Loud

Mereas

I sat 7th row, on the side, staring at a stack of speakers at an Iron Maiden concert in the mid-80's. There was ringing in my ears for 3 days. If I'm not mistaken, they were the loudest band touring at the time. (circa 1984-85)

Van Halen was pretty freakin' loud, too.

But as far as RUSH, I think they go for sound rather than loudness.

I was on the first night of the Wembley gig (8th September) Crap seats, awesome show.

I think deep purple hold the world record for loudest concert ever.

Yup, i've been to a motorhead concert, and yep, they're pretty loud, and the play in very small halls aswell.

If anyone's been to Colston Hall, that's where i saw them last time, and this november i'm seeing them in Cardiff Uni, 4 times as small........4 TIMES AS LOUD!!!!!

For me, Rush weren't too loud, but i was 20 metres(?) away from the stage to the right in the NEC, But it was a good kinda loud, where you can still hear what you're listening too

Funny that, even though motorhead are one of the loudest, i could hear everything that was played

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Uncle @ Apr 11 2005, 02:50 PM)
I was on the first night of the Wembley gig (8th September) Crap seats, awesome show.

I think deep purple hold the world record for loudest concert ever.

Wow me too! Small world huh? it was indeed an awsome show, however form where I was sitting the acoustic wern't all that good at the beginning, but the fixed by the time they got to Earthshine!

Rush has never been to loud for me. I would say the LOUDEST bands I have seen would be a tie between Metallica and AC/DC. Kiss was CLOSE, but not as loud. Every other band I have seen live had been perfect. Not TOO loud, not TOO quiet. They were all just loud loud enough for EVERYONE to hear them perfectly and able to hear everything clealy, but at the same time, didn't really have to SCREAM to the person right NEXT to you whenever you wanted to say something to each other, lol. tongue.gif

Rush's sound has ALWAYS been perfect live...well, for all the show's I'VE seen, anyway. I would probably say that the Test for Echo tour was the loudest Rush tour for me though. It wasn't PAINFULLY loud...but...louder than any other time I have seen them in concert. but either way...Rush has ALWAYS put on some of the best live shows out there today. yes.gif

-Matt

QUOTE (Mereas @ Apr 8 2005, 06:27 PM)
Ive been to 4-5 rockconcerts, but noone plays as loud as Rush. Anyone think so too?
Parts of Neils drumming almost vaporized me, it was heavy, wacko.gif
So what do you think, generaly, are Rush more loud than other bands...?

I thought Kiss and Molly Hatchet were extremely loud, but, then again, that's the way I like it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 13 2005, 12:10 AM)
QUOTE (rushstarboy37 @ Apr 13 2005, 12:45 AM)
I haven't been to one but everybody always says that ac/dc is the loudest band they've ever heard.

I've heard the same thing. AC/DC and Motorhead will make your ears bleed. Cool. cool.gif

Just the way I like it 1287.gif icon_alienjig.gif common001.gif

I think Manowar holds the record for loudest.

Manowar.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000005RF7.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

A typical rock concert ranges from between 110 to 125 decibels. The loudest on record is The Who, at 126db. Man-O-War claims to have reached 129.5 in 1994 and says Guinness refused to list it because they didn't want to encourage people to try and break it -- a quick check of the Guinness website confirms they have no listing for loudest rock concert.

I seem to have read somewhere that the current unofficial record is something sick, like 146db. Can't confirm this obviously.

A bit of background on sound:

The average conversation typically has a sound level of about 50 decibels. Your vacuum cleaner or blender brings the sound level up to about 70 decibels. A typical electric shaver reaches about 85 decibels. If you're imagining the loudness in your head and it doesn't seem like a linear progression - you are catching on quickly. For every 10 decibels, the loudness actually increases twofold. Therefore, 50 decibels is twice as loud as 40, 60 is four times as loud as 40, and so on.

The level an electric shaver reaches - 85 decibels - is widely agreed upon by doctors as the lower threshhold at which damage can begin occurring. At this level, several hours of exposure in a day can cause irreversible damage to the ears, especially if exposed on a regular basis.

For more reference - hearing a jet take off from 500 meters away reaches an approximate level of 100 decibels - 32 times as loud as your typical office, and more strikingly, 4 times louder than a freight train.

Damage starts slowly at 85, and rapidly increases as sound levels go up. It takes only two hours of exposure in a day at 100 decibels to do permanent damage to a person's hearing.

At 110 decibels, that time decreases to only 30 minutes. At 130? A mere 3 minutes and 45 seconds of exposure can cause permanent hearing loss.

What did you say...??? confused13.gif

Man of War. A horrible band, a horrible concert. So loud I put toilet paper in my ears, covered them with my hands and had to leave. Mind you, I am in a band and I know loud-this was abu grave...

Lol a propeller plane? That's not loud

Try being around these everyday and then you'll understand what loud is about these things regularly top 150db (about the pain threshold for humans)

http://www.s92357647.onlinehome.us/_borders/B1b.jpg

I'm sure that Maiden was more than 110db.

Others have been painfully loud so they must have been friggin loud.

I saw Def Leppard on their last tour. It was so loud my ears rang for 4 days. If you want to go see a LOUD band just go see Def Leppard sometime, they will blow you out of the venue

Archived