Favorite Classic '80s Arcade Game?

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

What's your Favorite Classic '80s Arcade Game?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite Classic '80s Arcade Game?

• Arkanoid
    • Asteroids
    • Berzerk
    • Centipede
    • Defender
    • Dig Dug
    • Donkey Kong
    • Double Dragon
    • Frogger
    • Galaga
    • Galaxian
    • Gauntlet
    • Joust
    • Mario Bros.
    • Millipede
    • Missle Command
    • Mortal Kombat
    • Ms. Pac Man
    • Night Driver
    • Pac Man
    • Phoenix
    • Pole Position
    • Punch Out!
    • Q-Bert
    • Qix
    • Robotron: 2084
    • Sinistar
    • Space Invaders
    • Spy Hunter
    • Stargate
    • Star Wars
    • Tempest
    • Tetris
    • Tron
    • Xevious
    • Zero Wing
    • Zaxxon
    • Sports game (specify)
    • Other (specify)

I'll never forget hearing 'welcome to the fantasy zone, get ready!' being blasted out from the arcade - all the way over to the beach. Back in around 85/86. What a game that was! Such a huuge leap in graphics. Kids don't know they're born :codger: :D
  • Like 1

Been watching a lot of clips of video games from certain years on Youtube and one game I remember playing when I was a kid whose name escaped me until yesterday popped up. I got into this when I was about 8 and visited my dad on the weekends while he was dating someone for a few years. His ex's daughter had this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CX4-iGuC4E

720 was another one I enjoyed that I had forgotten. It's basically Paperboy but with skateboarding and minus the delivery.

I guess my overall favorite was probably Zaxxon...the isometric flying game seemed so impressive at the time vs. 2-dimensional games. I remember I had a so-so 16K version of Zaxxon for my Atari 400 (it lacked the launching missiles that were in my friend's 48K version on his dad's Atari 800). Would be kind of cool if somebody did a modern version of Zaxxon with more modern/fluid graphics and a wider variety of facilities/terrain that you fly through so it takes longer to learn all of it.

At home I mostly played PacMan (the version for Atari's 8-bit computers was quite good for the time), Centipede, Star Raiders and Jumpman Junior.

A few weeks ago I started having a little bit of renewed interest in classic arcade games and found several remakes for Windows. Picked up one of those Mayflash F500 Elite controllers, but it almost feels like there's a very small bit of latency going on and a failure to always register 4-way moves accurately for a game like PacMan, even with the 4-way restrictor thingie in place. If anything, I think it's almost easier to play games like Donkey Kong and Miner 2049er with the keyboard keys than the joystick. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the responsiveness when I tried to hook the joystick up to our Xbox One either.

• Like 1

I guess my overall favorite was probably Zaxxon...the isometric flying game seemed so impressive at the time vs. 2-dimensional games. I remember I had a so-so 16K version of Zaxxon for my Atari 400 (it lacked the launching missiles that were in my friend's 48K version on his dad's Atari 800). Would be kind of cool if somebody did a modern version of Zaxxon with more modern/fluid graphics and a wider variety of facilities/terrain that you fly through so it takes longer to learn all of it.

At home I mostly played PacMan (the version for Atari's 8-bit computers was quite good for the time), Centipede, Star Raiders and Jumpman Junior.

A few weeks ago I started having a little bit of renewed interest in classic arcade games and found several remakes for Windows. Picked up one of those Mayflash F500 Elite controllers, but it almost feels like there's a very small bit of latency going on and a failure to always register 4-way moves accurately for a game like PacMan, even with the 4-way restrictor thingie in place. If anything, I think it's almost easier to play games like Donkey Kong and Miner 2049er with the keyboard keys than the joystick. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the responsiveness when I tried to hook the joystick up to our Xbox One either.

Zaxxon was awesome. That's the same game Tommy Jarvis plays in the 4th Friday The 13th early on in the movie.

• Like 1

Breakout

Space Invaders

Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man

Galaga

I just went on youtube a took a trip down memory lane with the arcade games! When I was younger, I would sit for hours playing them or would go to an arcade. :)

• Like 1

Breakout

Space Invaders

Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man

Galaga

I just went on youtube a took a trip down memory lane with the arcade games! When I was younger, I would sit for hours playing them or would go to an arcade. :)

Been doing that lately with game I have completely forgotten about or those I remember but their names have escaped me until now.

• Like 1