2nd Chicago show canceled

tcbroonsie

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the skies opened up and it got ugly nasty really fast. I was worried about the weather all day...always a risk at a completely outdoor facility like Charter One Pavilion (and a good reason to stay at the covered First Midwest Bank Ampitheater or United Center).

On the bright side, I was unable to attend either show in Chicago this week, so I'm hoping for a reschedule so I can go!

Just returned home from the cancelled show - LOTS of unhappy fans in attendance.

It started to pour about an hour before the show, and really let loose just before 7:30. It did slow and eventually come to a stop (Almost), but the LiveNation guy came out about 30 min later and gave us the bad news and told us that because of the forecast, they were going to play it safe for us and the band and cancel the show.

I had hopes that they'd still play, since there was no wind and the rain had withdrawn to a sprinkle. But in these days of insurance premiums and contracts, I am not surprised.

Best seats I've ever had at a Rush show, too. I sincerely hope they reschedule.

I also have to whine a bit about the venue. It's terrible. As in, the worst venue I think I've ever been too. Had the show been scheduled in just about ANY other venue in Chicago - we'd be watching the show right now. The flimsy folding seats at the Pavillion are about 16 inches wide (literally), and tied together with those industrial plastic ties. It was super-cramped, felt cheap, and was just a terrible location. I sincerely hope they don't ever use this venue again.

Oh well, enough whining - at least I did get to see them 2 nights ago. smile.gif

Bummer sad.gif That has to be the worst feeling. I hope they reschedule for you guys. smile.gif

Edited to say, I know the boy's feel just as bad. They love their fans!! 2.gif

Edited by troutman

I was there tonight. Drove all the way

from Ohio. Thank God I saw Mondays

show. The heavens opened at about

6:30 and poured for an hour. They

then announced more storms were

on the way and the show would be

rescheduled. They said ticketmaster

would email all ticket holders.

QUOTE (scotts @ Jul 7 2010, 05:28 PM)
I was there tonight. Drove all the way
from Ohio. Thank God I saw Mondays
show. The heavens opened at about
6:30 and poured for an hour. They
then announced more storms were
on the way and the show would be
rescheduled. They said ticketmaster
would email all ticket holders.

Cool!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I sincerely hope they fit this one back into the schedule. I know it was Night 2 in Chicago, but still - lots of disappointed fans, I'm sure.

Well I'm sure glad I picked Monday to make the trek from metro Detroit. And as mentioned above, Charter One is a horrible makeshift facility in an even worse location. It would have been better off being in Grant Park in a field.

QUOTE (Mystic Rythm @ Jul 7 2010, 07:33 PM)
That sux. angry.gif
I'm gonna drink another beer for you guy's. trink39.gif

DITTO!

What horrible news! It reminds me of the bad weather at Red Rocks on the second leg of the S&A Tour, or was it really bad weather?

Glad I saw the first leg of S&A at Red Rocks.

Hope they reschedule. If not maybe they will make it up on the "Clockwork Angels" Tour.

trink39.gif

I am fists crying.gif. I had second row directly in front of the keyboard. I hope they reschedule at charter one so I can get that same seat if thats how it works. It would of been so cool to see the show from that seat. I do still love the Charter one and it is my favorite venue I have been to and I have been to a lot of venues. The sound is amazing it has no bad seat. I have been there about ten times.

QUOTE (afurrything @ Jul 7 2010, 10:01 PM)
Just a question
who determines when to cancel? Is it the band/manager or venue or what?
Just curious.

It could be either if the band wants to play but the venue thinks its unsafe then the venue will make the call but if the band is afraid of getting wet then it could be the band.

I'm so sorry, alla youse who had tickets, but it's better to be safe than burned to a crisp!

I hope your show is rescheduled and your seats honored. trink39.gif

Total bummer. sad.gif

Sorry for you guys. I'm sure they will reschedule, though.

Now I'm super-nervous about the Red Rocks show I am flying to in August. Please oh please don't let it get rained out!!

I started mentally freaking out that this could happen to me but then I realized my venue is indoors. Never been there before, silly me tongue.gif

This does suck though. Hope most people got to see them night one. I can only imagine how disappointed people are. I'd be crushed.

Hope they reschedule for all those disappointed tonight. trink39.gif

Geddy was on The Loop 97.9 fm at around 9:15, he said the lighting started getting wet and shorting out, the stage was Soaked. It sounds like a different venue is a possibility when they reschedule. First Midwest Bank amphitheater has the same seating designs.

QUOTE (rocketom @ Jul 7 2010, 10:42 PM)
Geddy was on The Loop 97.9 fm at around 9:15, he said the lighting started getting wet and shorting out, the stage was Soaked. It sounds like a different venue is a possibility when they reschedule. First Midwest Bank amphitheater has the same seating designs.

First Midwest Bank amphitheater sound is horrible.

I just got home. Big bummer. Thank god I saw Monday and Summerfest. That venue is great but it is not geared for large lighting rigs or pyro. The venue has no covered area for people to get out of the rain except for the vip tent. It really looked like the storm was going to go around. It was hot and muggy for a long time and then I felt some cool air and I was like oh no...and then it started pouring.

p.s. The heavens didnt open up until after they finished the meet and greet! :-)

Damn you Mother Nature!!!! Seems as though she is the only one to stop the Almighty Trio from entertaining us.

QUOTE (farcryoverspilledmilk @ Jul 7 2010, 10:56 PM)
ANOTHER REASON why I prefer and always will prefer ARENAS. I hate outdoor concerts. Heat, bugs, rain, wind, shitty sound...yuck.

Give me arena's any day of the week.

Saw them in Joe Louis Arena and the outdoor facility in Cincinnati they played last tour.

The sound was much sharper outside IMO, the lighting was 100 times better in the Joe.