536 replies to this topic

#41 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 12 2010, 08:29 PM)
Question: So you just have to send your item to the address of the venue? And how far ahead of the show do should I send it?

Yes. Send it to the venue address.

This is what I did:

Name of venue
ATTN: RUSH/RUSH MANAGEMENT
Address
City, State, Zip

Mail your item so it arrives as close as possible to the show date. That way, it won't be sitting around for a long time. If something is sitting around for a long time, I would be afraid of it being misplaced or someone forgetting it or something.

Sponsored Post

#42 neil#2

neil#2

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2907 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drumming, Rush, you know, the good things in life.

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 13 2010, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (neil#2 @ Aug 12 2010, 08:29 PM)
Question: So you just have to send your item to the address of the venue? And how far ahead of the show do should I send it?

Yes. Send it to the venue address.

This is what I did:

Name of venue
ATTN: RUSH/RUSH MANAGEMENT
Address
City, State, Zip

Mail your item so it arrives as close as possible to the show date. That way, it won't be sitting around for a long time. If something is sitting around for a long time, I would be afraid of it being misplaced or someone forgetting it or something.

Ok, thanks a lot!  bekloppt.gif  

#43 The Gorsk

The Gorsk

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Rock -N- Roll, Disc Golf, Cycling

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:21 PM

Woo-hoo! I got my DVD back from Red Rocks yesterday. It was signed by all three guys and they even wrote "To Barry" on it. For some reason I am having problems uploading a pic of it though.

2.gif  

#44 Barry

Barry

The Seeker

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

I posted this in the other autograph thread as well...but:

I mailed a copy of Permanent Waves to the Utah show.  I got back from vacation last night and this was waiting cor me...the post office beat it up quite a bit (probably my own fault for not supplying more rigid packing material) but I am still really happy with it!!

user posted image

#45 Tigershark2112

Tigershark2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

I just sent a Moving Pictures cd sleeve to Columbus for them to sign. I also sent them an actual 4 leaf clover I found for good luck, though I mentioned on the sticky note that they wouldn't need it!
But I believe in good mojo...  cool10.gif  

#46 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Barry @ Aug 21 2010, 06:01 PM)
I posted this in the other autograph thread as well...but:

I mailed a copy of Permanent Waves to the Utah show.  I got back from vacation last night and this was waiting cor me...the post office beat it up quite a bit (probably my own fault for not supplying more rigid packing material) but I am still really happy with it!!

user posted image

I couldn't find a nice square mailer so I had to fold my album cover in half. I almost cried doing that. Seemed like such a sin! But I had no choice. I really wanted the guys to sign my Moving Pictures album.

I'm anxiously waiting to see if my items were signed back at the Wichita show. Hopefully I'll get them back later this week. I have no idea what to expect now after having an item returned to me a few weeks ago unsigned.  

#47 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 05:05 PM

You fellers can send a poster.  Just put a tube within a tube, ppm'd.

#48 zogoto

zogoto

The Seeker

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

I just got my albums back from Witchita (I live in California). I sent in "2112" and my friend's copy of "Fly By Night", along with a silver sharpie and a note explaining the two albums. Well, from what it looks like from my cover, the sharpie seems to have died mid-sign: Neil's is clear, but Geddy and Alex's are a bit faded, and they didn't sign "Fly By Night" at all. Should have tested the sharpie more thoroughly- still pretty neat thing to have. I'll post a pic later in the evening.

#49 Huskerspheres

Huskerspheres

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

I had a poster signed.  Geddy signed over Alex, they signed over the image versus wide open area and misspelled my name, but that makes it all the better.  Good story to tell when explaining to friends.

#50 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (zogoto @ Aug 23 2010, 06:10 PM)
I just got my albums back from Witchita (I live in California). I sent in "2112" and my friend's copy of "Fly By Night", along with a silver sharpie and a note explaining the two albums. Well, from what it looks like from my cover, the sharpie seems to have died mid-sign: Neil's is clear, but Geddy and Alex's are a bit faded, and they didn't sign "Fly By Night" at all. Should have tested the sharpie more thoroughly- still pretty neat thing to have. I'll post a pic later in the evening.

So YOU got back an unsigned item too!? Why are some people getting multiple items signed yet some of us are getting things returned unsigned? Rush is being mysterious.

