• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 My_Shrimp_Cot

My_Shrimp_Cot

The Beaker

• Members *
  • 1572 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 8 2005, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 8 2005, 12:05 PM)
Makes my music taste buds hurt...

I love that phrase...

Wow...out of the mouths of babes...

cool.gif

Welcome, all you young whippersnappers.  Watch out for us old fogies, esp. if we haven't had our pills...

biggrin.gif

EDIT: to say..."And another thing...when WE were young, we didn't HAVE this inter-thingy...and...ermm...well...I fergit...."

old.gif

Sh!t...I fergot to take my pill!!! dammit...

Carry on....

Sponsored Post

#42 Pratt Boy

Pratt Boy

The Seeker

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

I've fallen and I can't get up!!!! old.gif  

#43 defrushfan01

defrushfan01

Making Modern Music

• Members *
  • 2735 posts
  • Interests:Music, Music, Music, Music.... Listing to music, playing music, recording music. Music plays a big part in my day to day life, if theres no music, life is dull.

Posted 08 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Pratt Boy @ Apr 8 2005, 01:28 PM)
I've fallen and I can't get up!!!! old.gif

ya thats me in the morning old.gif  

#44 Ghost of a Rider

Ghost of a Rider

Here today, gone tomorrow

• Members *
  • 6721 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling, reading, music, (obviously), PC games, bowling, and of course, Rush forums.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Apr 8 2005, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (Ghost of a Rider @ Apr 6 2005, 10:40 PM)
I'm 41 now but I became a fan at 18. Of course The Boys are only about ten years older than me so... But it's great to see that some of our young people actually have some musical sense. There may be hope for the future after all.   smile.gif

I must say... Most people my age im around a lot have horrible taste in "music"... Why does everybody think that some guy at a turntable and his "homie" talking fast is music?! Makes my music taste buds hurt...

Anyways, thanks for the warm welcome!

No kidding. I never understood why these punks are regarded as being talented. Hell. I can do the crap they do. At first I thought "Maybe it's just because you're older and it's a different generation, (which is true), and you don't understand it". But upon reflection I'm convinced that most of them are no-talent brainless thugs. Oh well, the smart ones like us have Rush and that's all that matters.  2.gif  

#45 thetrees

thetrees

The Seeker

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:rush, music in general, sports, fitness, females, philosophy, art, literature, movies, chess

Posted 10 April 2005 - 11:11 PM

HEY fellow Rush fans of my generation....im 20 and i became a fan about 4 or 5 years ago. it is encouraging to see other fans my age out there, because they dont exist around here, seemingly anyway!! i think that Rush fans of our generation should all relate heavily the the lyrics of Subdivisions because the message is toward us if you think about it, i often pretend the the lyric is speaking directly to me:

......the restless dreams of YOU!!!!     biggrin.gif  

#46 rushfan4life

rushfan4life

The Seeker

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:03 PM

Yes I am also 14 years old.  I attended my first RUsh concert this past summer.  I currently own 19 of Rush's cd's.  I am a rush fantic.  I listen to rush everyday on the way to and from school on the bus to school.  And might I add  2.gif ROCKS!!!!!

#47 cla2112

cla2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sex, Rush

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

:rush:Welcome, geddy05! It's always great to hear from a young fan! 2.gif  

#48 rushstarboy37

rushstarboy37

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:41 PM

I'm 15 and have been a rush fan for several years

#49 Superbaldguy

Superbaldguy

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:27 AM

Glad to have found this forum!

It is wonderful to see teenagers getting into the band's music, a far cry from from most of the crap they listen to these days. Goes to show you that quality musicianship is universal for old and young, alike.

I started listening to Rush in 1980 as a 17-year-old when "Permanent Waves" was released; I soon had all their previous LP's (the good old days) and was hooked. Although that was 25 years ago, I always eagerly await any new Rush recordings. I'm totally amazed these guys are still going gangbusters after all these years and still want to produce when many rock bands their age have either stopped playing or are old geezers and sound like it..........Not Rush!

Keep up the good work, my young friends.

#50 Slacker

Slacker

The Paradise of Milk

• Members *
  • 10649 posts
  • Interests:Throwing things.

