What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Couple things were nice today :)

I've had a credit card for two months. Today, I redeemed $170 in cashback rewards, used solely to pay down the card. That's $170 in free stuff! I could get used to this 5%-cashback-never-holding-a-balance life :yes:

My mood was in need of improvement this afternoon. Luckily, a sporty car (as sporty as front-wheel-drive gets) and a winding mountainous road were available. Some 'spirited' driving left me in a different, better frame of mind when I got back into town :)

Also, went on a nice walk near a different mountain. Spring in this area is always nice, as everything gets crazy green and beautiful for a few sweet, short weeks.

:cheers:

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 3

Got to see the Downy Woodpecker that lives around here, and a BIG BLUE JAY! Also, the choir of Cardinals shows no sign of letting up....

:banana:

I met up with the man I love in a bar. There was a game-type thing going on. This song is my situation>>>
  • Like 1

"Love, Hate, Love" by Alice In Chains being my 'Ear Worm' for the last couple days......just hadda play it today!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/songstuckinheadsmiley.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9yu3X6Jg8

Edited by OldRUSHfan

"Love, Hate, Love" by Alice In Chains being my 'Ear Worm' for the last couple days......just hadda play it today!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/songstuckinheadsmiley.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9yu3X6Jg8

My absolute favorite deep song to play during deep drives when it's raining, especially at night.

My days of seeing Rush may be over, but I hope I get to see Alice In Chains one last time.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Yesterday, at 5:00pm, my final university class ended. After 10 semesters (11 if you count that one 7 credit summer), it's finally over.

One exam next Wednesday, and that's it. Can't f***ing wait for the symbolic graduation walk. It's my day.

I also have an interview with a city I particularly like tomorrow.

Hopeful for the future. :)

• Like 7

Yesterday, at 5:00pm, my final university class ended. After 10 semesters (11 if you count that one 7 credit summer), it's finally over.

One exam next Wednesday, and that's it. Can't f***ing wait for the symbolic graduation walk. It's my day.

Good luck with your interview- they would be lucky to have someone as awesome as you are !

Edited by blueschica

Good luck with your interview- they would be lucky to have someone as awesome as you are !

Or at least as competent! I can competently do entry level stuff! Give me a chance, firms and municipalities :LOL:

Thanks for the well wishes! :cheers:

• Like 1

Or at least as competent! I can competently do entry level stuff! Give me a chance, firms and municipalities :LOL:

Thanks for the well wishes! :cheers:

You're studying civil engineering, right? Best of luck in your interview!

Best wishes for your interview, bud! :cheerleader:

Awesome. :)

I didn't know you were in that field of study. I'd love to do that kind of work myself, but if have to backtrack about 15-20 years, I think.

Awesome. :)

I didn't know you were in that field of study. I'd love to do that kind of work myself, but if have to backtrack about 15-20 years, I think.

If you can commit full time, you can be a licensed professional engineer eight years after the day you start. No sooner.

I think it's gonna be exciting! Thank you for the kind words :)

Edited by That One Guy

TOG, you seem like a very nice young man. I wish the very best for you and your future life.

Thank you very much, Lorraine

I envy you. It is wonderful to have your entire life ahead of you.

On the flip side, it's only statistically probable I will reach an old age. My father didn't make it to 30. You've proven you'll make it to a high age, and that could be envied in itself. :)

• Like 1

Scored a bag load of music and some movies for less than the price of a new movie. A music store is having a bankruptcy sale and is having 90% off everything!

Got me some, Metallica, Jeff Healey, Depeche Mode, Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Dio, the Kill Bill movies and American Sniper.

I think tonight will be well spent with music, movies and G&T :D

• Like 3

Testimonials of Retarded Furgundiuns

Ended my 4 month carless streak by buying a car at 8:00am this morning. Not in love with getting up at 7:00 on a Saturday, but this car is worth it!

http://i.imgur.com/HmHY0ba.jpg

http://www.motivemagazine.com/emAlbum/albums/Manufacturers/Honda/Accord/2003-2007/Accord%20Sedan/Interior/honda-accord-003.jpg

Freakin' thing is loaded. The second pic is not mine, but is of the same interior.

If it gives me good vibes this week, I may take it down to the national parks next weekend. :)

• Like 4

posted this in another thread, but it fits here, too

Played another great gig last night. Not only did we get an instant re-booking, but some guy in the audience rang his friend, who runs another venue, and said that he needed to book our band ASAP. :yay:

http://img1.joyreactor.com/pics/comment/comics-back-to-the-future-skrillex-vomit-553009.jpeg

"Y'know that new sound you're looking for?...Well listen to this!"

• Like 4