What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I finally got logged back in to TRF after an absence of several months (nobody noticed obviously) and get to see the random drivel you folk are still producing. Why did I return, I ask myself?

HELLO??? what am I? CHOPPED LIVER?

2z0rOly.jpg

D1yteru.jpg

I finally got logged back in to TRF after an absence of several months (nobody noticed obviously) and get to see the random drivel you folk are still producing. Why did I return, I ask myself?

To post drivel about returning, apparently.

A forum for a band that retired 2+ years ago is gonna get a little mundane! Still a good time here for most people that bother regularly posting, I would assume.

• Like 1

To post drivel about returning, apparently.

A forum for a band that retired 2+ years ago is gonna get a little mundane! Still a good time here for most people that bother regularly posting, I would assume.

Don't be a DICK, dude!

I'm enjoying Jamie Lee Curtis' fabulous body on TV right now...

GeFFNCS.gif

Sunny and 40 degrees, and the headache that has been torturing me since 3 am is finally leaving. :sundog:
  • Like 4

My coworker said I look like I'm 22. That's probably why I get asked for ID everywhere I go. Edited by Boots

We're finishing up packing for a move, so the house is basically empty. I had a fun afternoon wrapping gifts, though, and placing them around a "tree" that I assembled from the remaining house plants. :P

I moved for the first time in over five years this month. It reminded me how much hard work it is! Still really getting the house in functioning order, really. Went two weeks without a sofa, lol

I'm enjoying re-learning what I can live without.
  • Like 1

We're finishing up packing for a move, so the house is basically empty. I had a fun afternoon wrapping gifts, though, and placing them around a "tree" that I assembled from the remaining house plants. :P

I moved for the first time in over five years this month. It reminded me how much hard work it is! Still really getting the house in functioning order, really. Went two weeks without a sofa, lol

I'm enjoying re-learning what I can live without.

:cheers:

I got rid of a LOT of clutter, which felt great. Best to just have quality over quantity with material possessions.

• Like 2

Someone said I was "seriously likable." I think he just felt sorry for me because I was attacked last week

I hope you are OK now! :o

I'm fine now. Thanks.
  • Like 2

I'm glad you received this information, Boots. Because YOU ARE LIKABLE!!! Sorry about the attack last week, but you ARE a worthy person!

qlKHH6X.gif

This is more like a recap of the last couple of days ...

Thursday I had my last exam which went well. So now I have a bachelor degree in web development! :fuckinputer: ;)

Friday I was out shooting a music video with a friend, and I even had a supporting role. That video had wine tasting, driving in a limo and fine dining with champagne in it. The video is for a hip hop song where I'm laying down some guitar on the outro, so in a few months I'm going to be in a music video and featured on a record.

Saturday I was helping shooting another music video for the same guy, but this time I was behind the camera all day.

So, all in all, not a bad way to "celebrate" :7up: :D :banana: :cheerleader: :yay:

• Like 4

Thursday I had my last exam which went well. So now I have a bachelor degree in web development! :fuckinputer: ;)

Friday I was out shooting a music video with a friend, and I even had a supporting role. That video had wine tasting, driving in a limo and fine dining with champagne in it. The video is for a hip hop song where I'm laying down some guitar on the outro, so in a few months I'm going to be in a music video and featured on a record.

Saturday I was helping shooting another music video for the same guy, but this time I was behind the camera all day.

So, all in all, not a bad way to "celebrate" :7up: :D :banana: :cheerleader: :yay:

:ebert:
  • Like 1

Kurt Russell is on TV all afternoon! :heart: They're showing the Olympic hockey movie, Miracle. :)

And when it's done, Time Stands Still comes on. Emotional afternoon!

Miracle is a great, great movie!
  • Like 1

Well, I'm playing some live music tonight, so that's always fun and will probably end up making my day a little more than this but...

I walked into Philo class today listening to Show Don't Tell, then as I noticed the professor talking to the student in front of me (and that there were like two minutes till class started), I slipped out my headphones and continued rocking in my head while playing that riff on my air bass. I'll preface this here with saying my philosophy professor is a pretty young guy, maybe a couple years out of grad school. Lo and behold, most of the students now in class, the professor calls out my name with like a minute to spare and says he's noticed me playing air instruments before in class and wanted to know if I played any real instruments. After that little conversation, which I'm familiar with having, things got interesting. he asked me if I had a favorite song. I answered with Bohemian Rhapsody. He was surprised, maybe even impressed, then asked me what I liked so much about it. This is where I'm starting to think, "okay class has started by now, and my philosophy professor is continuing a discussion about my favorite song with me in front of the whole class, giving me the so rare opportunity to discuss my taste in music in some real depth in a public setting." I was a little flattered but I kept my cool, answering deftly and with feeling. He asked me when it had first become my favorite song, then when I'd first heard it, then if I must be a pretty big Queen fan. Now here's where I'm thinking, "holy cheese, is this about to actually happen right now, I get to talk about my favorite band in front of the whole class?" And it was true, I said they're my favorite band. Then he really impressed me...he said he had a question for me, he prefaced something like "so Brian May and Roger Taylor have been touring with Adam Lambert for some time now," and went on to ask me my thoughts about whether or not one could consider that Queen. On one hand, I thought, "wow, this is cool, cuz this is actually a philosophical topic about my favorite band," but on the other hand I was like "holy cheese, this guy knows Queen? He just name dropped Brian May and Roger Taylor, and knows about their touring with Adam? Color me super impressed." I gave my thoughts on that, which I've mentioned on here before, and somewhere in all of this I gave a short (actually short) schpeal on Queen's overall likability and mega-hits that everyone knows, and he then went on to ask me, in the most surprising part of the conversation (especially since we must've been like five minutes into class time now), "say Roger were to retire from touring, but Brian were to want to go on..." He took a second trying to come up with a replacement drummer off the top of his head, trying for Phil Collins, where I reminded him that Phil can't drum anymore, then went for Neil Peart, before remembering his retirement and mentioned something about arthritis, then settled on John Bonham Jr. I was like, completely shocked he was just able to not only name drop those guys, and be holding this conversation with me, but had been actually fairly up to date on their conditions and knew who was good and could handle the material. the conversation ended pretty quickly after I gave my answer to that before he realized we were into class time and the whole class had just had to listen to our discussion, but he ended saying he had his own thoughts about the matter and would like to keep talking about it later.

So that was legit awesome. He didn't just have the curiosity about my life and interests that many professors have about their students, he had a pretty well established knowledge of rock music and wanted to discuss it with me, while slipping in some philosophy about at what point one could consider a band still a band with so many lineup changes. This guy might just make my semester.

• Like 3

:ebert:

I just met someone from Jackson Hole WY in my local Grocery store a few days ago! wow!

c4AoLnQ.gif