Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 03:15 PM)

The only potential I see for a lull is having WTA and Faithless back-to-back.

Yes, this is the only part of the Set List I'm a little blah on....but I'm not a huge fan of Snakes and Arrows, and knew it would have representation so no worries..

The rest of it is really cool to see though..Presto, Marathon, Leave that Thing Alone from the "vault"...La Villa, Working Man, all of MP, and CTTH, Freewill, Spirit of Radio for the casual fans.

I think it's a great mix!

Trying not to let all the usual buzzkillers bug me. I just keep telling myself that no matter the setlist, you're gonna have a group whine, just the way it is with the Internet

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jun 28 2010, 12:15 PM)
QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 28 2010, 02:57 PM)
But the first set is so incredibly boring! I guarantee you people will be zoning out like nothing at the show. Especially the casual fans.

I dunno, I think this first set has more "hits" and uptempo songs than the S&A first set:

S&A 2007:

Limelight

Digital Man

Entre Nous

Mission

Freewill

The Main Monkey Business

The Larger Bowl

Secret Touch

Circumstances

Between The Wheels

Dreamline

TM:

The Spirit of Radio

Time Stand Still

Presto

Stick It Out

Leave That Thing Alone

Workin' Them Angels

Faithless

BU2B

Freewill

Marathon

Subdivisions

The only potential I see for a lull is having WTA and Faithless back-to-back.

The first set of S&A had a much better flow. I think this will be fine though. I really like the set list.

QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 28 2010, 02:53 PM)
the time machine is malfunctioning!!!! tongue.gif

heh, yeah...the time machine is apparently only capable of FOUR stops prior to 1980, and ALL of these have been played on the last 2 or 3 tours:

Closer To The Heart

La Villa

Working Man

Me thinks they might have set the bar for expectations a bit high naming

the tour "The Time Machine"...?

eh.gif

I hope this is wrong. Or they at least forgot to write down Jacobs Ladder or something. The rest of the songs I'm thrilled about, but Jacob's Ladder was the song I've been dreaming of since 2007 sad.gif

If people are so upset at this set list, you can certainly send me your tickets instead of tearing them up wink.gif

The one constant that keeps me interested in Rush through the years is their willingness to change...even if it's not the most popular change at the moment. So if they throw a few curveballs with the set list, I'd say go for it and I'll still enjoy the concert.

If you want to be sticks-in-the-mud about setlists, then go see a Ted Nugent concert. His schtick hasn't changed in 30 years.

QUOTE (growingbald @ Jun 28 2010, 03:30 PM)
If people are so upset at this set list, you can certainly send me your tickets instead of tearing them up wink.gif

The one constant that keeps me interested in Rush through the years is their willingness to change...even if it's not the most popular change at the moment. So if they throw a few curveballs with the set list, I'd say go for it and I'll still enjoy the concert.

If you want to be sticks-in-the-mud about setlists, then go see a Ted Nugent concert. His schtick hasn't changed in 30 years.

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

Sums up my thoughts EXACTLY

QUOTE (sdaly @ Jun 28 2010, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (tangy @ Jun 28 2010, 02:53 PM)
the time machine is malfunctioning!!!!  tongue.gif

ALL of these have been played on the last 2 or 3 tours:

Closer To The Heart

Umm...

Me thinks they might have set the bar for expectations a bit high naming
the tour "The Time Machine"...?

eh.gif

No, that was you.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 01:19 PM)
this is NOT the final setlist, everyone chill the f--k out lol

do you know this to be a fact?

well no, but I have a feeling. "somebody" happened to wander into rehearsal and hear the entire setlist? If if that were true, what they played in rehearsal isn't likely to be the entire setlist in the proper order.

It's okay. Kind of odd placement of stuff in the first set. Seems like it's gonna drag from 3-7. Stick it Out is one of the few Rush songs I flat out dislike. No JL is a bummer, if it's true. I was amped up for it.

