Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 28 2010, 03:51 PM)
anyone else excited for Faithless?!?!

Me ? Not one bit

except now I know where the bathroom break is.

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 28 2010, 03:51 PM)
anyone else excited for Faithless?!?!

Me ? Not one bit

except now I know where the bathroom break is.

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (TwoOneOneTwo @ Jun 28 2010, 03:59 PM)
You know, I don't give a damn what they play.  They rehearse diligently and come to the stage prepared, and they care about what they're doing.

Unlike a group like....Yes.

Be grateful Rush doesn't act like that ridiculous and embarrassing comedy of errors.  Yes is infamous for using their shows as dress rehearsals, and then they have the balls to charge exorbitant prices for their tickets---and Alan is pretty much always  drunk and Steve is pretty much always high as a kite.  If Yes played the entire Relayer, Tales, and CTTE albums at each show under those conditions, it wouldn't be worth a dime.  So count your blessings, Rush fans. 

Rush can play whatever the fcuk they want.  That's their choice.  I'm not paying for a ticket to tell them what should be in the goddamn setlist.  What I *do* expect for my money is for them to be sober on stage and to have rehearsed the material.  I mean, really rehearsed---not the occasional clam.  And they ante up: I've never seen them incapable of playing or making vast amount of errors all over the place.  That's called professionalism, and they have more of it than any rock group I've ever seen in thirty-eight years.

The one time I saw Yes was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Was that in 1976? laugh.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 02:49 PM)
This went from being possibly the best tour they've done in a LONG time to being the worst one they've done since Hold Your Fire.

Which specific songs make you feel that way?

It's more a lack of certain things. No JL, nothing from Hemispheres(there usually is), and a heavy concentration of stuff from the late 80's/early 90's. I would expect them to play the late 80's/early 90's stuff, but why so much of it and so little from the classic period? The order is a bit odd, too. These songs could have been better arranged (if this is indeed the actual order). Far Cry so low in the set is kinda anti-climactic don't ya think?

This is essentially 2 songs away from me thinking "Okay, this is fine." S&A was much better, with Circumstances, Bangkok, and Entre Nous in there. This tour doesn't have any real surprises like that. Just a bunch of stuff they normally play and a couple of newer songs that they haven't gotten around to playing very much.

I was NOT expecting All the World's a Stage II, but maybe a bone or two from the classic period. Freewill and Spirit hardly count because they always play them anyway. There is nothing pre-PW that is in any way surprising.

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 04:44 PM)
This went from being possibly the best tour they've done in a LONG time to being the worst one they've done since Hold Your Fire.

It's more a lack of certain things. No JL, nothing from Hemispheres(there usually is), and a heavy concentration of stuff from the late 80's/early 90's. I would expect them to play the late 80's/early 90's stuff, but why so much of it and so little from the classic period? The order is a bit odd, too. These songs could have been better arranged (if this is indeed the actual order). Far Cry so low in the set is kinda anti-climactic don't ya think?

This is essentially 2 songs away from me thinking "Okay, this is fine." S&A was much better, with Circumstances, Bangkok, and Entre Nous in there. This tour doesn't have any real surprises like that. Just a bunch of stuff they normally play and a couple of newer songs that they haven't gotten around to playing very much.

I was NOT expecting All the World's a Stage II, but maybe a bone or two from the classic period. Freewill and Spirit hardly count because they always play them anyway. There is nothing pre-PW that is in any way surprising.

La Villa Strangiato is off of Hemispheres!

QUOTE (coolphantom190 @ Jun 28 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 04:44 PM)

La Villa Strangiato is off of Hemispheres!

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Doh! Sorry, I missed that.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:53 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:45 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 01:19 PM)
this is NOT the final setlist, everyone chill the f--k out lol

do you know this to be a fact?

well no, but I have a feeling. "somebody" happened to wander into rehearsal and hear the entire setlist? If if that were true, what they played in rehearsal isn't likely to be the entire setlist in the proper order.

Wasn't the issue that someone "snuck in" and read the setlist off a piece of paper? I don't think it was a matter of listening to them play, but that's just what I remember reading off of RIAB and also towards the beginning of this thread.

