Geddy's obsession

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:19 AM

I had read this article some time back, but given my new appreciation of red wine, I totally enjoyed reading it again.  Thanks to whoever found this thread and brought it back to my attention!   trink39.gif

Sponsored Post

#22 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

sounds like he's got alot of wines from france.  for me it's italian wines.
impressive collection though.  i remember my grandfathers wine cellar from when i was younger with the wine press and old creaky door.  not exactly like geddy's but it had more character. biggrin.gif  

#23 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:33 AM

Been there, done that. It's a combination of boredom, feeling the need to impress others and an idealistic mentality.   After you drink enough "polished" wines you realize its all bullsht.  Now I grab an excellent $23 bottle whenever I feel the need.

Edited by GeminiRising79, 02 October 2010 - 09:47 AM.

#24 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 2 2010, 09:33 AM)
Been there, done that.   After you drink enough "polished" wines you realize its all bullsht.  Now I grab an excellent $23 bottle whenever I feel for it...I'm not out to impress anyone anymore.

i'm more in the $7-$15 range and won't go above $15.  of course if someone wants to buy me a more expensive wine as a gift, i wouldn't complain.  i'm not a wine conniosseur but i've taste sh*tty tasting expensive wine and good tasting cheaper wine and vice versa.

#25 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 2 2010, 07:38 AM)
Been there, done that.   After you drink enough "polished" wines you realize its all bullsht.  Now I grab an excellent $23 bottle whenever I feel for it...I'm not out to impress anyone anymore.

i'm more in the $7-$15 range and won't go above $15.  of course if someone wants to buy me a more expensive wine as a gift, i wouldn't complain.  i'm not a wine conniosseur but i've taste sh*tty tasting expensive wine and good tasting cheaper wine and vice versa.

I agree with you. I've experienced some le grande wines I couldn't eject out of my mouth fast enough.

Pardon my ninja edit, BTW, lol

#26 ReflectedLight

ReflectedLight

The Sphere

• Members
  • 8673 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 2 2010, 09:42 AM)
Been there, done that.   After you drink enough "polished" wines you realize its all bullsht.  Now I grab an excellent $23 bottle whenever I feel for it...I'm not out to impress anyone anymore.

I agree with you. I've experienced some le grande wines I couldn't eject out of my mouth fast enough.

i've never tasted le grande and honestly had to look that one up after you mentioned it. laugh.gif  pinot noir makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif   i really like wines from tuscany which i find smooth, at least for my taste. cool.gif  

#27 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 2 2010, 07:48 AM)
Been there, done that.   After you drink enough "polished" wines you realize its all bullsht.  Now I grab an excellent $23 bottle whenever I feel for it...I'm not out to impress anyone anymore.

i've never tasted le grande and honestly had to look that one up after you mentioned it. laugh.gif  pinot noir makes me want to 062802puke_prv.gif   i really like wines from tuscany which i find smooth, at least for my taste. cool.gif

What I was really referring to was "le grand cru" wines. smile.gif

Edited by GeminiRising79, 02 October 2010 - 10:17 AM.

#28 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (Geddy's Gal @ Apr 8 2005, 09:53 AM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Certainly puts my small wine rack to shame.......and I'd just love to share any one of those bottles with him !!

Give me a corkscrew and peel us off the floor in a few hours.

I would have a heyday in that place!

His reds would be safe. But his whites... gone.

#29 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts
  • Interests:art, supernatural, biker boots, Guess boots, MK boots, combat boots

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:44 PM

Geddy is a mega wine connoisseur.  That's so cool.

P.S.   When I run Geddy's name through the spell check, I get Giddy.  LOL
rofl3.gif  

#30 GeminiRising79

GeminiRising79

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2707 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 2 2010, 10:00 AM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Certainly puts my small wine rack to shame.......and I'd just love to share any one of those bottles with him !!