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:21 AM

[QUOTE=Superbaldguy,Apr 13 2005, 04:27 AM]Glad to have found this forum!

It is wonderful to see teenagers getting into the band's music, a far cry from from most of the crap they listen to these days. Goes to show you that quality musicianship is universal for old and young, alike.

I started listening to Rush in 1980        

Very well said!          Welcome   bekloppt.gif

Edited by slacker, 13 April 2005 - 05:24 AM.

#51 invisibleairwaves

invisibleairwaves

Tim Horton

• Members *
  • 17352 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:58 PM

ranton.gif

rap= 062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  bd.gif

rantoff.gif  

#52 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

I'm glad someone is using the rant buttons.

#53 Schro

Schro

The Playwright

• Members *
  • 510 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:26 AM

Hi, I'm 15.  And I LOVE Rush!!

laugh.gif

Wheeeeeeeeee - this is fun!

#54 ZYRANNIX

ZYRANNIX

The Seeker

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:26 AM

old.gif I'm this many!!!  Seriously tho folks, its good to know there's another generation of Rush fans out there, I started listening in '77 just before my 14th birthday, A Farewell to Kings being my first Rush experience and I've been hooked ever since.  2.gif  trink39.gif  

#55 cla2112

cla2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sex, Rush

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (ZYRANNIX @ Apr 14 2005, 11:26 AM)
old.gif I'm this many!!!  Seriously tho folks, its good to know there's another generation of Rush fans out there, I started listening in '77 just before my 14th birthday, A Farewell to Kings being my first Rush experience and I've been hooked ever since.  2.gif  trink39.gif

"Kings" was my first impression of Rush, too, and WHAT an impression! Hemispheres was my first Rush show. Unbelieveable! I think it's great that there are people of any age, (especially younger ones) that get into Rush.  cool.gif  

#56 DoubleAgent420

DoubleAgent420

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Interests:Yeah dudes! Uhm well RUSH obviously, music yeah music! I write and record my own music, it's fun I dig it! I also enjoy longboards, I love surfing and I'm kind of in that whole crowd. Muscle cars, girls, having fun...... yeah I'm a fun guy!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

I honestly wish more kids my age (and really even younger) would discover Rush, not only because they're the greatest band ever. I feel that if they did, they might learn something from Neil's lyrics. I honestly feel that people are deeply influenced by the lyrics they listen to, and a lot of youth today are so incredibly hopeless and helpless. Rush lyrics would be very healthy for a younger generation to take into their hearts.

Might I also add: If I had never discovered Rush, then I would be a very different person, because the lyrics have taught me some very valuable life lessons that I live my life by.

#57 Spike

Spike

I am NOT a dude. I am a chick.

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Acadia National Park, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking

Posted 14 April 2005 - 10:16 PM

I was 16 when I disovered Rush - but that was, oh, about 17 years ago.  My how time flies when you're listening to GREAT music!!   laugh.gif

My neighbor's kids (12 + 18) are both big Rush fans.  Boy, were they pissed when their mom and I went to the concert without them!!  They were even more pissed when their mom and I drove 11 hours up to Toronto to see Rush again!!!!!

(Needless to say, if/when there is another tour, we've got to take her boys with us.  laugh.gif   )

#58 Steel Rat

Steel Rat

Watch him choose his own direction

• Members *
  • 2968 posts
  • Interests:Dungeons and Dragons, Video games, Computer science, Theoretical science, Quantum Physics, any creative innovation that leads to fun, Music composition, music performance, rats and spiders.

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:24 PM

15, and I 'member asking for "Counterparts" when I was 5 years old for Christmas. My 26 year old brother, Brian, has been an addict to Neil Peart for his entire life, and consequently, so have I.  cool.gif  

#59 Mustard Death

Mustard Death

*Explodes*

• Members *
  • 5669 posts
  • Interests:life.

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:17 AM

Wow there are much more younger fans then I expected... Too bad we all live far away from each other. I have two friends who really like Rush... But they dont consider Rush one of their favorite bands or anything like me.

Oh and Rushfan4life, your pic of Neil avatar used to be my MSN display picture... I love that pic...

#60 thestand

thestand

Chapman Stickman

• Members *
  • 3091 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

14, got into Rush at 12, and I'm up in Upstate New York.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users