Has anyone ever seen Neil.....

rickyrob

...really mess up!

I notice he is now quite proficient at throwing his sticks in the air and catching them. I always remember first seeing the boys in Manchester in '78 and he must have had a large supply of spare sticks, as his success rate was about 50% in those days. laugh.gif

But has anyone ever seen him muck up completely, either doing this or just playing generally?

I was hoping for more than "really mess up" as the ending to that question...

smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 4 2005, 01:51 PM)

smile.gif

Has anyone seen Neil in the buff...

...alo New York area before? laugh.gif

Guest Quigley_Moog
I went to the Phoenix R30 tour and I can't remember Neil tossing his sticks at all. I hope to God he would never mess up. It would probably throw off the whole song.

QUOTE (pinkfloyd1973 @ Apr 4 2005, 04:01 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 4 2005, 01:51 PM)

smile.gif

Has anyone seen Neil in the buff...

...alo New York area before? laugh.gif

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

Well, sort of...

PF!!! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

There are certain songs - 2112, YYZ, The Weapon, Witch Hunt, Closer to the Heart and Freewill where Neil throws a stick up in the air, usually at the same point in each song.

On the Roll the Bones tour in Glasgow in 1992, the opening chords of Freewill started and I knew he would throw the stick up, catch it and twirl it. Unfortunately, he failed to catch it but it didn't have any obvious effect on the song.

It did show that he is human and no one is perfect.

I just saw Neil on the cover of my husbands BMW magazine .

there is a great article about his adventures on his bike. Just came in the mail today and my husband gave it up so i could read it first.

IN Vegas on the R30 tour, Neil messed up during Earthshine... After the first chorus, when he should have paused, he kept playing... It screwed the rythem of the song. Took them a few seconds to get back on track.. When he did it, Alex' head snapped around and looked at him like "wtf was that?? you never mess up!"

I have the boot to prove it. 1287.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 5 2005, 12:51 AM)
IN Vegas on the R30 tour, Neil messed up during Earthshine... After the first chorus, when he should have paused, he kept playing... It screwed the rythem of the song. Took them a few seconds to get back on track.. When he did it, Alex' head snapped around and looked at him like "wtf was that?? you never mess up!"

I have the boot to prove it. 1287.gif

That's RIGHT! I knew one of the shows I went to, he messed up during Earthshine.

Of course, I was too excited to care. smile.gif

I'm trying to figure out if this is a goof or a new ritual. On the RiR DVD, at the end of Ghost Rider, Neil takes one of his sticks and breaks it twice, tossing it to the side.

I wasn't sure if the stick broke while performing the song, so he broke it up. Or if it's some sort of new ritual after finishing that song, like breaking the stick once each for Selena and Jackie.

QUOTE (Arndrake @ Apr 5 2005, 06:31 AM)
I'm trying to figure out if this is a goof or a new ritual. On the RiR DVD, at the end of Ghost Rider, Neil takes one of his sticks and breaks it twice, tossing it to the side.

I wasn't sure if the stick broke while performing the song, so he broke it up. Or if it's some sort of new ritual after finishing that song, like breaking the stick once each for Selena and Jackie.

Yeah I noticed that aswell...

I just assumed the stick broke during the performance

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Apr 5 2005, 04:46 AM)

That's what I figure, by breaking them cleanly, no chance they will make it back in the mix. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Apr 5 2005, 06:46 AM)

Same for me.

Archived