Sun & Moon

The Seeker

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Interests:Music!!!
    Playing bass.
    Atalanta B.C.
    Graphic novels, seashores.
    Dancing, reading, swimming, running, hitting the gym.

Posted 13 September 2021 - 09:23 AM

View PostIbanezJem, on 12 September 2021 - 04:20 PM, said:

View PostSun & Moon, on 12 September 2021 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 12 September 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 12 September 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostSun & Moon, on 12 September 2021 - 10:50 AM, said:

I just realized how much I hate people coming to my home. If it's not a lover, a family member or a very close friend, they are not welcome to disturb the peace of my safe haven.
The only people I don`t mind coming to my house are delivery drivers bringing me presents... actually, even them I resent as the doorbell makes me jump. I didn`t move here to have visitors!

If somebody comes to my door and I'm not expecting anyone or a delivery, I won't even answer the door. I discreetly pull the curtains to my front window open just enough to see outside. If I don't see an emergency, delivery or utility vehicle parked I don't answer.

Some people think it's odd that I do that. But I live in the city so I try to be more alert. There's people who will knock on doors just to ask for money. I've seen it happen before. Plus, you never know if somebody will try and force their way in as soon as you open the door.
I don't answer, either. The door or the phone, if I have no clue of who's trying to reach (and I don't want to be reached by some people even though I know they try to reach me). In the countryside it's a different story. When I was a kid people in our village left a broom leaning on an unlocked door as a sign that nobody's home. If there was no broom the neighbours could come in and knock at the doorpost as they were entering the house. There was nothing strange in that. This changed in the late 1990's. Now the doors are locked, and people may not as easily just drop by. If I lived in the countryside again, I wouldn't mind sudden visits, but here in town I like to keep things more secure and private.
I`d like to be like that - but the problem is I don`t know anyone in the country so who would be turning up? Well, except last week - my neighbour, who`s about a mile away, asked if I`d seen her Rheas running around, as her five had all escaped when someone didn`t shut their gate. That`s much better than some kid wanting their ball back :lol:
:lol: I'd like to see some Rheas around.

Sponsored Post

#8062 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6246 posts
  • Interests:Very few interests, but many passions

Posted 13 September 2021 - 10:18 AM

View PostSun & Moon, on 13 September 2021 - 09:23 AM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 12 September 2021 - 04:20 PM, said:

View PostSun & Moon, on 12 September 2021 - 04:14 PM, said:

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 12 September 2021 - 03:43 PM, said:

View PostIbanezJem, on 12 September 2021 - 10:54 AM, said:

View PostSun & Moon, on 12 September 2021 - 10:50 AM, said:

I just realized how much I hate people coming to my home. If it's not a lover, a family member or a very close friend, they are not welcome to disturb the peace of my safe haven.
The only people I don`t mind coming to my house are delivery drivers bringing me presents... actually, even them I resent as the doorbell makes me jump. I didn`t move here to have visitors!

If somebody comes to my door and I'm not expecting anyone or a delivery, I won't even answer the door. I discreetly pull the curtains to my front window open just enough to see outside. If I don't see an emergency, delivery or utility vehicle parked I don't answer.

Some people think it's odd that I do that. But I live in the city so I try to be more alert. There's people who will knock on doors just to ask for money. I've seen it happen before. Plus, you never know if somebody will try and force their way in as soon as you open the door.
I don't answer, either. The door or the phone, if I have no clue of who's trying to reach (and I don't want to be reached by some people even though I know they try to reach me). In the countryside it's a different story. When I was a kid people in our village left a broom leaning on an unlocked door as a sign that nobody's home. If there was no broom the neighbours could come in and knock at the doorpost as they were entering the house. There was nothing strange in that. This changed in the late 1990's. Now the doors are locked, and people may not as easily just drop by. If I lived in the countryside again, I wouldn't mind sudden visits, but here in town I like to keep things more secure and private.
I`d like to be like that - but the problem is I don`t know anyone in the country so who would be turning up? Well, except last week - my neighbour, who`s about a mile away, asked if I`d seen her Rheas running around, as her five had all escaped when someone didn`t shut their gate. That`s much better than some kid wanting their ball back :lol:
:lol: I'd like to see some Rheas around.
She sent me a video when two of them had returned, so I guess that counts as one friend I`ve made in Scotland :chickendance:

#8063 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 32762 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 05:47 PM

https://www.nbcnews....accine-n1279410

F virus ISIS.  I would like to kick 100 percent of their Texas asses.
Posted Image

#8064 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2400 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 18 September 2021 - 02:20 AM

Brian Laundrie is a scumbag and his family is enabling him.  He has been missing since Tuesday and they just forgot to tell the police?  It was fishy from the get go when he comes home by himself then won't talk to anyone or say where he saw her last.  Now he has probably fled the country and they are no closer to finding Gabby.  May he rot in hell :blaze:
https://www.cnn.com/...iday/index.html

#8065 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 11866 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 18 September 2021 - 12:02 PM

View PostRhyta, on 18 September 2021 - 02:20 AM, said:

Brian Laundrie is a scumbag and his family is enabling him.  He has been missing since Tuesday and they just forgot to tell the police?  It was fishy from the get go when he comes home by himself then won't talk to anyone or say where he saw her last.  Now he has probably fled the country and they are no closer to finding Gabby.  May he rot in hell :blaze:

I agree-such a tragedy. If he would have owned up when whatever it is happened during an argument or crime of passion he might have been able to turn his life around and people could think of him as having a bit of character even if he committed a terrible act.  Now everyone knows what kind of person he is and Gabby's family is suffering so terribly. You cant run away from this type of thing.

