What pissed you off today?

• Please log in to reply
7312 replies to this topic

#41 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 07:32 PM

It's way down on the other end of the street.  One of the other neighbors, who lives next door to the tweaker, alerted me.  He's done a lot of researching on the guy and has called the cops.  The police came, were permitted into the house, and saw nothing to indicate they might need to search further.  confused13.gif   But they have opened a case file on it just in case.   And at least we know there's not a lab in there (those are apparently REALLY obvious because of the smell).  So we aren't in danger of getting blown up in the middle of the night.

The neighbor who told me about it isn't giving up - he is contacting some attorneys to find out if he can at least pursue a "nuisance" angle regarding all of the traffic.  

Sponsored Post

#42 Rush Cocky

Rush Cocky

Go Cocks!

• Members
  • 11865 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 07:21 PM)
Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street.  And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I used to have that problem.  Guy lived 3 doors down.  The guy NEXT DOOR to me used to "train" pit bulls, if you know what I mean.

I moved.

The pit bull thing was the last straw, as I had a 2-year-old and was not about to subject him to the possibility of one those things getting loose while playing in the back yard.

#43 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9862 posts
  • Interests:Being a covers band hack
    hillwalking
    Just about anything in the great outdoors

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jun 7 2010, 12:14 AM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 6 2010, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ May 28 2010, 12:26 AM)
Omg...
My possesive baby of a (now ex) bandmate. eh.gif
Frick's sakes...

So did your band break up? That's a shame

Yeah, well the drummer (Paul) left a while ago and we got a new one. But Paul invited me to play with his new band, but the singer/guitarist (Andy) in the old band didn't like that. eyesre4.gif I was quite happy to play in both bands, but Andy told me to choose, basically. wacko.gif So I chose the other band.
I wouldn't have told Andy at all, except the reheasal with Paul's band was straight after the one with Andy's, therefore Andy didn't have to drive me home.

b_sigh.gif

Anyway, I'm with a new band now. tongue.gif

What an idiot..he screwed things up by pressuring you.

Anyway, onwards and upwards....what about the new band? different line up or same? what stuff you playing?

Any links?

#44 Merely Space

Merely Space

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3951 posts
  • Interests:Acting, music, gaming, model making, military history.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 06:21 PM)
Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street.  And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

But think how convenient that will be the next time you have to do 3rd shift stuff for work!   biggrin.gif  

#45 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 7 2010, 06:02 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 07:21 PM)
Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street.  And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I used to have that problem.  Guy lived 3 doors down.  The guy NEXT DOOR to me used to "train" pit bulls, if you know what I mean.

I moved.

The pit bull thing was the last straw, as I had a 2-year-old and was not about to subject him to the possibility of one those things getting loose while playing in the back yard.

The pit bull "trainer" would scare me more than the meth dealer I think! Those dogs are trained to kill.

Growing up, there was some kind of drug dealer who lived two houses down from us. I always suspected he was dealing heroin. He would have the shadiest people going in and out at all hours of the day. And these people did not look good. All were super skinny, hadn't bathed in months, and had nasty sores all over their faces. It was gross. One night police came and were screaming at him to get out of the house, down on the ground, yada yada yada. It was scary. And, someone tried twice to break into our home. The third time they tried, my mom was home.

Yeah, no fun living close to drug dealers. Mara, I would do whatever it took to get that person out of there.

#46 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17164 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:19 AM

My head hurts from yesterday................... trink38.gif  

#47 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 07 June 2010 - 11:50 AM

Everything!

#48 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:36 PM

Husband has broken collarbone.  Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.
He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical.  Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

#49 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2010, 01:36 PM)
Husband has broken collarbone.  Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.
He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical.  Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

Ahh, jeez...

Some men just won't grow up, huh?

#50 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 7 2010, 03:14 PM)
Husband has broken collarbone.  Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.
He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical.  Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

Ahh, jeez...

wink.gif
Yep.  He WANTS to have surgery to plate it, which will take care of the pain.  Not necessary. It will heal fine on its own, with just a cosmetic bump.  It's just going to hurt a lot for a while.
I NEED surgery, which I am not having because right now we cannot afford the ridiculous deductible on our insurance policy.  Really don't want to finance surgery, but if we have to, it will be MY non-negotiable operation.  

So suck it up, buttercup.  You've got codeine, take it.  I know this sounds harsh, but it was SO preventable in so many ways.  And yeah, I did tear a chunk out of his ass over it today, and yeah, I feel like a jerk about it.  