Uh, I don't think anyone is "sneaking in" to the rehearsal.

I'm pretty sure fans go out to the venue where they're playing (NM) and listen from the parking lot (or as close as they can get).

So can we all agree that set two and the encore are pretty excellent?

The main gripe seems to be with:

Presto

Stick It Out

Leave That Thing Alone

Workin' Them Angels

Faithless

Edited by PariahDog

I agree.The first set is just awful.I may sell my ticket...ugh.Seriously dissapointed.I pray this setlist is totally wrong.

Edited by oldphilly

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:42 PM)
11 songs I've never seen then play before, a few of which (Presto, Time Stands Still, Marathon) are among my very favorites.

I would say I'm surprised by the reaction on here, except I'm not.

Ditto.

Gotta say that I am finding the tears people are shedding here to be pretty hilarious. Am I bummed JL isn't on that list? Of course. But I look forward to this set-list (IF it is indeed the setlist).

I've only lurked here for a few months, but it's pretty obvious there's a handful of people who just won't be happy, no matter what Rush plays - and there's a handful who won't be happy if they play anything beyond 1981. Newsflash to you folks - Rush's catalog goes WELL BEYOND 1981 - whether you like it or not.

Me, I am just GRATEFUL that this band is 1) Still together, 2) Still putting together new material, and 3) Still touring. I know one day, sooner rather than later, the guys will be done - and all this discussion and crying about set-lists will be a thing of the past.

In the end - only YOU control your wallet. Either buy a ticket and go to the show - or don't!

2.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 04:59 PM)
So can we all agree that set two and the encore are pretty excellent?

The main gripe seems to be with:
Presto
Stick It Out
Leave That Thing Alone
Workin' Them Angels
Faithless

You've nailed my gripes, down to a tee! (for me personally, anyway)

Actually, I've had a change of attitude when I keep reading the setlist over and over again. The more I read it, the more I'm getting used to it and conforming to it. From the get-go, I loved the encore, was "meh' with the second set, and just was just downright disappointed with the first set.

Now, I'm loving the entire second half, and like at least 70% of the first set. The only exceptions are the S&A songs and Presto, which I REALLY don't care to hear

But alas, I have learned to like and accept the setlist as a whole smile.gif 1022.gif

Edited by Hemispheres89

I actually don't like the encore....seems like they just played Working Man in the encore recently.....and I'm all La Villa'd out. I think they have played both these songs on 11 different tours or something. Even In The Mood would be better than Working Man IMO.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:24 PM)
I actually don't like the encore....seems like they just played Working Man in the encore recently.....and I'm all La Villa'd out. I think they have played both these songs on 11 different tours or something. Even In The Mood would be better than Working Man IMO.

In The Mood would have been nice over Working Man, in my opinion as well.

But I'm dying to hear La Villa, because this is only my second Rush concert after S & A, so I have yet to hear it, and I'm dying for them to play it.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:30 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Jun 28 2010, 05:24 PM)

In The Mood would have been nice over Working Man, in my opinion as well.

But I'm dying to hear La Villa, because this is only my second Rush concert after S & A, so I have yet to hear it, and I'm dying for them to play it.

This is my second show too after S&A, so I'm totally stoked about La Villa.

If they had a stop in my homestate I would attend. As it stands I don't think I will be making that trip down to ATL.

So Presto is the most rare song they are going to break out? Ouch. Seems they could of tried a little harder.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 28 2010, 05:39 PM)
If they had a stop in my homestate I would attend. As it stands I don't think I will be making that trip down to ATL.

So Presto is the most rare song they are going to break out? Ouch. Seems they could of tried a little harder.

My thoughts exactly

I just don't see this being the setlist. Presto is a great song but kind of a snoozer song and I don't think it will have the 'jam effect' live. I know some people like Faithless but that is probably the best beer break song listed. Stick it out? That's the best vocal song they could pull off of Counterparts? Malnar was imho the best song from Snakes and can't believe they couldn't squeeze that song in, seeing as though it is very short and just blew me away when I heard it live. Too many weird song choices/deletions for me to believe that this is the actual setlist. All that being said, my ticket is staying in my wallet, and isn't going on ebay 1022.gif