Any younger Rush fans?

Mustard Death

I am also 16! I didnt realize there were so many younger 2.gif fans here tongue.gif

You try finding someone who can appreciate progressive rock with out saying "change the song will you? Its gone on for far too long..." here in rural England. Its becoming increasingly difficult.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey...Welcome to the forum!! trink39.gif

I'm 16 and I've been playing drums and listening to Rush for as long as I can remeber!! At least 14 years!! With no joking...I have a video of me watching ASOH, singing to 2112!!!! And me just messing around on the drums to La Villa!!!!!!!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 6 2005, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (esmeralda @ Apr 6 2005, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Apr 6 2005, 10:40 PM)
I'm 41 now but I became a fan at 18. Of course The Boys are only about ten years older than me so... But it's great to see that some of our young people actually have some musical sense. There may be hope for the future after all.  smile.gif

So true GG! yes.gif

Just to clarify...I'm not 41. Being a woman, I tend to cling to every year before giving it up, kicking and screaming...

No offense, Ghost of a Rider, but when I saw "GG" and "41" in the same post, I had to respond...

That being said...I was 14 once...almost 19 years ago. cool.gif

No skin off my teeth. I understand how women are about their age. Personally, I don't understand why but it doesn't matter, one day you will be 41. And you'll still be a Rush fan anyway so that's not so bad. Listening to Rush is great for smoothing out those pesky age wrinkles. Better than Oil of Olay. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Apr 7 2005, 06:19 PM)
one day you will be 41. And you'll still be a Rush fan anyway so that's not so bad. Listening to Rush is great for smoothing out those pesky age wrinkles. Better than Oil of Olay. tongue.gif

Fair enough smile.gif

Hello, all, I'm new here but I've been a fan for about 6 years (so far). I'm 11 years old and have been a fan since I was about 5 years old (seriously). The very first Rush song I heard was Xanadu. Not too shabby, huh? Anyway, nice to be in the neighborhood! 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I'm 41 now but I became a fan at 18. Of course The Boys are only about ten years older than me so... But it's great to see that some of our young people actually have some musical sense. There may be hope for the future after all.  smile.gif

I must say... Most people my age im around a lot have horrible taste in "music"... Why does everybody think that some guy at a turntable and his "homie" talking fast is music?! Makes my music taste buds hurt...

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome!

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 8 2005, 12:05 PM)
Makes my music taste buds hurt...

I love that phrase...

Wow...out of the mouths of babes...

cool.gif

Welcome, all you young whippersnappers. Watch out for us old fogies, esp. if we haven't had our pills...

biggrin.gif

EDIT: to say..."And another thing...when WE were young, we didn't HAVE this inter-thingy...and...ermm...well...I fergit...."

old.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 8 2005, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 8 2005, 12:05 PM)
Makes my music taste buds hurt...

I love that phrase...

Wow...out of the mouths of babes...

cool.gif

Welcome, all you young whippersnappers. Watch out for us old fogies, esp. if we haven't had our pills...

biggrin.gif

EDIT: to say..."And another thing...when WE were young, we didn't HAVE this inter-thingy...and...ermm...well...I fergit...."

old.gif

Sh!t...I fergot to take my pill!!! dammit...

Carry on....

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Apr 8 2005, 01:28 PM)
I've fallen and I can't get up!!!! old.gif

ya thats me in the morning old.gif

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 8 2005, 11:05 AM)

I must say... Most people my age im around a lot have horrible taste in "music"... Why does everybody think that some guy at a turntable and his "homie" talking fast is music?! Makes my music taste buds hurt...

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome!

No kidding. I never understood why these punks are regarded as being talented. Hell. I can do the crap they do. At first I thought "Maybe it's just because you're older and it's a different generation, (which is true), and you don't understand it". But upon reflection I'm convinced that most of them are no-talent brainless thugs. Oh well, the smart ones like us have Rush and that's all that matters. 2.gif

HEY fellow Rush fans of my generation....im 20 and i became a fan about 4 or 5 years ago. it is encouraging to see other fans my age out there, because they dont exist around here, seemingly anyway!! i think that Rush fans of our generation should all relate heavily the the lyrics of Subdivisions because the message is toward us if you think about it, i often pretend the the lyric is speaking directly to me:

......the restless dreams of YOU!!!! biggrin.gif

Glad to have found this forum!

It is wonderful to see teenagers getting into the band's music, a far cry from from most of the crap they listen to these days. Goes to show you that quality musicianship is universal for old and young, alike.

I started listening to Rush in 1980 as a 17-year-old when "Permanent Waves" was released; I soon had all their previous LP's (the good old days) and was hooked. Although that was 25 years ago, I always eagerly await any new Rush recordings. I'm totally amazed these guys are still going gangbusters after all these years and still want to produce when many rock bands their age have either stopped playing or are old geezers and sound like it..........Not Rush!

Keep up the good work, my young friends.

Glad to have found this forum!

It is wonderful to see teenagers getting into the band's music, a far cry from from most of the crap they listen to these days. Goes to show you that quality musicianship is universal for old and young, alike.

I started listening to Rush in 1980

Very well said! Welcome bekloppt.gif

Archived