• Please log in to reply
536 replies to this topic

#1 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

I know some of us are sending items to the venues to be signed by the guys. Has anyone done this yet and had their items returned? I'd love to see some pics!

Sponsored Post

#2 gator2112

gator2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

I sent 2 things last tour. On both legs. First I sent "Contents Under Pressure" book. All the guys signed it. Next leg I sent a "Snakes & Arrows" lithograph I picked up on the first leg. They all signed it, with Geddy writing good luck to me. So don't worry about getting it back. Thinking of sending my copy of "Ghost Rider" for Neil to sign.        2.gif  

#3 MULTIPLIED REACTION

MULTIPLIED REACTION

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8601 posts
  • Interests:Family, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Minnesota Vikings,Notre Dame Football, Chelseafc, fishing, bicycling

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE (gator2112 @ Jul 17 2010, 11:52 AM)
I sent 2 things last tour. On both legs. First I sent "Contents Under Pressure" book. All the guys signed it. Next leg I sent a "Snakes & Arrows" lithograph I picked up on the first leg. They all signed it, with Geddy writing good luck to me. So don't worry about getting it back. Thinking of sending my copy of "Ghost Rider" for Neil to sign.        2.gif

I sent in Ghost Rider and got it back signed. smile.gif  

#4 dilbertyard

dilbertyard

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

I want to send Roadshow but I'm not really sure what to do, can someone here explain.

#5 Sarge

Sarge

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 626 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:31 PM

here's a cut & paste of an answer I posted a few weeks ago, Good Luck smile.gif

I took roadshow to the secc in Glasgow on the last tour, handed into information at the venue addressed to Neil Peart or RUSH tour manager.

I enclosed a SAE and got it back within a week.

user posted image

#6 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (gator2112 @ Jul 17 2010, 09:52 AM)
I sent 2 things last tour. On both legs. First I sent "Contents Under Pressure" book. All the guys signed it. Next leg I sent a "Snakes & Arrows" lithograph I picked up on the first leg. They all signed it, with Geddy writing good luck to me. So don't worry about getting it back. Thinking of sending my copy of "Ghost Rider" for Neil to sign.        2.gif

I sent these items in during the last tour:

user posted image

I'm sending a few items during this tour too. I'm hoping they're still signing items.  confused13.gif  

#7 AdmiralWiggin

AdmiralWiggin

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:41 PM

Did not see the link you pasted. Can you send Items to non local venues? and what will they sign?

#8 The_Enemy_Within

The_Enemy_Within

"Without music, life would be a mistake"

• Members *
  • 2343 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

How far in advance do you have to do this???
I never knew people did this.
doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif  doh.gif
I SO wanna get something signed!

#9 robertrobyn

robertrobyn

Positive attitude, positive results

• Members
  • 1806 posts
  • Interests:Rush and More Rush!! Collecting Rush Stuff!!! My Family!

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:32 PM

I sent something last tour and did not get it back.

#10 GeddyLeefan2112

GeddyLeefan2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1342 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Geddy Lee, not being at work

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

I'm going to deliver AGAIN for the person asking what to do when sending in things to be signed.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=55629

Don't worry, folks. I'm not super human. I just have that thread bookmarked because its relevant to my interests. biggrin.gif

#11 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:45 PM

Well...

I had sent a few things to the Seattle show. Two things that I really wanted signed, got one thing back. I had asked for picks and sticks too but didn't get any. That's ok though because I wasn't actually expecting them... just thought it would have been nice. BUT! Here is my signed item:

user posted image

So, I am happy with it and it'll be framed soon and hanging next to my framed, signed S&A tour book. (I had sent in the guitar sheet music for SOR because that was the first song that hooked me but it came back, unsigned. I'm actually pretty damn bummed about that.)

#12 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:25 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 11 2010, 01:45 PM)
Well...

I had sent a few things to the Seattle show. Two things that I really wanted signed, got one thing back. I had asked for picks and sticks too but didn't get any. That's ok though because I wasn't actually expecting them... just thought it would have been nice. BUT! Here is my signed item:

user posted image

So, I am happy with it and it'll be framed soon and hanging next to my framed, signed S&A tour book. (I had sent in the guitar sheet music for SOR because that was the first song that hooked me but it came back, unsigned. I'm actually pretty damn bummed about that.)

Wow, I haven't gotten my things from the SLC show.  Keeping my fingers crossed!   confused13.gif  

#13 EmotionDetector

EmotionDetector

Emotion-Guy

• Members *
  • 6086 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:27 PM

Do you think it is possible to send something from Canada to one of the venues in the States that they will be playing in the coming weeks?

I've never tried sending anything out...would be awesome.

#14 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Aug 11 2010, 12:25 PM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 11 2010, 01:45 PM)
Well...

user posted image

Wow, I haven't gotten my things from the SLC show.  Keeping my fingers crossed!   confused13.gif

Wow. Seems like you should have received it by now. Maybe it'll come in the mail today?  

#15 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Aug 11 2010, 12:27 PM)
Do you think it is possible to send something from Canada to one of the venues in the States that they will be playing in the coming weeks?

I've never tried sending anything out...would be awesome.

I don't see why you couldn't. Good luck!  smile.gif  

#16 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:40 PM

Here's a handy little checklist in bullet form for those wanting to send in an item to be signed:

TO SEND IN ITEMS TO BE SIGNED

* Pick the item you want signed.
* Stick it in a package.
* Include a SASE that will hold your signed item of choice. (Be sure to attach enough postage. This may mean going to the post office, weighing the envelope and item together to ensure that you attach the correct amount of postage for everything to be returned to you.)
* Before mailing, and to be sure it arrives at the venue of your choice, attach a ‘Delivery Confirmation Receipt’ (available at the post office). You can then look up online to see when your package arrives.
* Mail the item so that it arrives close to the show date.

From my experience, and others, items are put in the mail the day they’re signed.

#17 The_Necromancer_77

The_Necromancer_77

Kid Charlemagne

• Members
  • 4811 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

Aw sad.gif I sent something to the Seattle show, but after reading that someone else already got their stuff back from Seattle, I'm thinking I won't get anything back.

Now I'm kind of sad.

#18 neil#2

neil#2

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2907 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drumming, Rush, you know, the good things in life.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

I totally want to do this! I have a Poster that has all the album covers on it. It's going in the mail for sure!

2.gif  

#19 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

I'm wondering if they only sign one item per fan now? If that's the case, then maybe I'll re-send the sheet music to another venue with a posty note specifically asking Alex to sign it. (I sent two items in prior and both were signed. I know this may sound silly but I'm actually really disappointed that Alex didn't sign the sheet music. Why couldn't he have signed it? Why was it returned to me? It's kind of weird.)

#20 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 11 2010, 02:45 PM)
Well...

user posted image

You know, I've noticed that Neil tends to take the time to personalize items.  I imagine the names have to be pretty clearly attached to whatever it is he's signing, but my copy of Roadshow is personalized.  Several other items that people have posted photos of also have names, in Neil's handwriting, above his signature.

Just saying, you know, it's Neil. . .doing a little something extra for fans. . . wink.gif

Edited by Mara, 11 August 2010 - 07:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users