Chris Langone's Explanation

chrislangone

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Jul 10 2010, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 10 2010, 08:01 PM)
I hope you win this Chris, and from what I'm reading, it should be a slam dunk. 

The ticket promised a rain or shine show.  By doing so, they infer that they will do anything and everything in their power to make it happen, and you just have to brave the weather.  You were ready to live up to your end of it, and they failed at keeping their end of the CONTRACT. 

Is it Rush's fault?  Indirectly, yes.  They have full control of this and should be more knowledgable about what's going on at these venues.  It had nothing to do with the lie about another incoming storm, it was about the venue's inability to keep the equiptment and wires up to snuff to proceed with a RAIN OR SHINE show.  I don't see where the problem people seem to be having with this is coming from. 

I'd be damned pissed if this had happened to me.  2.gif may be millionaires, but their fans are not all in the same boat as they.  You want to see them, and you can NOT make the rescheduled show, and should NOT be forced into doing so in the first place.  Another part of the contract is the date of the event.  THAT is the night that you were free to pay for this ticket and attend.  NOT a rescheduled event months later.  I see no reason why fans should be treated this way and I hope that 2.gif gets wind of this and makes it right. 

It's total BS Chris.  You deserve your money back so you can go enjoy your favorite band ON YOUR TERMS, not when they say you can.  Why should you have to sell your tix on ebay and go through all that BS.  It's a simple thing.  Give the guy his money back for the event that they could not pull off, that was again... a RAIN OR SHINE event. 

Good luck Chris, and keep us posted.  trink39.gif 

Necro

So you've never been to a show that was cancelled? Come on dude. It happens quite often. And I'm sure Rush will reschedule. It was cancelled do to weather,nothing they could do. How the f**k can you blame the band?

Ummm... yeah DUDEles, i HAVE been to shows that were rescheduled. It sucks. One time, I was without a car and took a bus to Philly, 3 hours away.

I didn't get shit back for any of that. It's bullshit. Maybe if someone like Chris had stood up for the f*ckin' fans back then... shit like this would't still be happening.

Millionaire cocknock musicians and the industry that helps them rape the fans are long overdue for a reality check. Musicians that play shit and live off their past are being finally screwed by illegal pirating, and maybe they'll start to put out albums that are WORTH the money they expect for it. And now... thanks to Chris, these venues and the bands themselves will have to consider the fact that we all don't have their millions and we want our money back when a show gets cancelled.

I've had to wait in line, back in the day, and play the phone and internet game, to get tickets for these shows. I do my part to get them their money INSTANTLY. Well, if they don't honor their part of it... i want my money back instantly as well. WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO??? Why can't Chris get 500 fukin' bucks back from a BILLION dollar machine???

You toads out there that think these idiot musicians are beyond reproach, EVEN RUSH, need to get your heads examined. I'm not saying Chris made huge sacrifices... but some people really DO make huge sacrifices to get the money to see these bands. And if the show says RAIN OR SHINE... and i'm willing to fukin' stand in a downpour, like I have PLENTY of times... then the millionair babies better get the f*k on that covered stage and play the goddamn set. You want to give their spoiled asses a break... fine. Go ahead. Give them a reach around next time the f*k you in the ass too.

I hope that when Rush get wind of this, they are the guys i've always thought they were and make this right. I really hope their not a couple of Lars's.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 10 2010, 11:27 PM)
I've been to shows in rainstorms, so it has to be more than that. Didn't Rush cancel because their equipment was compromised? If so, people can die.

But the equiptment should NOT have been compromised. It was unprofessional of the venue to have let the equiptment get that way. I've seen bands play in torrential downpours, so it's not an impossibility. And usually the band is under some kind of protection, while the crowd is who suffers the weather.

Give him his money back, plain and simple. You'd want it back too.

QUOTE (DetachedandSubdivided @ Jul 10 2010, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jul 10 2010, 08:41 PM)
IF you are going to travel like that to an outdoor concert, you're taking a huge risk. I would never travel over maybe 2 hours by car to any outdoor concert, but then again, im smart.

This case will get thrown out and you wont get a dime. they have the right to cancel shows for safety reasons you know. It's not for the bands safety, its for yours. There was lightning, they dont want thousands of ppl standing out there. They did the right thing genius.

Sure, they have the right to cancel - but NOT the right to keep your cash and run off with it.

There's a bit of a difference there. wink.gif

I was at the show - I don't blame them for cancelling (whoever's decision it was is irrelevant to me). BUT, if they decided not to perform, a ticket refund is just plain common sense (barring a rescheduled event).

If they reschedule and our tickets are still valid, then I think Chris may easily be on the losing end of it. But if they don't reschedule, then I think it makes perfect sense that refunds are granted.

goodpost.gif

I may not have given Chris much credit at first, and I do think that at the root of the case there really are good intentions, but I still think it is still too early to do something like this. The show has not even been rescheduled at this point.

Who knows... maybe Rush will be "kind" enough to just cancel the show so that everyone can just get their money back without all this rescheduling chaos.

Unfortunately I am not familiar enough with the business aspect of things as I would like to be, but if what is has been previously posted by others is truly on the back of those tickets I'm afraid that any good intentions this lawsuit may have are in vain.

2. Live Nation is not obligated to issue a refund for cancelled/rescheduled events if they give you the right within 12 months to 1) attend the rescheduled event or 2) exchange your ticket for a "comparable" event.

This "fine print" HELPS his argument: A Rush concert in Toronto or Wantaugh is a "comparable" event.