Give me a corkscrew and peel us off the bed in a few hours.

fixed  yes.gif  

#31 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:05 PM

Geddy is a nice guy, even when he gets "angry."
Another reason why I love this man:

#32 RushHour

RushHour

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Boots @ Oct 2 2010, 01:05 PM)

That's hilarious.  A big bummer!!!!!!   LOL laugh.gif  

#33 Boots

Boots

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3009 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (RushHour @ Oct 2 2010, 01:06 PM)
QUOTE (Boots @ Oct 2 2010, 01:05 PM)

That's hilarious.  A big bummer!!!!!!   LOL laugh.gif

"Do you understand English?  Move back!"  ROTFLMAO  

common001.gif  z7shysterical.gif  rofl3.gif  applaudit.gif  

#34 Rushchick10

Rushchick10

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3322 posts
  • Interests:Rush, endurance cycling, Rush, weightlifting, Rush, music, Geddy Lee, hiking, Rush...oh, you get the idea!

Posted 03 October 2010 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE (Janie @ Oct 2 2010, 12:00 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Give me a corkscrew and peel us off the floor in a few hours.

I would have a heyday in that place!

His reds would be safe. But his whites... gone.

Ok, Janie can have his whites, and I can just have Geddy.

I think we have this figured out now!  Thanks, Janie!  tongue.gif  laugh.gif  

#35 jacob's ladder

jacob's ladder

The Seeker

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:19 AM

That's really cool.  I have recently gotten into road biking & this year I did a 100 mile ride & snapped some beers in my truck after.

I can imaging Geddy & maybe the rest of the band kicking up their feet at the end of that crazy tour & snapping open some bottles from the cellar.  Very cool.

#36 -Jane-

-Jane-

Evil Tank Mega Nerd

• Members *
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Music, computers, cooking, Portland Trailblazers, Maps Astronomy, and tons of other things that take my attention.

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Oct 2 2010, 07:16 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Oct 2 2010, 07:48 AM)

What I was really referring to was "le grand cru" wines. smile.gif

Pinot Noir is really hard to get right, that's why it so expensive. If he truly likes the red Burgandy, he should visit the Willamette Valley. Some of the best Pinot Noir in the country comes from there. Of course I happen to live there   biggrin.gif
But I'm not biased.

#37 ProfGumby

ProfGumby

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 974 posts
  • Interests:My children, Family, Health and Wellness, Music, playing my bass guitars (poorly), Mountain biking, fishing, hunting, most things outdoors. reading, self growth and self mastery, history. While in restaurants, randomly yelling, "Now what's that smell" in a Scottish accent...

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (MysticRhythm @ Apr 9 2005, 01:57 AM)
Wow, the last picture looks like he had a couple bottles on that day  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

I would too if I had that cellar! or Geddy's palate! I like my wine, but am no authority on them.....

#38 kelly leeks

kelly leeks

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

My girlfriend owns an Italian wine shop in Boston with some rare stuff. I may need to steal her letterhead and send him an invite.

She also bought us tickets to the NYC show in April.

#39 NobodysHeroine

NobodysHeroine

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1770 posts
  • Interests:Tolkien, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Supernatural, and more to come...

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Apr 9 2005, 05:51 PM)
Okay first....:
QUOTE (Geddy's Gal @ Apr 8 2005, 11:53 AM)
Geddy Lee leads me down a spiral staircase...

user posted image user posted image user posted image

My thoughts exactly, LakesideMaiden! tongue.gif

I am not a wine person, myself. Granted, it may be because I am still five years under the drinking age, but I don't have a taste for it. Sorry, Geddy, I'm just not feeling it. Maybe in several years, though. cool.gif

This gets me thinking about how incredible it would be to visit Geddy's home. He has a wine cellar, a baseball room, a recording studio... ohmy.gif

I have said it before and I'll say it again: Geddy Lee is the coolest dude I know. Just so epic. wub.gif

#40 2112Oracle

2112Oracle

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing, singing, meeting up with new people, hanging with my closest friends, laughing. Oh, and listening to Rush, of course. :P

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:13 PM

I know, I'm only 15, going on 16, but, I do enjoy wine sometimes. It's not so bad.

So, I guess, splitting a bottle of wine with Geddy and Alex, possibly Neil, won't be so bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users