Why I'm so into Counterparts

rickyrob

I can sing a lot of the songs!

There are so many sing-along songs on CP, and they are all excellent

Animate, CTTC, Alien Shore, Between Sun and Moon, Cold Fire

I can sing all of these as they are in the right key for me. I think in a lot of other 2.gif songs, Geddy just sings too high for me, and I can NEVER hit the notes, without sounding really geeky rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif !! Right now, I'm really into to Presto, but a couple of weeks ago, I was really into CP...Especially Cut to the Chase, Leave That Thing Alone, and Cold Fire!!

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Apr 7 2005, 09:51 PM)
rofl3.gif !! Right now, I'm really into to Presto, but a couple of weeks ago, I was really into CP...Especially Cut to the Chase, Leave That Thing Alone, and Cold Fire!!

laugh.gif

I've recently got the remaster of Presto, its so much better than the rather muted original (which I had only on vinyl)

QUOTE (fountain of lamnEthan @ Apr 7 2005, 04:55 PM)
i got into counterparts a while ago. My favorites are leave that thing alone! and cold fire. I dont sing along though smile.gif rofl3.gif

Leave That Thing ALone is a true masterpiece IMO. trink39.gif

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 7 2005, 03:59 PM)
CP is a great workout album! I get so pumped up listen to it!

It ROCKS

Agreed!! yes.gif

But there are many other great Rush workout tunes. I keep a mix for that. I can't just do CP.

As an album goes, I think CP is one of Rush's greatest ever. From start to finish there is not a bad moment on it, imo.

QUOTE (paganoman @ Apr 7 2005, 10:22 PM)
QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 7 2005, 03:59 PM)
CP is a great workout album! I get so pumped up listen to it!

It ROCKS

Agreed!! yes.gif

But there are many other great Rush workout tunes. I keep a mix for that. I can't just do CP.

As an album goes, I think CP is one of Rush's greatest ever. From start to finish there is not a bad moment on it, imo.

Counterparts and Grace under Pressure are my favorite workout albums.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Apr 8 2005, 07:39 AM)
I like the second half of RiR for working out. If One Little Victory doesn't get you going, your dead.!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Right on. Vapor Trails in general is huge for working out. Sooo many on that one.

Ya i totally agree. OLV is great for working out to. But i like the sound from CP over VP just because of the quality of the mix.

I always say that Counterparts is my "angry album". I listen to it whenever I am pissed off or in a bad mood -- it just releases so much frustration started with Animate and going through Stick it Out and Chase right after. By the time I reach Nobody's Hero, I've calmed down some and....when it gets time to the end of the album, Everyday Glory lifts my spirits and gets me all inspired and whatnot (like every Rush album in one way or another) and...I'm in an good mood again new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 8 2005, 11:58 AM)
I always say that Counterparts is my "angry album". I listen to it whenever I am pissed off or in a bad mood -- it just releases so much frustration started with Animate and going through Stick it Out and Chase right after. By the time I reach Nobody's Hero, I've calmed down some and....when it gets time to the end of the album, Everyday Glory lifts my spirits and gets me all inspired and whatnot (like every Rush album in one way or another) and...I'm in an good mood again new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

goodpost.gif

That's pretty cool trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

Oh hell, all Rush albums, and I mean ALL, are great. I always liked Counterparts, but I forgot about it. Then, at the Vapor Trails concert, they played Between the Sun and Moon and I thought that maybe I'd better give the CD another listen. That was quite awhile ago and I've listened to it a dozens of times since then.

Cold Fire - why do I get the impression that one is semi autobiographical?

QUOTE (slacker @ Apr 9 2005, 08:52 AM)
This is what i do with CP...I sit on the beach during the summer of course and i crank it as loud as i can and nobody can say sh*t... common001.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif boarder.gif icon_alienjig.gif

...edited for more relevant emoticons

Archived