yet. Not holding my breath, but it would be super cool if I got it as well. cool.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Now you know you can't pull him over for speeding on his bike should you happen to catch him flying through your jurisdiction, right? biggrin.gif

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Aug 12 2010, 03:14 PM)
RUSHCHICK10
How long after the date of the show you sent it to did you get it back.

Show was Aug 5th and I got it today, so one week exactly. cool.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 12 2010, 03:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 12 2010, 04:07 PM)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs316.snc4/41148_1580446198906_1468216679_31523370_4909705_n.jpg

Got this in the mail today!!!  How freaking cool!  I sent another item, but it hasn't come yet.  Not holding my breath, but it would be super cool if I got it as well. cool.gif

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Now you know you can't pull him over for speeding on his bike should you happen to catch him flying through your jurisdiction, right? biggrin.gif

Oh, I'll pull him over, but I won't give him a ticket! cool.gif

Sorry if this has already been answered but is everybody sending items via regular US Mail or using FedEx or another overnight service?? I'd prefer to use an overnight service and includce a prepaid overnight return envelope but I wanted to see if anybody had any success with this method before I did. I'm going to the Chicago show on 8/23.

Thanks so much

Regular mail - US Post Office. I'm sure a prepaid overnight return envelope would be fine.

The reason I don't recommend FedEx is because I think the individual on the crew who handles the mail drop just wants to make one stop. Can't blame him, really. No one would want to have to sort through all that and make trips to USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc., all in an unfamiliar town.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 12 2010, 04:43 PM)
Regular mail - US Post Office. I'm sure a prepaid overnight return envelope would be fine.

The reason I don't recommend FedEx is because I think the individual on the crew who handles the mail drop just wants to make one stop. Can't blame him, really. No one would want to have to sort through all that and make trips to USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc., all in an unfamiliar town.

Good point....but I bet the items are sent via the venues regular mail procedures. I don't think that anyone from the crew is even involved.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 12 2010, 01:07 PM)

Got this in the mail today!!! How freaking cool! I sent another item, but it hasn't come yet. Not holding my breath, but it would be super cool if I got it as well. cool.gif

653.gif

Very cool that you got it back. Did you also send two items to be signed but only got one in return? Did the items need to be sent in separate packages (like, one was the book, the other a poster)? I'm still curious as to why only my album cover was signed but not the sheet music?

So now I have to re-mail the sheet music but that's fine because since I ended up going to the show, I now have my tour book which I would LOVE to be signed. I guess I'll attach a sticky note to the sheet music asking if Alex could sign it. Hopefully this will happen! I would be so grateful.

QUOTE (Mara @ Aug 11 2010, 05:50 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 11 2010, 02:45 PM)
Well...

I had sent a few things to the Seattle show. Two things that I really wanted signed, got one thing back. I had asked for picks and sticks too but didn't get any. That's ok though because I wasn't actually expecting them... just thought it would have been nice. BUT! Here is my signed item:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture1300.jpg

So, I am happy with it and it'll be framed soon and hanging next to my framed, signed S&A tour book. (I had sent in the guitar sheet music for SOR because that was the first song that hooked me but it came back, unsigned. I'm actually pretty damn bummed about that.)

You know, I've noticed that Neil tends to take the time to personalize items. I imagine the names have to be pretty clearly attached to whatever it is he's signing, but my copy of Roadshow is personalized. Several other items that people have posted photos of also have names, in Neil's handwriting, above his signature.

Just saying, you know, it's Neil. . .doing a little something extra for fans. . . wink.gif

Well then, XOXO to Neil!

YES! I opened up the door today to find the envelope holding a photo of Rush I sent to be autographed biggrin.gif Everyone signed it, and Neil even wrote 'To Kaitlin'. Cool Stuff! I'm so happy, I was shaking when I opened it up. I'm going to frame it with my Time Machine tickets smile.gif

I'm kind of upset about my name being on it though, because originally it was going to be a gift for my boyfriend sad.gif oh well.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 12 2010, 06:21 PM)
QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 12 2010, 01:07 PM)

Got this in the mail today!!!  How freaking cool!  I sent another item, but it hasn't come yet.  Not holding my breath, but it would be super cool if I got it as well. cool.gif

653.gif

Very cool that you got it back. Did you also send two items to be signed but only got one in return? Did the items need to be sent in separate packages (like, one was the book, the other a poster)? I'm still curious as to why only my album cover was signed but not the sheet music?

So now I have to re-mail the sheet music but that's fine because since I ended up going to the show, I now have my tour book which I would LOVE to be signed. I guess I'll attach a sticky note to the sheet music asking if Alex could sign it. Hopefully this will happen! I would be so grateful.

