SPOILERS- New Setlist - Updated Live

Xanadu93

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 09:54 AM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Jun 30 2010, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Jun 29 2010, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (gord0912 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:22 PM)
Well I don't know about traeplien but my first show was Hemispheres.

My first show was Permanent Waves at the Spectrum in Philly.. I recall them playing this tune called Jacobs Ladder. yes.gif

Then we're both old school. And I like this set list.

I'm glad you like it. Half a dozen goose bump songs for me and thats about it. Worst set list in Rush history, imo.

Go in with an open mind. You'll be suprised how well this setlist works! biggrin.gif

I can appreciate what you're saying. We'll see. Maybe by the time I see them (San Antonio in September) they will have added Jacobs Ladder or Farewell to Kings or something along those lines.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 02:03 AM)
Just got back from the show.  Wow.  Maybe the best show by them I've seen (this was number 10 for me).  The setlist seems wierd, but it really works.  The first half did not drag at all.  The films were hysterical.  The new songs kicked major ass.  The songs never played before also kicked ass.  Excellent light show.  They seemed to be having a lot of fun.  The crowd seemed to have a lot of fun.  Just wow.

Cool, thanks for that!

Some haters in this thread were desperately wanting to hear that the crowd hated the first set, and I'm glad they were proven wrong! common001.gif

Edited by PariahDog

After watching a few of the shitload of youtub clips already up, I think this setlist translates amazingly well. It looks a bit weak on paper, but the clips I've seen are amazing. Really getting jazzed for this show!

Peace,

Ron

Edited by Ron2112

Wow I did a lot of bitching and moaning last nite.Too many beers unsure.gif wacko.gif

Not crazy about the first set but I'm gonna make the best of it and have a great time at the show on July 21st.The stage looks great.The boys sound awesome,tight and enthused.I caught TCE on Youtube sounds amazing.

Sorry for all the negativity gang.

QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 30 2010, 01:56 PM)
Wow I did a lot of bitching and moaning last nite.Too many beers unsure.gif wacko.gif

Not crazy about the first set but I'm gonna make the best of it and have a great time at the show on July 21st.The stage looks great.The boys sound awesome,tight and enthused.I caught TCE on Youtube sounds amazing.

Damn what got in to you philly? LOL!!! I did a little whining myself but I think I'm having a change of heart. Sure no JL but I REALLY wanted to hear Presto, Marathon, Time Stand Still and Camera Eye also this tour and I'm getting them. A couple more I would really love the hear are Chemistry, Afterimage, Middletown Dreams, Time And Motion. I think this set will work well and it builds as it goes. Camera Eye will rule. I just wish they were playing Presto when it is dark out as to take advantage of the visuals. I always pictured a winter scene with Presto. Maybe because when I used to jam on Presto it was winter:) If I remember right that record was a Nov. release? I still love the Presto CD.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 30 2010, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE (oldphilly @ Jun 30 2010, 01:56 PM)
Wow I did a lot of bitching and moaning last nite.Too many beers unsure.gif  wacko.gif

Damn what got in to you philly? LOL!!! I did a little whining myself but I think I'm having a change of heart. Sure no JL but I REALLY wanted to hear Presto, Marathon, Time Stand Still and Camera Eye also this tour and I'm getting them. A couple more I would really love the hear are Chemistry, Afterimage, Middletown Dreams, Time And Motion. I think this set will work well and it builds as it goes. Camera Eye will rule. I just wish they were playing Presto when it is dark out as to take advantage of the visuals. I always pictured a winter scene with Presto. Maybe because when I used to jam on Presto it was winter:) If I remember right that record was a Nov. release? I still love the Presto CD.

My advice to anyone who's "not thrilled" with the setlist (to put it mildly): if you can go in with an open mind, you may find yourself enjoying it far more than you would have thought. I thought the setlist looked odd, but it all (especially the first set) flowed really well. They played with a very upbeat tempo, and nothing ended up dragging or being boring. Really, it's one of the most fun shows I've seen.

QUOTE (coolcool23 @ Jun 30 2010, 05:38 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 30 2010, 10:00 AM)
So no youtube clips yet of either caravan or bu2b?

BU2B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DJWOhGaoKc

I haven't seen Caravan yet. I'll bet it'll be there after a few more dates.

YouTube clips are in this thread : http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=57085

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Jun 30 2010, 04:52 PM)
I thought the set looked weird, so I tried an experiment.

Last night, while the show was going on, I did a playlist of the songs, following the setlist.

I thought the first set worked really well actually.

Yes, yes it did. biggrin.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 04:58 PM)

Last night, while the show was going on, I did a playlist of the songs, following the setlist.

Give me a few details about Neil's solo. Better than SnA tour solo? Still have a slow section like last time. Does he tear it up? Does Alex do a solo into CTTH? Does he still do the DRUM ALSO WALTZES thing with his feet. you know....bass drum.....tambourine......tambourine.......bass drum....tambourine......tambourine........smile.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 30 2010, 05:03 PM)

Give me a few details about Neil's solo. Better than SnA tour solo? Still have a slow section like last time. Does he tear it up? Does Alex do a solo into CTTH? Does he still do the DRUM ALSO WALTZES thing with his feet. you know....bass drum.....tambourine......tambourine.......bass drum....tambourine......tambourine........smile.gif

He always does that.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 30 2010, 05:03 PM)

I hate to say better or worse, but I enjoyed this one a little more. It seemed more energetic. I don't really remember a slow section. It was also less segmented, if that makes sense. He didn't really do this section and then this section and then this section, etc. The parts all flowed into each other. I definitely heard some drum also waltzes, but it was as other things were going on. Very well constructed, but not as stiff and formal as he's been in the past.

Hope that helps.