The Masters Version 2005

Midway Hawker

The Masters will be gearing up this week... Unfortunately, with all the rain in the south-east, the Bell South is just finishing up today (and only 54 holes at that!!)..

I sure hope the rain will stop long enough to get in the Masters in by Sunday... This is probably my favorite sporting event of the year.

trink38.gif

Mickelson wins the Bell South!!!!

I smell a two-peat this week at the Masters!!

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/gen/img/apr04/phil411b.jpg

If he wins it this year, I hope he worked on that "jump" thing...

laugh.gif

Where's the Golf fans??? First major of the year, and my favorite! Who are you picking this week? I'm going with Phil. Then Ernie. Then V.J. I don't think Tiger gunna do it... Should be an incredible week!!

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 5 2005, 11:29 PM)
Where's the Golf fans??? First major of the year, and my favorite! Who are you picking this week? I'm going with Phil. Then Ernie. Then V.J. I don't think Tiger gunna do it... Should be an incredible week!!

trink38.gif

Handicapping the Masters is a futile exercise. I've seen enough of these pools at work, and it's such a crapshoot. Phil is playing well right now, and you can never ever count Tiger out. There are always a number of guys who have good records at Augusta over the years, like Olazabal or Langer or any number of guys who knows how to play that course. Jack Nicklaus used to be able to play it in his sleep, and he won it in 1986, and damn near won it in the late 90s with an incredible run at the end. I was really rooting for the old guy to do it that year.

Otherwise, watch out for a former greenskeeper named Carl Spackler...

yeah, Jack was my childhood hero.... When he won in 1986, I cried and cried and cried! fists crying.gif That was something really special..

I'm not counting Tiger out.. I just think Phil and Ernie and V.J. are playing too well right now... All four of these guys finish in the top 10 at Augusta like clock work.. It doesn't mean one of them will win.. That is the beauty of Golf... Anyone who tee's it up on Thursday can win...

http://www.golfing.it/pga/images/masters.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Apr 10 2005, 07:06 PM)
I was happy for Tiger ... but I was going for Dimarco. Eitherway, it was a great finish. That shot that dropped in after stopping was a great moment.

yeah, I agree wit ya.. I just wanted to see someone beside Tiger...

DiMarco had his chances.....

QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 10 2005, 07:13 PM)
QUOTE (Earthshine @ Apr 6 2005, 01:58 AM)
yeah, Jack was my childhood hero....    When he won in 1986, I cried and cried and cried!

[supersized]cat.gif[supersized]

trink38.gif

19.gif upyours.gif

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Apr 10 2005, 09:06 PM)
I was happy for Tiger ... but I was going for Dimarco.

yeah at first i was like "wtf" with that move dimarco made ealier and i'm sure it pissed off tiger. then they crossed paths and i was glued to the set. what a battle. great golf at one point with many holes left to play.

i wish dimarco would have won because if i were part of the augusta club, it would be cooler to hang out with demarco because his presence would speak volumes about the win yes.gif

Archived