A comic book movie I'd like to see

Well with all these comic book movies that have been made, and are being made it's always pretty much super hero movies. Superman, Spiderman, Fantastic 4, Iron man, The Hulk, etc.... the list goes on. There have been some non-superhero movies, like Howard the duck, Richie Rich, Casper, Denis the menace, etc....

I think Marmaduke will end up being a good comic book movie IMO, that I will really enjoy watching. I really like Garfield so I imagine Marmaduke will be a hoot.

Back to the original topic of the thread.

The one comic book movie that I would really love to see is Archie. I never understood it's appeal, or why I loved reading Archie, but I really loved reading the mundane adventures of Archie Andrews and his crew. A big budget Archie movie would kick ass IMO.

What do you think?

Is there even a market for that? Those under 30 would probably barely know it. And I've never heard anyone over 30 talking about it. The only Archie reference (in film or 'real world') I've ever heard (besides your post) was in Chasing Amy...and that's because it was coming from the fan boy of all fan boys, Kevin Smith.

I read a couple of Archie comics eons ago and it didn't do a thing for me. Oh well

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 7 2010, 09:37 PM)
Not interested myself.

Moon Knight, however, would be bad-ass.

Yeah, I think so too. Though I think many would see too many parallels with Batman. Funnily, at the time I saw Memento about 10 years ago I thought that the star (Guy Pearce) would make an awesome Moon Knight and this director (an unknown Christopher Nolan) would also be a good match. 5 years later Nolan went far beyond that and made a darker knight. 1022.gif

And I agree again, Micronauts could work. Just please no Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich-type bullshit director

Non Superhero comic book movies blow Donkey balls. atickhum.gif

Marmaduke is probably the equivalent of bamboo under finger nails. not quite but close.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 7 2010, 07:58 AM)

Marmaduke is probably the equivalent of bamboo under finger nails. not quite but close.

Pshhh... Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is gunna be sick.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 7 2010, 01:07 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jun 7 2010, 07:58 AM)

Pshhh... Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is gunna be sick.

I keep seeing little trailers and it looks like so much fun.

I keep hearing there will be a Preacher movie, but it never gets off the ground. I think that comic can be translated. It would be amazing.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jun 7 2010, 06:08 AM)
Is there even a market for that? Those under 30 would probably barely know it. And I've never heard anyone over 30 talking about it. The only Archie reference (in film or 'real world') I've ever heard (besides your post) was in Chasing Amy...and that's because it was coming from the fan boy of all fan boys, Kevin Smith.
I read a couple of Archie comics eons ago and it didn't do a thing for me. Oh well

The still sell Archie comics. But instead of being the comic book size there are now like paperback sized, and they are called Archie Digest. The stories are still the same style. Just modernized.

In the image below look at the date

http://www.img.archiecomics.com/covers/ad263.650.jpg

My brother was a rabid Archie fan. I would be reading my superhero stuff and making fun of my older brother for reading Archie and Richie Rich and silly stuff like that.

BUT... when I'd be done with my stuff, I couldn't keep my hands off his "silly stuff". I have always been a closet Archie fan. z7shysterical.gif

It would be a great movie. There was a live action television adaptation in the late seventies if i'm not mistaken. It was probably pretty lame.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jun 9 2010, 10:34 AM)
My brother was a rabid Archie fan. I would be reading my superhero stuff and making fun of my older brother for reading Archie and Richie Rich and silly stuff like that.

BUT... when I'd be done with my stuff, I couldn't keep my hands off his "silly stuff". I have always been a closet Archie fan. z7shysterical.gif

It would be a great movie. There was a live action television adaptation in the late seventies if i'm not mistaken. It was probably pretty lame.

I believe you are right. I remember seeing a real life Archie show when I was a kid. It didn't last very long, and I think you are right on point about it being lame.