*Spoiler* Neil's Kit

Mara

oops.gif Can someone give me a towel? I need to change my undies doh.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ Jun 29 2010, 10:19 AM)
Looks the same size to me, just Neil is standing up. Once he is sitting at it, his eye-line will be about the same as the front crash cymbal.

Its looks small not just in this pic but the one of the stage too. There are less drums, its all lower than usual too. It looks like his smallest set since before 2112.

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 11:26 AM)
Looks the same size to me, just Neil is standing up. Once he is sitting at it, his eye-line will be about the same as the front crash cymbal.

Its looks small not just in this pic but the one of the stage too. There are less drums, its all lower than usual too. It looks like his smallest set since before 2112.

I think the drums themselves are smaller this time. The floor toms look quite a bit smaller.

QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 29 2010, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 29 2010, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 29 2010, 11:02 AM)
Wow...it's kind of gaudy...the color's nice though.

I wish he'd stop dressing to "match" his kits.

I like the shirt - wouldn't mind having one (even better, I wouldn't mind having THAT EXACT ONE biggrin.gif).

It's the beanie, though. Always the damn beanie. Or African cap. I don't care what they are, I just don't like them.

I would love that shirt too. I also wanted the S&A shirt he wore that just had the S&A logo on it, but could never find it.

I like the shirt...and who's in it... Nix the beanies and it'd all be good.

I just don't like him wearing the shirt while behind the kit...

I'm being picky.

That is a beautiful set. Classy and tight.

I don't see any difference in drum sizes.

Awesome!!! Thanks!!

Why does everyone think the kit is smaller??? It's the exact same setup as the 3 previous tours.

I love the Jules Verne themed riser and very cool to see those mysterious green tubes being part of the riser!! Can't wait to see it live!!!!!!!!

Neil looks fab in that pic, t-shirt drumkit & all!

2.gif

I also do not notice any difference in the size of the drums. But I do notice that the 2 roland pads above his right hand side floor toms appear to be absent. they might have just left them out for the picture though

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 29 2010, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (RushNut @ Jun 29 2010, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 29 2010, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 29 2010, 11:02 AM)
Wow...it's kind of gaudy...the color's nice though.

I wish he'd stop dressing to "match" his kits.

I like the shirt - wouldn't mind having one (even better, I wouldn't mind having THAT EXACT ONE biggrin.gif).

It's the beanie, though. Always the damn beanie. Or African cap. I don't care what they are, I just don't like them.

I would love that shirt too. I also wanted the S&A shirt he wore that just had the S&A logo on it, but could never find it.

I like the shirt...and who's in it... Nix the beanies and it'd all be good.

I just don't like him wearing the shirt while behind the kit...

I'm being picky.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 09:40 AM)
Looks very small. Finally getting rid of those huge drumsets.

Looks like the Colbert Report intervention helped Neil with his drum dependency! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 12:44 PM)
I guess im used to the hat. Its his shirts that are even worse. How many members in popular, well respected bands wear their own shirts? Its really silly.

just sayin', in the early years (in the documentary footage) I saw all three of them wearing the FBN owl shirt...

That. Is . Just. Friggin. AWESOME!

I love the color scheme and all the detail, much more than the S&A kit, which I thought was ugly.

Neil comes with a hat attached. Get used to it.

I see less electronic gear, but I could be wrong.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 29 2010, 01:19 PM)
Great looking kit!!!

Thanks for sharing this with all of us Mara!

~RGLT

You're welcome, but it wasn't me. The Sphere provided the picture to FOH Lights, who e-mailed it to me for posting. I only provided the image hosting.

Hoping we can now take FOH Lights and The Sphere at their words. I know we get BS posts here with BS "inside information" from time to time, but these two are the real deal.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 29 2010, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Jun 29 2010, 11:26 AM)

I think the drums themselves are smaller this time. The floor toms look quite a bit smaller.

Maybe the drums are the same size but Neil got bigger.

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 29 2010, 09:44 AM)
very nice! and he looks happy wink.gif

I thought the same thing. This must've been moments after he told Alex they weren't going to play Jacob's Ladder.

KIDDING!

No really though, this is one of his best ever sets! It f*ckin' rules!!