Radiohead - LP8

theworkingman

Yes. I'll definitely be getting this one... and if it comes in some type of deluxe version, then I'll be getting that one instead.

I reveled in the brilliance of The Bends and OK Computer.....but everything since those 2 amazing records has been so underwhelming for me.

Sorry I can't share the enthusiasm

Radiohead's a tough one for me too. OK Computer and the Bends were great and the bsides they put out in those eras were also amazing as well. But since theyve tried sounding like Krautrock/old school Prog rock, Aphex Twin or re-create OK Computer deliberately while only partially succeding.

They dropped the ball in 98', when they could've put out that unreleased album of songs but instead got pissed off at being popular and went in the electronic dance and krautrock direction.

Not sure what they need to do to get back on top other than probably get Jon Leckie as a producer to do an old school rock album minus any electronics or overuse pianos/glockenspiels/xylophones/flutes/"whatever flavor of the week gizmo Jonny and Thom are currently infatuated with."

Archived