What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

i went to a ranch and got to dress up in 19th century clothing and i helped kids make crafts. i also pet some donkeys, saw pigs chickens and sheep, ate good food, and brought out my inner history nerd. it was awesome.
  • Like 2

There are ballet clips on Youtube. Some members have downloaded entire performances-- 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

You can save yourself a ton of money and watch them at your leisure.

my mom found a Roll The Bones pin in her nightstand drawer and gave it to me. she said she used to wear it on her apron when she was a cafeteria lady in the 90s.
  • Like 2

Pulled two consecutive 12 hour shifts at work.

Today we had to make 260 quarter pallets of pasta sauce. We got 50 DKR ($8.37) for each pallet made in addition to our salary. My salary is 193 DKR with overpay ($32.31).

So in one day I made 4916 DKR which is $822.97. The downside is that I feel wrecked and next weekend there is even more. It's voluntary and the money will be even better, perhaps the double, but the point is I miss my family badly. I'm even getting a little teary eyed writing this. Have barely seen them since I started working.

So right now I don't know wether or not I should put this in the "What are you sick of"-thread or not. Right now I'm enjoying a cold beer and hoping for the longest sunday in my life before monday starts.

I actually mailed out CHRISTMAS CARDS this year! I got all my aunts, cousins, and good friends.....for once! :sundog: :sundog:
  • Like 1

Driving into work today - it was surreal.

I was flipping thru the radio stations and came across "Mele Kalikimaka" (The Hawaiian Christmas Song) and soon after got cutoff by a guy texting AND trying to light his cigarette. He was going fast, then slowing down, hitting every line around him... my annoyance kept growing and growing. Then I took a breath, listened to the song and couldn't get the picture of Cousin Eddie on the diving board out of my mind. I started to smile, and I felt the anger just leaving me. It was at that time, the moron in front of me decides he needs to exit immediately and pulls from the left lane, all the way across traffic to make the next exit, clearing things up in front of me.

http://www.redclaysoul.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Christmas-Vacation-Eddie-Swim-Red-Clay-Soul.jpg

Delivered a load to Carl Budding in South Holland, Il, this morning.The receiver, seemed to be Eastern European, was very friendly, quickly got me a door, and unloaded me with the swiftness. I thought, "wow, this day is starting well."

Then , he calls me into the office for the paperwork and gives me a cheese and cracker and sausage gift box from Old Wisconsin.

I was stunned. Although I often give out bread and cookies that are deemed damaged, out of date, or over, I've never been given a gift in my whole trucking career. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

...a touch on the heart.

• Like 5

Delivered a load to Carl Budding in South Holland, Il, this morning.The receiver, seemed to be Eastern European, was very friendly, quickly got me a door, and unloaded me with the swiftness. I thought, "wow, this day is starting well."

Then , he calls me into the office for the paperwork and gives me a cheese and cracker and sausage gift box from Old Wisconsin.

I was stunned. Although I often give out bread and cookies that are deemed damaged, out of date, or over, I've never been given a gift in my whole trucking career. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

...a touch on the heart.

Nice... :)

i finished my newspaper page and i was able to switch out of newspaper next semester. i hate to leave the rest of the staff, but that class is too damn stressful.
  • Like 1

I worked at a bojangles in another city for about a week, and now a krystal 8 minutes from my house has hired me. f**k yeah! thanks aiken

Congrats. The Krystal around here just closed down recently. I loved the little chili dog pups. Wouldn't touch a hamburger from there if i were being waterboarded. When I was working and was anywhere near there I would go there for lunch.... Edited by Narpski

I made a delivery to the School District Resource Center today at noon and they were having a pizza lunch. They told me to join them, and I couldn't say no. Then after being given four slices of pizza and a pop, I finished it and they forced more food upon me. After 9 slices of pizza they gave me three for the road and half a large bottle of coke for the road. Great way to spend my noon hour.

One of my classes had did a secret santa gift exchange and I got Reese's Pieces and a $15 Target gift card.
  • Like 3

I had the day off at work which I didn't expect a few days ago when I found out that my office at the warehouse facility I work at has a Xmas party today so the 2nd shift I work in was off and I have tomorrow off because of a Xmas party that's work related. On top of that it will be two 4 day weekends for me since I have the day after Xmas off as well as a paid vacation day.

I also had the best workout since I returned to my 24 Hour Fitness gym not too long ago. Maybe it was the Muscle Monster Shake drink but I had before but I had a new workout high on those muscle workout equipment there.

One of my classes had did a secret santa gift exchange and I got Reese's Pieces and a $15 Target gift card.

Those are definitely quality gifts.

hell yeah, Target is my favorite store

Obviously not English class :LMAO:

I like Target too, much rather go there than Walmart or something.

• Like 2