#51 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 7 2010, 02:23 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 7 2010, 03:14 PM)
Husband has broken collarbone. Normally this is not the kind of thing that would piss me off, but he was doing something he'd promised NOT to do (because it's dangerous) and this is the end result.
He works for himself, does not carry disability insurance, and his job is physical. Right now I am seeing red. . .(and not in the mood for lyrical references from a certain Grace Under Pressure song either).

Ahh, jeez...

wink.gif
Yep.  He WANTS to have surgery to plate it, which will take care of the pain.  Not necessary. It will heal fine on its own, with just a cosmetic bump.  It's just going to hurt a lot for a while.
I NEED surgery, which I am not having because right now we cannot afford the ridiculous deductible on our insurance policy.  Really don't want to finance surgery, but if we have to, it will be MY non-negotiable operation.  

So suck it up, buttercup.  You've got codeine, take it.  I know this sounds harsh, but it was SO preventable in so many ways.  And yeah, I did tear a chunk out of his ass over it today, and yeah, I feel like a jerk about it.

Sounds like said chunk needed to be torn...  I wouldn't feel too bad about fussing over what was a preventable injury.

#52 TullSkull

TullSkull

Minstrel of the Cannibus

• Members
  • 6948 posts
  • Interests:Good Ol' Rock n Roll and Skiing

Posted 07 June 2010 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 6 2010, 05:21 PM)
Discovering that we've a convicted meth dealer living on our street.  And he has LOTS of visitors, at all hours.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

waffen093.gif  MethHeads   ohmy.gif  Did I say that?  yes.gif  
I'm dealing with 2 meth heads right now and the grandkids are involved. Meth Head Will Lose!

#53 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9862 posts
    hillwalking

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 3 2010, 09:32 PM)
Oh, and then getting home to discover the husband had turned off the baby monitor because he didn't want to listen to junior #2 cry.... going to get another can of whoop ass for when that man gets home from work today.

I hope I've got this out of context and there's more to it.

But that is staggeringly awful! What the hell was he thinking?

Honestly, words fail me........

#54 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 07 June 2010 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 7 2010, 03:50 PM)
Oh, and then getting home to discover the husband had turned off the baby monitor because he didn't want to listen to junior #2 cry.... going to get another can of whoop ass for when that man gets home from work today.

I admit I thought the same thing...what if the baby had been in trouble?

sad.gif

#55 Fridge

Fridge

The Freezable Fridge™

• Members *
  • 9862 posts
    hillwalking

Posted 07 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 7 2010, 09:58 PM)

sad.gif

Not to mention, if your child is crying, it's usually a good idea to at least take a look to find out why confused13.gif

Janie, please don't take offense...I'm sure I've read this wrong, and there is more to it.

Edited by Fridge, 07 June 2010 - 04:33 PM.

#56 Janie

Janie

Rush Caption Queen

• Members *
  • 16549 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jun 7 2010, 02:13 PM)

sad.gif

Not to mention, if your child is crying, it's usually a good idea to at least take a look to find out why confused13.gif

Janie, please don't take offense...I'm sure I've read this wrong, and there is more to it.

Nope. You have it right. Unfortunately. I'm still so mad at him I can barely see straight.  

#57 circumstantial tree

circumstantial tree

The Movie Star

• Members *
  • 20795 posts
  • Interests:architecture, North Carolina culture, classic TV, biographies, skating, music, fine arts, Italian cuisine, striped tube socks. Starred in "Beyond the Lighted Stage" as a fan.

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

Well, the administration at my school isn't very helpful. My GPA is 2.5 but I have to have a 2.7 in grad school in order to get financial aid.

Tried to register for a summer course to raise my GPA up to that minimum so I can go full time again in the Fall. Delays, delays, delays!

I want my diploma yesterday so I can get on with life!

#58 In A Tidewater Surge

In A Tidewater Surge

Rushaholic

• Banned
  • 1749 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

Rush hates me.

Nevermind.. the order went through biggrin.gif

Edited by In A Tidewater Surge, 07 June 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#59 TullSkull

TullSkull

Minstrel of the Cannibus

• Members
  • 6948 posts
  • Interests:Good Ol' Rock n Roll and Skiing

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 7 2010, 05:03 PM)

sad.gif

Nope. You have it right. Unfortunately. I'm still so mad at him I can barely see straight.

Well I had something that pissed me off I was going to post till I seen this and now this is IT!!!!!

wtf.gif  What part of > "The Kids Are First" don't he get?  fing.gif
Glad the baby is OK!!! That's All... Kick his ass mom..

#60 GeddyLeefan2112

GeddyLeefan2112

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1342 posts
  • Interests:Video games, Geddy Lee, not being at work

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 7 2010, 06:03 PM)

sad.gif

If my man ever did that he wouldn't be able to WALK straight.

angry.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users