#8066 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

Natural Science Theater 3000

• Members
  • 32762 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 09:05 PM

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now.  She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well.  I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line.  My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom.  I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life.  I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People.  Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country.  That's how I roll.  I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job.  She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6.  He's always been nice to me.

#8067 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2400 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:43 AM

View Postinvisible airwave, on 20 September 2021 - 09:05 PM, said:

My mom doesn't want me to get the booster shot so she's metaphorically dead to me now.  She believes in that load of crap about aborted cells in vaccines yet fails to see the irony that viruses can kill pregnant women as well.  I could get along with those of different beliefs in the past but putting gaslighting RWNJ Jim Jones cult crap over my life is where I draw the line.  My estranged aunt and her sister may be crazy at times but I'm finally starting to realize she was right about my mom.  I'm not even CLOSE to enjoying this but I have no other choice to block those who put blind partisanship and school of hard knocks crap over my life.  I now know how Timothy Hutton felt about Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People.  Family don't mean jack when it supports domestic terrorism and being a traitor to this country.  That's how I roll.  I even need it to live in my assisted living home (diagnosed with Asperger's) and for my job.  She is so goddamn selfish and naive and has shown it in the past but that's it.

I messaged my cousin who lives in San Diego who has been friends with her to let him know since he's banished anyone who supports this cult since January 6.  He's always been nice to me.
It is sad how this is tearing so many families apart. :(  You are doing what is best for you but that doesn't mean it comes without a cost.  Take care. :hug2:

Edited by Rhyta, 21 September 2021 - 12:44 AM.

#8068 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2400 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:49 AM

View PostRhyta, on 18 September 2021 - 02:20 AM, said:

Still so upset about the actions of this boy's parents, now it appears they knew where he was and picked up the car and brought it back to their house.  It seems like they have found Gabby's body in Wyoming.  I think this case has triggered me because she looks a lot like my niece and she and her boyfriend live with her parents.  I can't see them covering up a crime so I just can't fathom what these parents did.  He came home on the 1st without her yet they didn't think it important to tell her parents?

It is so sad too, this article really sums it up...if only http://www.deseret.c...hear-her-voice-
arches-park-ranger-warned-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian :sigh:

Edited by Rhyta, 21 September 2021 - 12:50 AM.

#8069 Syrinx

Syrinx

The Professor

• Members
  • 3275 posts
  • Interests:Dallas Cowboys!

Posted 21 September 2021 - 08:44 AM

We spent over $600 million on an unnecessary election in Canada only to get the exact same results as we had before.

#8070 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 40335 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:16 PM

The scenes of incompetence and lawlessness on the southern border.

#8071 pjbear05

pjbear05

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4858 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 22 September 2021 - 07:32 PM

View PostSyrinx, on 21 September 2021 - 08:44 AM, said:

We spent over $600 million on an unnecessary election in Canada only to get the exact same results as we had before.
you sure that wasn't a small deposit of the amount spent to recall Newsom?

Edited by pjbear05, 22 September 2021 - 07:32 PM.

#8072 pjbear05

pjbear05

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4858 posts
  • Interests:Beer and music.

Posted 06 October 2021 - 03:47 PM

:ranton:  In today's mail was an EOB (explanation of benefits) statement from my secondary healthcare provider, mentioning a claim by a medical supplier for goods/services I never requested or received, totally fake.  Statement shows secondary provider denied the claim, but somebody accepted and partially paid, and I may be responsible for $10K+.
WTF?  I call secondary provider to advise them the claim is fake ass.  Provider asks me if I've undergone any surgery on my leg(s) during the mentoned period, I say no.  Provider explains "we denied the claim, but it looks like Medicare paid-to the tune of $11K; you need to call Medicare ASAP! "  Now I'm PISSED!
Call Medicare and explain to the CSR, who also inquires about surgery on my leg(s); again I deny, claiming fake assery.  Turns out the claim was a medical goods supplier, the claim was for specialized dressings to be used post surgery; charged initially in July and duplicated in August, and "yes, we paid the claim" .  CSR took my statement regarding claim being as fake as a 3 dollar bill and transfers call to Claims Dept.  That CSR  verifies the information, and tags my file in case they try to claim again, etc.  "Thank you, you've been very helpful, etc." , call terminated.

Next step is wait to see if supplier tries to bill me for difference.  If they do, that's potentially 3 offenses, the first two of which can be construed as Federal felonies.  If I do see a bill from these fukks, then it's on like Donkey Kong!     :rantoff:

Edited by pjbear05, 06 October 2021 - 03:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users