What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

From Friday:

A colleague and friend owns a sail boat. He has been on me for a few summers to skip out on work and go sailing with him. I always have SOMETHING I need to get to. He called last week and asked me to join him and a few others on Friday. I finally decided to put work aside and go. It was an absolutely glorious day sailing from Boston along Massachusetts' south coast. You really do have to stop and smell the roses. Make the time for things.

• Like 4

From Friday:

A colleague and friend owns a sail boat. He has been on me for a few summers to skip out on work and go sailing with him. I always have SOMETHING I need to get to. He called last week and asked me to join him and a few others on Friday. I finally decided to put work aside and go. It was an absolutely glorious day sailing from Boston along Massachusetts' south coast. You really do have to stop and smell the roses. Make the time for things.

That's wonderful! I bet it rejuvenated you.

• Like 2

Yesterday...

I went out for a jog and ran came across a friend of mine out walking his dog. He invited me to join him on a golf outing with two boys that were sons of a former colleague. I got to enjoy their company and reconnect with their father. :)

And I shot 39.

• Like 3

Taking kids to the Reno Air Races. We got up close to some amazing aircraft, met a few pilots, watched them race, saw them do stunts, and ended with a performance of the Thunderbirds
  • Like 3

Taking kids to the Reno Air Races. We got up close to some amazing aircraft, met a few pilots, watched them race, saw them do stunts, and ended with a performance of the Thunderbirds

Fairchild had an air show too recently.

I used to go to those as a kid. I lived at Fairchild for a bit, and my grandfather actually helped build the barracks there decades ago.
  • Like 2

Yesterday Rocky's bandages were removed for the last time. Part of his leg is smooth, having been shaved pre-op, but the vet has declared him fit. His appetite is back, and boy is he going to be surprised Sunday morning when he finds out he's going to the dog park for the first time in a month. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 5

Yesterday Rocky's bandages were removed for the last time. Part of his leg is smooth, having been shaved pre-op, but the vet has declared him fit. His appetite is back, and boy is he going to be surprised Sunday morning when he finds out he's going to the dog park for the first time in a month.

But won't the other dogs pick on him over the shaved leg? They won't let him play in any doggie games..... :o ;)

Yesterday Rocky's bandages were removed for the last time. Part of his leg is smooth, having been shaved pre-op, but the vet has declared him fit. His appetite is back, and boy is he going to be surprised Sunday morning when he finds out he's going to the dog park for the first time in a month.

But won't the other dogs pick on him over the shaved leg? They won't let him play in any doggie games..... :o ;)

Why are you thinking that dogs would behave like Humans in this way? They DON'T in MY experience...

pcG2tzV.gif

• Like 1

No, because I go around 8 on Sunday morning to this particular dog park. It's a small group of regulars, and for the most part dogs & owners are ok.
  • Like 1

Why are you thinking that dogs would behave like Humans in this way? They DON'T in MY experience...

pcG2tzV.gif

And if they did, I'll handle it, as befits my former occupation back in The D.
  • Like 1

My commute from work yesterday.

Kids were released at 12:30 Friday, which was followed by a staff meeting that lasted an hour or so. I had given my math classes tests and I always like to get them corrected the same day, so I spent a couple of hours doing that, then checked the week's online class/homework practice and entered those grades. A couple more hours planning instruction for next week and voila, it's 6PM. Time to head home.

So...my commute. It's a nice four block walk through an old Carson City neighborhood, and at the midway point I turned the corner and was greeted by three does with four fawns, no more than 15 feet away. :)

• Like 5

Kids were released at 12:30 Friday, which was followed by a staff meeting that lasted an hour or so. I had given my math classes tests and I always like to get them corrected the same day, so I spent a couple of hours doing that, then checked the week's online class/homework practice and entered those grades. A couple more hours planning instruction for next week and voila, it's 6PM. Time to head home.

So...my commute. It's a nice four block walk through an old Carson City neighborhood, and at the midway point I turned the corner and was greeted by three does with four fawns, no more than 15 feet away. :)

I love that! Did you happen to get a picture?

• Like 1

I wish, but I didn't have my phone. Here's the story about that.

Thursday was mass day, so we went to the church and celebrated mass. There was only one bus to bring kids back to school, and middle school students were on the last of four shifts. So I ended up teaching at church, and at some point I set my phone down in one of the places i was teaching and left it. So...I'm phoneless at the moment.

It's kind of nice, really.

• Like 2

I wish, but I didn't have my phone. Here's the story about that.

Thursday was mass day, so we went to the church and celebrated mass. There was only one bus to bring kids back to school, and middle school students were on the last of four shifts. So I ended up teaching at church, and at some point I set my phone down in one of the places i was teaching and left it. So...I'm phoneless at the moment.

It's kind of nice, really.

I don't own one. It's one of the very few right decisions I ever made in my life. :LOL:

• Like 3

God, how dogs know? Less than two minutes after I let Rocky out he's jumping on a screen door. I inhale a cup of coffee and away we go. Said "hi" to the regulars at the park as our dogs cavort, or limp, in the dog area. One of the gang was also back after a month's abscene due to removal of a malignant tumor on his ear. Yeah getting old sucks for dogs, too. Everything 's cool.

pcG2tzV.gif

And if they did, I'll handle it, as befits my former occupation back in The D.

Gack, the evil misdirected quote and edit. Deleted! Edited by pjbear05

pcG2tzV.gif

Umm, I was joking. Twas a Rudolph the Shaved Leg Reindeer analogy..... :P

• Like 2

pcG2tzV.gif

pcG2tzV.gif

Yes I got it!

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 1