SPOILERS- New Setlist - Updated Live

Xanadu93

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since they brought out The Camera Eye this year, maybe they figured they'd wait for the next tour to play Jacob's Ladder. What else that's "big" do they have left to play (that Geddy can still sing). Maybe they want to save that one for next year. Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 29 2010, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jun 30 2010, 01:23 AM)
spoiler (opening video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1ZUdF9Q-3M

frickin HIlarious...

rofl3.gif

Neil as a religious Irish cop...he steals that whole video. laugh.gif

Totally. It's perfect..

laugh.gif

Thanks everyone for all for the updates. Despite all the complainers I am very excited about seeing them in August. The set list is okay with me. There are some great surprises: Time Stand Still, Presto, Marathon, Faithless and with MP and La Villa....I for one am happy with the list. It will be my 20th show...they could play Tai Shan, Carve Away The Stone or Rivendell and I would soak up the live RUSH experience all the same.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 30 2010, 12:23 AM)
QUOTE (Zanadoo @ Jun 30 2010, 12:19 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 29 2010, 11:18 PM)
You would think we would have seen a pic with lasers by now! Don't you think?

facepalm.gif

"You know, coming into this tour I had one simple request. And that was to have sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!"

rofl3.gif

Just got back from the show. Wow. Maybe the best show by them I've seen (this was number 10 for me). The setlist seems wierd, but it really works. The first half did not drag at all. The films were hysterical. The new songs kicked major ass. The songs never played before also kicked ass. Excellent light show. They seemed to be having a lot of fun. The crowd seemed to have a lot of fun. Just wow.

New to the forum. Hello!

I've been a Rush fan since the womb; in fact that was the first time I saw them live, Permanent Waves tour in mom's belly.

Since then I've seen the Vapor Trails tour and the S&A tour. To say the least I was too young to see them before they went on hiatus. I'm thrilled with the setlist, but like I said I've only seen them live twice. On that same note, I'm a tad disappointed that Earthshine didn't make the list. I'll love it all the same when I see them in August in Allentown. Row 7 baby!!!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 30 2010, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 30 2010, 01:38 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 30 2010, 01:30 AM)
I hate to bring this up but...

I still prefer my setlist...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...6319&hl=setlist

1287.gif

1022.gif

Your setlist is the second best I have seen on here.

I suppose yours is the best is it?

tongue.gif wink.gif

Yep. It's on here somewhere, in that thread where we were listing our dream setlist, but I can't find it now. It started with Bastille Day though, and included all of Hemispheres. It's not too different from yours at all---lots of old stuff!!!

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 30 2010, 02:18 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 30 2010, 01:48 AM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 30 2010, 01:38 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 30 2010, 01:30 AM)
I hate to bring this up but...

I still prefer my setlist...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...6319&hl=setlist

1287.gif

1022.gif

Your setlist is the second best I have seen on here.

I suppose yours is the best is it?

tongue.gif wink.gif

Yep. It's on here somewhere, in that thread where we were listing our dream setlist, but I can't find it now. It started with Bastille Day though, and included all of Hemispheres. It's not too different from yours at all---lots of old stuff!!!

Do a search, put "setlist" in the keyword slot and type in your name in the filter by member name slot...

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 29 2010, 10:40 PM)
Thanks for all the updates! Crap no lasers! What am I going to tell my year old daughter when shes asks:

" When are the lasers coming Daddy! When?"

just say "don't worry kid, just open your ears... you're at a RUSH CONCERT!"

I think it'll be more like "don't worry daddy... maybe they'll have laser's on the next tour..." lol

QUOTE (Snyder80 @ Jun 30 2010, 03:04 AM)
New to the forum. Hello!

I've been a Rush fan since the womb; in fact that was the first time I saw them live, Permanent Waves tour in mom's belly.

Since then I've seen the Vapor Trails tour and the S&A tour. To say the least I was too young to see them before they went on hiatus. I'm thrilled with the setlist, but like I said I've only seen them live twice. On that same note, I'm a tad disappointed that Earthshine didn't make the list. I'll love it all the same when I see them in August in Allentown. Row 7 baby!!!

Welcome! Enjoy your stay. trink39.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 30 2010, 04:56 AM)
Where was the drum solo?

Right after Caravan. Very cool solo. Very active. We all got a good laugh at Neil's expense when his drum stick caught on the underside of a upper tom and got knocked out of his hand. He didn't miss a beat, of course (well, not more than one or two).

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 30 2010, 01:03 AM)
Just got back from the show. Wow. Maybe the best show by them I've seen (this was number 10 for me). The setlist seems wierd, but it really works. The first half did not drag at all. The films were hysterical. The new songs kicked major ass. The songs never played before also kicked ass. Excellent light show. They seemed to be having a lot of fun. The crowd seemed to have a lot of fun. Just wow.

Thanks for the eyewitness account. My 15-year old son and I are going to see them tomorrow night in KC, and I'm stoked! I saw them for the first time since '82 in Houston in '07. Then I took my son to see them in Austin in '08. We're going to catch them in KC and STL on this tour (at least).

Sure, if I were in charge of deciding what they should play, I'd probably change a few songs (mainly in the first set). But I'm grateful just to be able to see them live. People, the future is uncertain. Appreciate the fact that they are out there touring NOW and we have the ability to enjoy them.

2.gif

QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Jun 29 2010, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (gord0912 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:22 PM)
Well I don't know about traeplien but my first show was Hemispheres.

My first show was Permanent Waves at the Spectrum in Philly.. I recall them playing this tune called Jacobs Ladder. yes.gif

Then we're both old school. And I like this set list.

I'm glad you like it. Half a dozen goose bump songs for me and thats about it. Worst set list in Rush history, imo.

QUOTE (traeplien @ Jun 30 2010, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (Ron2112 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:29 PM)
QUOTE (traeplien @ Jun 29 2010, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (gord0912 @ Jun 29 2010, 09:22 PM)
Well I don't know about traeplien but my first show was Hemispheres.

My first show was Permanent Waves at the Spectrum in Philly.. I recall them playing this tune called Jacobs Ladder. yes.gif

Then we're both old school. And I like this set list.

I'm glad you like it. Half a dozen goose bump songs for me and thats about it. Worst set list in Rush history, imo.

Go in with an open mind. You'll be suprised how well this setlist works! biggrin.gif