Marathon is pretty f***ing sweet though.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:45 PM)

well no, but I have a feeling. "somebody" happened to wander into rehearsal and hear the entire setlist? If if that were true, what they played in rehearsal isn't likely to be the entire setlist in the proper order.

Wasn't the issue that someone "snuck in" and read the setlist off a piece of paper? I don't think it was a matter of listening to them play, but that's just what I remember reading off of RIAB and also towards the beginning of this thread.

OLV didn't make it. No Vapor Trails song. hm....eh. And Jacob's obviously. whatever at least we get Camera Eye.

Just rename it the Moving Pictures tour.

And the Main Monkey Business is gone. trink39.gif

Edited by quickfree

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jun 28 2010, 03:51 PM)
anyone else excited for Faithless?!?!

Me ? Not one bit

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 12:45 PM)

Yeah, because why would they run through the entire set list in order the day before the first date of the tour, right? They must still be picking and choosing songs right now.

Pretty sure this will be it tomorrow night. Still hoping for Jacobs Ladder but people might as well accept this. I'm not complaining

Presto

Marathon

Closer to the Heart

La Villa

Working Man

Leave that thing alone

Faithless

Oh yeah, and Moving Pictures in its entirety. I'm happy.

Edited by theworkingman

You know, I don't give a damn what they play. They rehearse diligently and come to the stage prepared, and they care about what they're doing.

Unlike a group like....Yes.

Be grateful Rush doesn't act like that ridiculous and embarrassing comedy of errors. Yes is infamous for using their shows as dress rehearsals, and then they have the balls to charge exorbitant prices for their tickets---and Alan is pretty much always drunk and Steve is pretty much always high as a kite. If Yes played the entire Relayer, Tales, and CTTE albums at each show under those conditions, it wouldn't be worth a dime. So count your blessings, Rush fans.

Rush can play whatever the fcuk they want. That's their choice. I'm not paying for a ticket to tell them what should be in the goddamn setlist. What I *do* expect for my money is for them to be sober on stage and to have rehearsed the material. I mean, really rehearsed---not the occasional clam. And they ante up: I've never seen them incapable of playing or making vast amount of errors all over the place. That's called professionalism, and they have more of it than any rock group I've ever seen in thirty-eight years.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 01:57 PM)

Me ? Not one bit

except now I know where the bathroom break is.

I am. Faithless and Presto. Presto very, very much so. I'm down with the whole set. What I want really isn't important. I could put together a list of what I want and some...or most...would hate it.

When I get a set...I'll put it on a playlist and play it out to see what it all sounds like (I'm listening right now as a matter of fact). I think this will be great. It works.

I've been looking forward to this since the last show of the Snakes n' Arrows Tour...literally. I have been looking forward to this that long. I'm optimistic based on this set.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Jun 28 2010, 03:59 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 28 2010, 01:57 PM)

Me ? Not one bit

except now I know where the bathroom break is.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (TwoOneOneTwo @ Jun 28 2010, 03:59 PM)
You know, I don't give a damn what they play. They rehearse diligently and come to the stage prepared, and they care about what they're doing.

Unlike a group like....Yes.

Be grateful Rush doesn't act like that ridiculous and embarrassing comedy of errors. Yes is infamous for using their shows as dress rehearsals, and then they have the balls to charge exorbitant prices for their tickets---and Alan is pretty much always drunk and Steve is pretty much always high as a kite. If Yes played the entire Relayer, Tales, and CTTE albums at each show under those conditions, it wouldn't be worth a dime. So count your blessings, Rush fans.

Rush can play whatever the fcuk they want. That's their choice. I'm not paying for a ticket to tell them what should be in the goddamn setlist. What I *do* expect for my money is for them to be sober on stage and to have rehearsed the material. I mean, really rehearsed---not the occasional clam. And they ante up: I've never seen them incapable of playing or making vast amount of errors all over the place. That's called professionalism, and they have more of it than any rock group I've ever seen in thirty-eight years.

The one time I saw Yes was one of the best shows I've ever seen.