I can't believe you got your stuff back so soon. I sent my items to the Wichita show as well. Maybe they'll be in the mail today?

Cannot wait to see the pic!

#51 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Huskerspheres @ Aug 23 2010, 09:00 PM)
I had a poster signed.  Geddy signed over Alex, they signed over the image versus wide open area and misspelled my name, but that makes it all the better.  Good story to tell when explaining to friends.

He signed over Alex's sig? What the... ? I'd love to see a pic of this!  laugh.gif  

#52 zogoto

zogoto

The Seeker

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 24 2010, 09:06 AM)

So YOU got back an unsigned item too!? Why are some people getting multiple items signed yet some of us are getting things returned unsigned? Rush is being mysterious.

I can't believe you got your stuff back so soon. I sent my items to the Wichita show as well. Maybe they'll be in the mail today?

Cannot wait to see the pic!

I'm speculating that the reason my second album wasn't signed was because my pen died (as the pic will attest), but can't say for sure. I'm considering sending another record or my ticket from the Mountain View show (or both?) with a functioning pen.

user posted image

#53 nerkinouj

nerkinouj

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:11 AM

Does anyone know if this works with other bands?

Roger Waters is doing 3 days in Toronto in September and it would be awesome to get dark side of the moon signed.

#54 Pride still prevails

Pride still prevails

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:manipulative magic, sleight of hand kinda stuff

Posted 25 August 2010 - 10:39 AM

So do you have to put a note in the package to ask them to sign it or do they know that is what we want?  Also, do you include a pen for them to sign with.

#55 zogoto

zogoto

The Seeker

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:16 AM

I did include a note, but I don't think I explicitly asked them to sign the items. There's a good bet it isn't necessary, but it wouldn't hurt either way.

#56 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Pride still prevails @ Aug 25 2010, 08:39 AM)
So do you have to put a note in the package to ask them to sign it or do they know that is what we want?  Also, do you include a pen for them to sign with.

I think it's pretty obvious to them although it never hurts to include a note.

I sent in a silver pen with my Moving Pictures album but they used their own. (The sigs were signed using black ink.)

Edited by Janie, 25 August 2010 - 02:25 PM.

#57 jblastick

jblastick

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 25 2010, 02:25 PM)
So do you have to put a note in the package to ask them to sign it or do they know that is what we want?  Also, do you include a pen for them to sign with.

I sent in a silver pen with my Moving Pictures album but they used their own. (The sigs were signed using black ink.)

Well I'm officially "on the clock".  Had my Signals album cover sent to Charter One Pavillion in Chicago.  The return address was my office address in downtown Chicago (a stones throw away from the venue) so I'm hoping to get it back.  I wonder when they sign the items and when they put it back in the mail.  Do you think they're signed the day they play the venue and mailed the next day or do you think this stuff is taken with them while traveling from city to city and mailed out at the tour managers conveinence?  

Anybody have any insight?

Thanks

Jim

#58 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (jblastick @ Aug 25 2010, 12:38 PM)

Well I'm officially "on the clock".  Had my Signals album cover sent to Charter One Pavillion in Chicago.  The return address was my office address in downtown Chicago (a stones throw away from the venue) so I'm hoping to get it back.  I wonder when they sign the items and when they put it back in the mail.  Do you think they're signed the day they play the venue and mailed the next day or do you think this stuff is taken with them while traveling from city to city and mailed out at the tour managers conveinence?  

Thanks

Jim

I can't see as how they would pack items up and take them with them. I'm pretty sure they reserve a small window of time the day of the show for signing items and then give them to someone who works at the venue to stick in the mail which is probably picked up the next day.

That's my guess.

#59 jblastick

jblastick

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 25 2010, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (jblastick @ Aug 25 2010, 12:38 PM)

Thanks

Jim

I can't see as how they would pack items up and take them with them. I'm pretty sure they reserve a small window of time the day of the show for signing items and then give them to someone who works at the venue to stick in the mail which is probably picked up the next day.

That's my guess.

Thanks Janie

#60 nerkinouj

nerkinouj

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

I think this is something I should be asking the post office instead, but how far ahead should i send the items. I'm in canada, and i'll be sending it to a us location

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users