What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Rocky to the Vet for removal of the staples on his leg from the surgery. There was a lady there with an absolutely gorgeous 2 month old Golden Retriever puppy in for a check up. Big playful pup, owner's extended family owns the litter's sire, so she knows what she's in for-dog is going to be huuuge!

Rocky gets taken into the exam room and is brought out less than three minutes later. He has a wound the size of a dried pea at the site of the initial incision. Vet Tech tells me Vet said "Neosporin on the wound 2X daily", and that's it. Home, home again.

• Like 4

Rain finally stopped, and the sun is out and burning through the overcast. Was still raining earlier in the am, which sucked because I had to drive to my doctor's for a follow-up, and quite a few of the secondary streets are seriously flooded over, so it was low and slow going.

Aced the doctor visit, too. Gained back some of the weight I lost due to the anxiety and depression regarding Karen, along with the the shingles attack. Cholesterol down to 150, A1C down to 6.5, the drugs are working. Received the first dose of the shingles vaccine, 2nd dose will be mid-December.

Time to celebrate, gonna make a reservation at Billy's and get some stone crabs!

• Like 1

I was going into a grocery store today and saw all their pumpkins for sale outside. It said SHOW PUMPKINS. i thought to myself..i will feel bad for the pumpkins that dont get picked before Halloween. Then when i was inside the store , i saw more pumpkins on a rack..i guess they were not show quality. haha Two ladys walked by and one said to the other...look that same pumpkin was here last week, i can tell by the shape (it was odd) . Then she picked it up , it was pretty big, and put it in her carriage. I know, i weird put i felt a little happy the pumpkin got picked. haha

:eh:

• Like 3

I was at a local Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday as they were one of the very few venues broadcasting the UFC fights on PPV. Due to social distancing they put me at a table normally meant for 4.

Around 2 pm and the start of the broadcast, the entrance loads up with patrons lookng for seats, and a guy with his gf asks if he can sit at my table. I say sure, have a seat.

We spend watch the fights, doing appetizers, wings and drinks. As the broadcast ends they leave, and the guy says "we left something for the tab."

Turns out he not only covered his expenses, but 2/3rds of what would have been my end of the tab. I get off dropping 20 bucks, including tip.

Rob and Pam, wherever you guys are in the universe, many thanks, that was great! :dweez: :burger: :digi:

It's cold today, but sunny and beautiful. The lower temperatures had wildlife on the move this AM, so it made for a great hike. And the leaves are amazing.
  • Like 2

Veterinarians office called, with biopsy report.

Big lump taken off Rocky was a lipoma, fatty tumor. Totally benign, no cancer. :dweez: :7up: :clap:

That's so wonderful to hear! Hooray for Rocky! :ebert:

• Like 1

There's nothing like coming home from a hard day's work, opening the front door, and getting hit with the "New Furnace Stink"

Life is Good, I tell ya.... :sundog:

• Like 1

I see deer every day on my hikes with the dogs, but today I got a real treat. After months of warm, dry weather with literally no precipitation, last night we got 4-6" of snow, which puts the wildlife on the move. This morning, in full daylight, I got to see a young bear running up ahead of us. He was close, maybe fifteen yards at first. As round and goofy as they look, it's amazing how agile and fast a bear really is.

Pretty much, this is what I saw this AM...

5BR3yT.gif

• Like 6

My coworker is back from over three weeks of quarantine.

I can now enjoy doing one job instead of two jobs. :LOL:

• Like 1

I deleted my Facebook account. That website is for cavemen (according to the guy on Big Bang Theory). I've migrated to Instagram.

Here's to new beginnings. :outtahere:

• Like 1

My coworker is back from over three weeks of quarantine.

I can now enjoy doing one job instead of two jobs. :LOL:

That was me 4 months ago when my coworker was having her appendix removed.

i finally brought home a new friend today, a Honduran curly hair tarantula. i named him Terry!

89c88c74cf671c440fd5d024bd6d73b6ad65e15d.jpg

i finally brought home a new friend today, a Honduran curly hair tarantula. i named him Terry!

89c88c74cf671c440fd5d024bd6d73b6ad65e15d.jpg

Um, how exactly are you going to sleep with that thing in the house? Lol

probably not great since i found out that the mesh screen on the top of the enclosure might be a little dangerous. im supervising him while he's moving around to make sure he doesn't get his feetsies stuck.

I see deer every day on my hikes with the dogs, but today I got a real treat. After months of warm, dry weather with literally no precipitation, last night we got 4-6" of snow, which puts the wildlife on the move. This morning, in full daylight, I got to see a young bear running up ahead of us. He was close, maybe fifteen yards at first. As round and goofy as they look, it's amazing how agile and fast a bear really is.

Pretty much, this is what I saw this AM...

5BR3yT.gif

I've been lucky enough to see bears 3 times in my motorcycle travels the last dozen years. Always a thrll. And yeah, they can definitely scoot.

I actually succeeded in getting Ma OUT of the kitchen, so I could clean up all the mess. :laughing guy:

Cowboys, down 4 with 12:00 to go and with a 4th and 10 deep in their own territory, run a reverse on a fake punt, apparently so the runner could spend 5 seconds behind the LOS.