Loud

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 launchpad67a

launchpad67a

Armchair rocket scientist graffiti existentialist

• 4210 posts
  • Interests:Professional musician, web designer, sound engineer, studio owner, licensed pyrotechnician.
    I am also an avid golfer, drinker and smoker.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Apr 13 2005, 02:52 AM)
Loudest Drummer

A peak reading of 109.1 decibels was recorded during a show by the French one-man show The Jerome Experience (aka drummer Jéróme Dehèdin) at the Celtic Warriors 10th Birthday Bash at Woodgreen Animal Shelter, Cambridgeshire, UK on April 12, 2003.

A peak-level sound meter was used to record Dehèdin's drumming, which peaked at a volume equivalent to a propeller plane taking off and louder than a pneumatic drill from 3 m (10 ft) away.

That's strange because I have played gigs in clubs consistantly around 110db. These are rock clubs and like it loud and proud. Even my drum solos averaged around 104db without even pumping the system. With my bands current PA, I could probably put up a number around 112db for a drum solo. Pushing the system pretty hard granted.

Sponsored Post

#42 keenanj

keenanj

The Seeker

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 10:02 AM

Man of War. A horrible band, a horrible concert. So loud I put toilet paper in my ears, covered them with my hands and had to leave. Mind you, I am in a band and I know loud-this was abu grave...

#43 Uncle

Uncle

The Seeker

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Bass Guitar, Music, Hill Walking, Fencing and many others.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:10 PM

Lol a propeller plane? That's not loud

Try being around these everyday and then you'll understand what loud is about these things regularly top 150db (about the pain threshold for humans)
user posted image

I'm sure that Maiden was more than 110db.

Others have been painfully loud so they must have been friggin loud.

Edited by Uncle, 13 April 2005 - 12:14 PM.

#44 defrushfan01

defrushfan01

Making Modern Music

• Members *
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music.... Listing to music, playing music, recording music. Music plays a big part in my day to day life, if theres no music, life is dull.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 01:55 PM

I saw Def Leppard on their last tour. It was so loud my ears rang for 4 days. If you want to go see a LOUD band just go see Def Leppard sometime, they will blow you out of the venue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users