What newer bands are you guys into?

nosefilxela

Alter Bridge (OK...Creed was better, but AB ain't too bad), My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Three Day's Grace, Coldplay, Seether, and a few others...

-Matt

Newer bands... lets see, I like The Mars Volta, Kasabian, The Arcade Fire, Audioslave, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Louis XIV, Kaiser Chiefs, Velvet Revolver.

I would include Modest Mouse in that mix, but they have been around way too long to be considered new, I just have newly discovered who they are.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Apr 6 2005, 09:48 PM)
Alter Bridge (OK...Creed was better, but AB ain't too bad), My Chemical Romance, Evanescence, Three Day's Grace, Coldplay, Seether, and a few others...

-Matt

What do you think about My Chemical Romance?

QUOTE (nosefilxela @ Apr 6 2005, 09:54 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 6 2005, 09:52 PM)
There are new bands?

Huh.  Whaddya know...

I take it you dont listen to any new stuff?

I'm an old fogie...I'm open to being enlightened, though...

I just like what I like...what can I say? smile.gif

My Chemical Romance, The Used, Underoath,

Alter Bridge (OK...Creed was better, but AB ain't too bad

All of these are horrifcally aweful bands in my opinion. Now I will state completely valid reasons for this.

My Chemical Romance: Their off key wailing makes me want to stick termites in to my ears.

The Used: I like take it away, but what is that new single, the one where the boy gets eaten by a book, what the heck?

Uneroath:More off key wailing

Creed:062802puke_prv.gif Dude WTF?! CREED?062802puke_prv.gif They sucked from the begining their lame "heavy metal" over sized ego enduce music was enough to drive a pig to vomit.

Alter Bridge: The lamer alternitive to creed

I like Mars Volta They rock, they got a Led Zepplin thing going.

QUOTE (JakeofThePlace @ Apr 6 2005, 07:04 PM)

All of these are horrifcally aweful bands in my opinion. Now I will state completely valid reasons for this.

My Chemical Romance: Their off key wailing makes me want to stick termites in to my ears.

The Used: I like take it away, but what is that new single, the one where the boy gets eaten by a book, what the heck?

Creed:062802puke_prv.gif Dude WTF?! CREED?062802puke_prv.gif They sucked from the begining their lame "heavy metal" over sized ego enduce music was enough to drive a pig to vomit.

Sorry nosefilxela, but I am behind Jake 100% on Creed/Alter Bridge and My Chemical Romance here. Those are 2 bands that I just cannot stand in the slightest.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I agree!

Newer bands hmmm....

God, where to begin...

Nightwish, Kamelot, Demons & Wizards, Rammstein, Icarus Witch, Children of Bodom, Dream Evil, DragonForce, Sonata Arctica, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Tool, Rhapsody, Epica, and a lot more that I don't feel like sitting down and listing...

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 16 2006, 06:56 PM)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I agree!

Another vote in that direction here.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Apr 7 2005, 02:13 AM)
For me it is Mars Volta and The Secret Machines

2 great bands. Secret Machines new album is out soon. Their debut was my favourite album from 2004.

Getting heavy rotation at the moment are The Futureheads. Great album.

Add me to the ranks of The Mars Volta fans. It took me a long time to get into Deloused and even longer to get into Frances, but the genius finally shone through.

I am starting to get into Particle and hope to catch Umphrey's McGee this may.

I am also thinking about checking outh the Matisyahu show. I have not been to a reggae show (or however you want to describe this guy) in years but I have heard some of his music and am intrigued.

Thank god someone else listens to The Secret Machines! I have been pushing them onto everybody I know for well over a year now! Heard the new song Alone, Jealous and Stoned a couple of weeks ago. Great tune and it was a free download (legal too!).

The Weakerthans

Division Of Laura Lee

Queens Of The Stone Age

Hey Mercedes

Hot Rod Circuit

The Stills

Home Grown

Hidden In Plain View

Motion City Soundtrack

Name Taken

Sparta

The Movielife

The Academy Is

The best thing about MCR is the lead singer who is WAY hot!

Archived