Stub Hub or LiveNation should issue two comparable tickets.

Problem solved by using their own policy.

All they have to do is prove it was unsafe for the band to perform that night and the case will most likely be tossed.

But was it made unsafe by LiveNation's negligence in keeping the venue maintained for an outdoor concert?

I would wager that plenty of bands have played outdoor shows in monsoon like rain where their equipment etc was maintained to be used safely by the band and crew.

Edited by Middle Kingdom

I doubt very much that this guy can match the financial/legal resources of Rush or LiveNation. So as much as some may want LiveNation to be cut down to size, it just ain't gonna happen.

The problem is he wants his money back RIGHT NOW and that isn't going to happen either.

Have a little patience and he'll either get a refund or the opportunity to sell his tix to someone else. Consider the "out of pocket" losses to be a lesson learned.

I have not read all of the responses, but I have read every word of the original post. Chris, I understand why you've reached out via a Rush messageboard(s) in the attempt to see if others with similar circumstances would be interested in joining the class-action suit. However (and I'm no expert at law), I also feel that every word you write can (and will) be used against you in court.

My first instinct is to advise you to stop writing anything about this until after this is all done and over with. Gaining popular opinion is not going to matter in court, and I would fear your arguments on a website may only hurt you in your goal. I do wish you luck, as well. What struck me most is your point about the failure to protect the stage before the show. Had that been done properly, the show probably could have gone ahead as originally scheduled. Let's hope that means something to a judge.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jul 11 2010, 07:39 AM)
I have not read all of the responses, but I have read every word of the original post. Chris, I understand why you've reached out via a Rush messageboard(s) in the attempt to see if others with similar circumstances would be interested in joining the class-action suit. However (and I'm no expert at law), I also feel that every word you write can (and will) be used against you in court.

My first instinct is to advise you to stop writing anything about this until after this is all done and over with. Gaining popular opinion is not going to matter in court, and I would fear your arguments on a website may only hurt you in your goal. I do wish you luck, as well. What struck me most is your point about the failure to protect the stage before the show. Had that been done properly, the show probably could have gone ahead as originally scheduled. Let's hope that means something to a judge.

Excellent advice.

Pags, I think you could make a killing as a legal consultant.

QUOTE (Pags @ Jul 11 2010, 08:39 AM)

Indeed. While I maintain this is an issue with stub hub and not much more he does not help his cause when in the OP he writes:

"When the storm came a few of my friends suggested not going on account of the weather."

doh.gif

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jul 11 2010, 09:43 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Jul 11 2010, 07:39 AM)
I have not read all of the responses, but I have read every word of the original post.  Chris, I understand why you've reached out via a Rush messageboard(s) in the attempt to see if others with similar circumstances would be interested in joining the class-action suit.  However (and I'm no expert at law), I also feel that every word you write can (and will) be used against you in court.

My first instinct is to advise you to stop writing anything about this until after this is all done and over with.  Gaining popular opinion is not going to matter in court, and I would fear your arguments on a website may only hurt you in your goal.  I do wish you luck, as well.  What struck me most is your point about the failure to protect the stage before the show.  Had that been done properly, the show probably could have gone ahead as originally scheduled.  Let's hope that means something to a judge.

Excellent advice.

Pags, I think you could make a killing as a legal consultant.

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/26.gif I am ready to assist, in any way I can... for a fee. laugh.gif

I have to go with Chris on this one....it just sucks that our favorite band is involved. Stub hub or whoever is involved will try to play this out as long as possible hoping we/they will give up...to me it's more of a matter of principal than money. And where does the money go??? To someone who is making a profit for doing nothing and that's just plain WRONG. Problem is too many people today just go to the default and say "well there's nothing we can do about it" and "that's just the way it is" msn_sheep.png weather it be the company you work for or the insurance company you pay your premiums to.

We are led to believe they are just too big and powerful for us peasants to challenge or we are afraid we will loose our jobs. I know this rant goes way beyond this issue here but the moral and principal do not. Do i think Rush will do the right thing......you bet. Will it solve his immediate problem, probably not. But if he pushes hard enough it might force these ticket companies to take more responsibility down the road.

I'm sure every business owner here knows sometimes you just have to eat it, and if your margin is so thin to where one time can ruin you then you should not be in the business.

We all have to take the good with the bad

There should be say a 30 day reschedule/refund window.

Its pretty clear that if you purchase through stub hub you agree to their policies. per their site:

If the event is cancelled or postponed:

If an event is cancelled and will not occur at a later date, StubHub will send the Buyer an email offering the Buyer the opportunity to return their tickets within 2 weeks in order to receive a refund for the full cost of the tickets, including service fees and shipping and handling charges. StubHub, in its sole discretion, will determine when an event has been cancelled. If an event is postponed or rescheduled, the Buyer may use the tickets on the rescheduled date or, time permitting, list them for sale at StubHub. If an event is postponed but replacement tickets are required for entry to the event on the rescheduled date, StubHub will work to obtain replacement tickets for the Buyer. If an event is postponed and the number of replacement tickets available is limited, StubHub may, in its sole discretion, deem the event cancelled.

http://www.stubhub.com/fanprotect-guarantee-legal/

I think everyone here sympathizes with Chris's plight but shit happens and everyday i am reminded that murphy was an optimist. I truly am sorry for all those in attendance and can imagine how disappointing it would be.

Hopefully the date will be canceled entirely or rescheduled shortly for his sake.

Stub Hub is just another layer of corporate bullshit sitting on top of ticketmasters layer of BS. once they get their claws on your money they do not want to give it back.