Another rare Rush treat from years past...

Jag2112

A month or so ago, I was thrilled to introduce - for the first time online anywhere - the images behind the extremely rare and nearly impossible-to-find Rush 2112 Tourbook.

Many of you, like me, had never gazed inside the pages of this piece of Rush history. I was fortunate enough to obtain a copy via Ebay which led to my scanning of the book and publishing it online for all to enjoy.

Now I have another treat for all of you.

Back in 1979 and 1980, during the legs of the Hemispheres and Permanent Waves tours that took place in the United Kingdom, a second set of "official" tour books were released.

These two tour books, known as "Rush: The Words and The Pictures" and "Rush: The Words and The Pictures Volume II: Featuring the lyrics from Permament Waves" apparently had a very limited production run which led to few copies ever making it to the U.S.

Geoff Barton, who penned the text behind the 2112 tour book, also penned an interesting tale for Volume I of the series. Additionally, numerous candid photos of the band by Fin Costello were included in the pages within these two rare finds.

But what I found most intriguing was the reproduction of many of Neil's hand-written lyrics. Some of you may be familiar with the hand-written lyrics that appear on the Fly By Night album / cd insert (See: Fly By Night) But many more from later albums including 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres and finally Permanent Waves were now reflected in these two rather obscure tour books.

So, as I did with the 2112 tour book, I'm now proud to introduce you to the complete images and text, or Words and Pictures as it were, from both of these tour books.

Click the links below for either volume:

Rush: The Words and The Pictures Volume I

Rush: The Words and The Pictures Volume II

I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Thanks,

John

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Apr 6 2005, 03:17 AM)
Very nice indeed Jag2112 - A great addition to a fine site.

I like the Barton article - Very consistent with his reflections in last year's Classic Rock special.

trink39.gif

I'd love to read that article - do you know where one might obtain a copy?

-John

Excellent!!

OMG, those are sooooooo be'achin' !!

This has to be one of the coolest photos I had never seen before:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/tourbooks/thewordsandthepicturesv2-29.jpg

Thanks!!!

I'm glad everyone's enjoying these rare finds...

And trust me, I have a few more things that I'm presently working on that will surprise you as well...

More to come...

-John

Keep up the most excellent work!

Archived