Yeah, I sent the items in different envelopes. Mainly, because I wanted Neil to sign the book, and Geddy to sign the pick guard off of my GL Jazz bass. cool.gif

It would be way cool if I got that pick guard back, but it's no biggie, I guess. I was gonna put one of those sweet white pearl pick guards on there, like what Geddy has this tour! cool.gif

What are people doing to send in vinyl sleeves? I'm just trying to figure out a way that would be cost effective and convenient for everyone on that end of the line. Has anyone sent in multiple items in one package? My friend and I both wanted to send our albums together, to save money on shipping. Just wanted to get some insight into it. Thanks!

QUOTE (zogoto @ Aug 12 2010, 09:18 PM)
What are people doing to send in vinyl sleeves? I'm just trying to figure out a way that would be cost effective and convenient for everyone on that end of the line. Has anyone sent in multiple items in one package? My friend and I both wanted to send our albums together, to save money on shipping. Just wanted to get some insight into it. Thanks!

I am thinking that it would be best to send the items individually. I don't think you would be saving a lot of $$.

QUOTE (The Gorsk @ Aug 11 2010, 09:09 PM)
I sent the packaging from my Rush Beyond The Lighted Stage DVD off to Red Rocks yesterday via priority mail. I was going to send my Moving Pictures album cover but it's pretty beat. I figured since they are at Red Rocks for a couple of days there's a good chance it would get signed and returned. Crossing my fingers and hoping that the Plane Of Dharma is kind to me....

2.gif

You and me both because I sent the exact thing to RR yesterday

Question: So you just have to send your item to the address of the venue? And how far ahead of the show do should I send it?

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 12 2010, 08:29 PM)
Question: So you just have to send your item to the address of the venue? And how far ahead of the show do should I send it?

Yes. Send it to the venue address.

This is what I did:

Name of venue

ATTN: RUSH/RUSH MANAGEMENT

Address

City, State, Zip

Mail your item so it arrives as close as possible to the show date. That way, it won't be sitting around for a long time. If something is sitting around for a long time, I would be afraid of it being misplaced or someone forgetting it or something.

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 13 2010, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 12 2010, 08:29 PM)

Yes. Send it to the venue address.

This is what I did:

Name of venue

ATTN: RUSH/RUSH MANAGEMENT

Address

City, State, Zip

Mail your item so it arrives as close as possible to the show date. That way, it won't be sitting around for a long time. If something is sitting around for a long time, I would be afraid of it being misplaced or someone forgetting it or something.

Ok, thanks a lot! bekloppt.gif

Woo-hoo! I got my DVD back from Red Rocks yesterday. It was signed by all three guys and they even wrote "To Barry" on it. For some reason I am having problems uploading a pic of it though.

2.gif

I posted this in the other autograph thread as well...but:

I mailed a copy of Permanent Waves to the Utah show. I got back from vacation last night and this was waiting cor me...the post office beat it up quite a bit (probably my own fault for not supplying more rigid packing material) but I am still really happy with it!!

http://nyaj.com/images/waves.jpg

QUOTE (Barry @ Aug 21 2010, 06:01 PM)
I posted this in the other autograph thread as well...but:

I mailed a copy of Permanent Waves to the Utah show. I got back from vacation last night and this was waiting cor me...the post office beat it up quite a bit (probably my own fault for not supplying more rigid packing material) but I am still really happy with it!!

http://nyaj.com/images/waves.jpg

I couldn't find a nice square mailer so I had to fold my album cover in half. I almost cried doing that. Seemed like such a sin! But I had no choice. I really wanted the guys to sign my Moving Pictures album.

I'm anxiously waiting to see if my items were signed back at the Wichita show. Hopefully I'll get them back later this week. I have no idea what to expect now after having an item returned to me a few weeks ago unsigned.

I just got my albums back from Witchita (I live in California). I sent in "2112" and my friend's copy of "Fly By Night", along with a silver sharpie and a note explaining the two albums. Well, from what it looks like from my cover, the sharpie seems to have died mid-sign: Neil's is clear, but Geddy and Alex's are a bit faded, and they didn't sign "Fly By Night" at all. Should have tested the sharpie more thoroughly- still pretty neat thing to have. I'll post a pic later in the evening.

QUOTE (zogoto @ Aug 23 2010, 06:10 PM)
I just got my albums back from Witchita (I live in California). I sent in "2112" and my friend's copy of "Fly By Night", along with a silver sharpie and a note explaining the two albums. Well, from what it looks like from my cover, the sharpie seems to have died mid-sign: Neil's is clear, but Geddy and Alex's are a bit faded, and they didn't sign "Fly By Night" at all. Should have tested the sharpie more thoroughly- still pretty neat thing to have. I'll post a pic later in the evening.

So YOU got back an unsigned item too!? Why are some people getting multiple items signed yet some of us are getting things returned unsigned? Rush is being mysterious.

I can't believe you got your stuff back so soon. I sent my items to the Wichita show as well. Maybe they'll be in the mail today?

Cannot wait to see the pic!