HEAROS

bigalfan

With the 2.gif Time Machine Tour now upon us, I, for one, will be buying a package of HEAROS as per the advice of a few others on this forum - FOH Lights being one. At $13-$20 for a package, it's worth a try!

At 45...with a mild case of tinnitus already, I welcome anything that will help to prevent making it worse. If they are as good as claimed, I'll wish I'd found this product years ago. Just a little FYI. Not my idea, but, I think a good word to pass along to others for consideration. It seems there are several kinds, it is my understanding that the "High Fidelity" ones are best.

HEAROS < this is the Musican's Friend link (with reviews), but it looks to me that you can buy them at Walgreen's and perhaps your local music store as well.

They are good. At one time you could only get them a music shops, atleast in N.Y.

Not only do they protect your ears, the sound is so much better with them in... I finally got my brother to use them when we went to see Michael Schenker a while back (he had always refused when I offered my spare set to him at concerts)... After the show he was freaking out about how much better and clearer the sound was and felt stupid for never trying them before.

Bottom line: everyone should bring a pair and simply do an A/B test... Worse case, you don't like the sound with them in and simply take them out (and you are out a couple of bucks).

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 23 2010, 12:30 PM)
With the 2.gif Time Machine Tour now upon us, I, for one, will be buying a package of HEAROS as per the advice of a few others on this forum - FOH Lights being one. At $13-$20 for a package, it's worth a try!

At 45...with a mild case of tinnitus already, I welcome anything that will help to prevent making it worse. If they are as good as claimed, I'll wish I'd found this product years ago. Just a little FYI. Not my idea, but, I think a good word to pass along to others for consideration. It seems there are several kinds, it is my understanding that the "High Fidelity" ones are best.

HEAROS  < this is the Musican's Friend link (with reviews), but it looks to me that you can buy them at Walgreen's and perhaps your local music store as well.

I'm sorry, could you repeat that a little louder!? biggrin.gif

Seriously though, without a doubt, it's the best $12 to $15 you'll ever spend. Even if you don't go to that many shows, they're well worth the investment.

I believe Walgreens is listed as a place to buy them because they probably carry the Hearos "plug" type ones that block out everything, as opposed to the ones designed for music. As far as I know, you'd need to get those at a music store (Sam Ash, etc.) or online - like @ Amazon.

Great thread, great advice! yes.gif

I'm sitting WAY too close to Alex, probably one of the loudest spots there. I'll definitely be buying these.

I don't have these actual 'HEAROS' earplugs, but I have a set that looks very similar to these. I bought mine at a local guitar shop too.

They are amazing...I have been using them at every concert since 2004, and I couldn't imagine not having them.

Not only do they protect your ears, but the sound is actually BETTER with them in. Crazy...it was the best money I ever spent!

These types of earplugs are well-worth it. Believe me. yes.gif

100% on board with these. First tried em at a Candlebox gig (awesome live band BTW) and used them ever since. Better sound, attenuated just enough but loud enough for the rock concert experience.

i have been using some cheap earplugs and have been meaning to upgrade.

thanks for the recommendation, gonna head down to walgreens.

once years ago, pickled as a monkey and ears getting devastated by the volume i used two cigarette butts as ear plugs. they worked pretty good.

There are actually 2 kinds of Heros. The link provided goes to their Rock and Roll ear plugs and I see a link to an even better, smaller longer term set...but for the once or twice a year I may need them the Rock and Roll model should be just fine.Gonna check the local shop 1st, if he has not then I will get some from MF for the show... Edited by ProfGumby

I like the skull screws, they might work better then the Winchester shooting range ear plugs I have been using when I'm at the track covering a motorsports story.

I'll have to give them a try trink39.gif

QUOTE (arthung @ Jun 24 2010, 12:15 PM)
They are even running a promo on their website right now where you can get a free pair just for asking!
Check it out!  Hearos website
Art

Done , Thanks . . . .

I have been using ear protection for 20 years ( 10 years Too Late ) I have permant damage already.

Some body is allways ringing the door bell in my head 24/7 - 365 days for last 25 yrs. rage.gif

It's is funny when people think your a "wimp" for wearing plugs, But for me now, If needed, I DO ! I guess most people think it detracts the sound, But in my experiance with ear protection is it HELPS the sound.

QUOTE (arthung @ Jun 24 2010, 12:15 PM)
They are even running a promo on their website right now where you can get a free pair just for asking!

Check it out!  Hearos website

Art

The ones that they're offering for free are worth every penny you'll pay for them...laugh.gif

They basically block ALL sound, unlike to hifi's or the others designed specifically for music. However, they would be better than nothing, IMO.

Well, I did order the free ones, as those will come in very handy blocking my husband's snoring! (All else fails, I could just shove them up his nostrils and solve the problem for good).

What does everyone here recommend? The Rock & Roll ones? I do have small ear canals (can't even keep earbuds in) so the music ones designed for us mutants look appealing.

I wear them all the time now at shows, and like others have said in this post, they actually make the shows sound better.

IMO, they seem to filter out a lot of that low-end muddiness that seems to plague so many live shows.