SPOILERS - Pre Production Pics

sundog

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sundog @ Jun 17 2010, 07:41 PM)
Some of you know who John Arrowsmith is...

For those that don't ~ you should. coy.gif
He's the brilliant mind behind the pyrotechics at 2.gif concerts and he's is the resident photographer on tour.
He maintained all of the pictures on Rush.com for the last tour ~ and if you were one of the lucky few ~ you made it into 2.gif history.

He has graciously sent me permission to share with all of you his pre production photographs that he's posted on his personal photography website. Check out the site ~ I know there are many photography buffs on the forum. I hope you will enjoy them ~ please recognize they are his work & copyrighted.

MOD EDIT:
Note: one of the photos contains a setlist spoiler, though a minor one, and posts below talk about it.

Arrowsmith Images ~ Time Machine Tour

th1245.gif

ooo Thanks for posting Sunny!!! hug2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (shaun3701 @ Jun 18 2010, 12:16 AM)
QUOTE (Supersyl @ Jun 17 2010, 09:55 PM)
OMG They're playing Tom Sawyer!!!!!!!!!!!  1022.gif  2.gif

DUDE!!! They haven't played it since 2008!!! OMG!!!

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! 653.gif 653.gif common001.gif cheer.gif th1245.gif 2.gif 2.gif

And I promised myself I wouldn't look at the setlist.......... fists crying.gif

Personally, and more seriously, I can't wait to see a pic of the drumkit!!!!

Thanks so much for posting this Sunny and now I really am getting excited. yes.gif 2.gif hug2.gif

From his site:

Hi All, At some point these photos will be moved to Rush.com but in the meantime have a look.

Enjoy and thanks for all the great emails, much appreciated!!

John

Looks to me like there IS going to be some sort of old-timey, snarling, (possible) steam-puffing, HG Wells-type Time Machine on stage as a prop. Which definitely gets a new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif from me!

Clothes Dryer/Chicken Roaster replacement perhaps?

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 18 2010, 05:51 AM)
Looks to me like there IS going to be some sort of old-timey, snarling, (possible) steam-puffing, HG Wells-type Time Machine on stage as a prop. Which definitely gets a new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 2.gif from me!

I think it's Neil's drumkit.

QUOTE (Rushchick10 @ Jun 18 2010, 07:34 AM)
OH MY GED!  I can't freaking WAIT!  1022.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

This is gonna be one incredible  2.gif  summer!!  biggrin.gif

As will be next Summer! Two tours - back-to-back! YEAH!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Jun 18 2010, 07:31 AM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Jun 18 2010, 05:51 AM)
Looks to me like there IS  going to be some sort of old-timey, snarling, (possible) steam-puffing, HG Wells-type Time Machine on stage as a prop. Which definitely gets a  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  2.gif from me!

I think it's Neil's drumkit.

yes.gif

Part of the rotating platform.

QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:31 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 17 2010, 08:48 PM)
Looks like the last pic dispells the rumor that Camera Eye will start the second set.

How so? I fail to see your logic there confused13.gif

Usually when a band makes a setlist, they notate breaks/pauses and especially intermissions. The fact that there's a list of songs with no lines denoting breaks gives the appearance of there being no break after Limelight.

I agree it's not conclusive, it could just be a list of songs.

Looks like the last pic dispells the rumor that Camera Eye will start the second set.

I thought the same thing.

Though I have to admit I don't see what spoiler was mentioned in the first post. Do you mean the fact that they're playing MP? That's not a spoiler is it?

Opinion:

See the big purplish screen with what looks like typewriter keys? I've only seen the Lock & Key video twice before but isn't there a lot of older shots of prisoners and other stuff? Is there a shot of a typewritter in there too?

Could the spoiler be Lock & Key or am I just being hopeful?

Edited by Del_Duio

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 18 2010, 10:39 AM)
Opinion:

See the big purplish screen with what looks like typewriter keys? I've only seen the Lock & Key video twice before but isn't there a lot of older shots of prisoners and other stuff? Is there a shot of a typewritter in there too?

Could the spoiler be Lock & Key or am I just being hopeful?

If they play Lock & Key I will probably faint and miss the rest of the show tongue.gif

QUOTE (cygnus_thegodofbalance @ Jun 18 2010, 10:19 AM)
Does anyone else think of Muse's HAARP when they see that gigantic screen?

Since RUSH and MUSE are my two favorite touring bands...yes...yes, I do.

I just checked the Lock & Key video on YouTube and although there's a lot of shots with purplish lights I saw no typewritter.

sad.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Jun 18 2010, 11:35 AM)

I thought the same thing.

Though I have to admit I don't see what spoiler was mentioned in the first post. Do you mean the fact that they're playing MP? That's not a spoiler is it?

John will be posting more photographs that will be attached to the link ~ there may be spoilers posted inadvertantly in pictures - so it's a warning to look at your own risk.

The spoiler referenced the setlist that was photographed ~ yes it's pretty much common knowledge, but better to be safe than sorry.

th1245.gif

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Jun 18 2010, 10:11 AM)
QUOTE (Hemispheres89 @ Jun 17 2010, 10:31 PM)

How so? I fail to see your logic there confused13.gif

I agree it's not conclusive, it could just be a list of songs.

That's how I took it when I looked at it. But now that you mention it in that othe light, I can see where he's coming from. But I REALLY just think it's a list of songs that was cut off to fit a normal sized frame, which is why you don't see Witch Hunt or Vital Signs. I don't think that has any bearing on set order.

THANK YOU, MR. ARROWSMITH!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Looking forward to seeing your handy work in less than two weeks in Kansas City! WOO-HOO!!!!

Arrowsmith > Aerosmith

Edited by bigalfan