Rehearsal Setlist according to RIAB

Sfam2112

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 28 2010, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 28 2010, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Funky Chicken @ Jun 28 2010, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jun 28 2010, 02:17 PM)
Presto?! Really?! Wow what an upset that is...

Very pleased to see Leave that thing Alone make a comeback. Definitely one of my all-time favorites!

Totally disagree.

Presto is among the nicest surprises on that list.

Disappointed to not see JL.

It's also possible that songs may alternate nights like Ceiling Unlimited and Ghost Rider did in 2002.

What exactly are you disagreeing with? All I said was that it was an "upset"...in other words shocking to see it on there. Totally obscure...I actually love the song too.

I think it's a great setlist...I know most of you guys always want majority of a setlist to be Signals and earlier stuff, but that's just not Rush....and they're breaking out some stuff we haven't heard live before or in a long time. I like that...though I am disappointed with no J/L, who cares?!? It's freaking Rush and it's all good!

And dont forget the hard cores are still getting their # 1 wish of Camera Eye. (How easily we forget)

It's just that the first set is INCREDIBLY boring. After Time Stand Still, I'll be sitting on my ass half asleep waiting for BU2B to begin.

dude- don't even bother to go...

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 02:49 PM)
This went from being possibly the best tour they've done in a LONG time to being the worst one they've done since Hold Your Fire.

Which specific songs make you feel that way?

QUOTE (amish_ashaman @ Jun 28 2010, 11:49 AM)
This went from being possibly the best tour they've done in a LONG time to being the worst one they've done since Hold Your Fire.

LOL Yeah. Since opening night hasn't even happened yet. Worst tour ever.

You guys are ridiculous. If they hadn't announced that they would be playing MP in it's entirety and this set list came up you would all be wetting yourselves right now.

I think it's pretty disappointing.

If you fellas are anything like me, you were immensely excited for Jacob's Ladder. What teases those Rush guys are. But I still find myself hoping RIAB's "sources" were in error.

I guess I have to be happy about La Villa Strangiato/Working Man-two of my wish list songs (yeah, yeah, I know, but I've only seen Rush once. Give me a break).

Right now, Beer breaks -4

I think it's an interesting set. I'm puzzled by a few of the choices, and thrilled by a few others.

I'm still a bit skeptical though. I don't see Presto coming that soon in the set, nor Leave That Thing Alone. I also see Caravan having a bit more of a prominent position near the beginning. Maybe it's fake, or just alternate songs that will be A/B songs

QUOTE (Joshua @ Jun 28 2010, 02:55 PM)
Time Stand Still, Presto, Marathon, La Villa, The Camera Eye!

.....and still fans bitch and whine. laugh.gif

You don't understand a setlist, do you? Sure, those songs are great, and if they were scattered, possibly pants-wetting. But the first set is so incredibly boring! I guarantee you people will be zoning out like nothing at the show. Especially the casual fans.

QUOTE (OxalisWombo @ Jun 28 2010, 02:51 PM)
If you fellas are anything like me, you were immensely excited for Jacob's Ladder.  What teases those Rush guys are. 

Is this why everyone's dissapointed, no JL?

Was LVS even on the radar?

I would much rather have LVS than JL. JL is a great album track, but I have to wonder how well it would work live.

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 28 2010, 02:57 PM)

.....and still fans bitch and whine.  laugh.gif

You don't understand a setlist, do you? Sure, those songs are great, and if they were scattered, possibly pants-wetting. But the first set is so incredibly boring! I guarantee you people will be zoning out like nothing at the show. Especially the casual fans.

yeah let's make a setlist for the casual fans......

.....and still fans bitch and whine.  laugh.gif

Nah, I understand setlists. I also understand Rush fans. Hence my laughing emoticon. I remain amused.

That said, it's not a list I would have crafted. But I'm not Rush in rehearsals so... *shrugs*

But the first set is so incredibly boring! I guarantee you people will be zoning out like nothing at the show. Especially the casual fans.

I dunno, I think this first set has more "hits" and uptempo songs than the S&A first set:

S&A 2007:

Limelight

Digital Man

Entre Nous

Mission

Freewill

The Main Monkey Business

The Larger Bowl

Secret Touch

Circumstances

Between The Wheels

Dreamline

TM:

The Spirit of Radio

Time Stand Still

Presto

Stick It Out

Leave That Thing Alone

Workin' Them Angels

Faithless

BU2B

Freewill

Marathon

Subdivisions

The only potential I see for a lull is having WTA and Faithless back-to-back.

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 28 2010, 01:19 PM)
this is NOT the final setlist, everyone chill the f--k out lol

do you know this to be a fact?