I Feel Sick To My Stomach! Jim Joyce Better Get A

RUSHHEAD666

I can't believe the blown call by first base umpire Jim Joyce.

He ruined another Perfect Game tonight in Detroit. I can't believe my eyes.

The runner was out by a step. This will be on ESPN all night.

ARMANDO GOT SCREWED!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU TIGER FANS?

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 08:51 PM)
I can't believe the blown call by first base umpire Jim Joyce.

He ruined another Perfect Game tonight in Detroit. I can't believe my eyes.

The runner was out by a step. This will be on ESPN all night.

ANTONIO GOT SCREWED!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU TIGER FANS?

ESPN all night? Dang try forever. YouTube as well. At least Don Denkinger now has company.

I was gonna start a thread, but then I lost Internet thanks to a storm here. I was watching the end of the game, and I couldn't believe the call. Probably the worst feeling I've had this year after watching baseball.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 2 2010, 06:07 PM)
I was gonna start a thread, but then I lost Internet thanks to a storm here. I was watching the end of the game, and I couldn't believe the call. Probably the worst feeling I've had this year after watching baseball.

I was so disgusted I had to write about it instantly. I love my MLB Baseball Package! I'm addicted, and I'm in third place in my Fantasy League. I have Ubaldo baby!

Anyway, I am in a state of shock. There have never been three perfect games in the same season.

I can't believe I'm taking this so hard. I hate the Tigers. They swept my A's in the ALCS not to long ago.

sad.gif

It wouldn't surprise me if a couple of angry drunk Tigers fans break Jim's legs in the parking lot tonight.

That dude better spend the night in the Visitors clubhouse.

I heard some announcers tonight talking about it. Bud Selig does have the authority to reverse the call if indeed he thinks it's "good for baseball."

I surely hope he does reverse it, but it is Bud. A total moron.

I read Jim Joyce's quote about the call. Even he admits he was wrong.

What a TOOL.

Selig better do it. This is a perfect game we're talking about here, not just any game.

Yeah, he blew the call big time!! But to be fair, he feels horrible about the blown call. I was impressed with his statement. And he did talk to the pitcher after seeing the replay. Just put yourself in his shoes after that. You would just feel sick and have to deal with all of the heat tomorrow ect. It was a perfect game and we all know it. We are all human and tomorrow is a better day! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 2 2010, 08:23 PM)
Selig better do it. This is a perfect game we're talking about here, not just any game.

Tim, Selig better shit or get off the pot on this one. This could actually shine some light on his dark career.

This son of a bitch needs to reverse the call. They use instant replay for home runs, well they need to use it on the kid's perfect game.

Jim Joyce needs to be suspended and then has to go back to Umpire School.

I hope that jackass can't sleep tonight. He better have security watching his hotel room door and windows.

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 2 2010, 08:24 PM)
It wasn't even close, what will baseball do about this if something like this happens again.

http://www.twitvid.com/TBJQN

If he feels so horrible about the call then Jim better get on the phone with Bud and work out a deal to REVERSE THE CALL!!

It won't happen and what's just as bad he doesn't get the no hitter either. Just messed up all around but the kid is handling it all with some grace under pressure.

QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 2 2010, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 2 2010, 11:06 PM)
QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 2 2010, 08:24 PM)
It wasn't even close, what will baseball do about this if something like this happens again.

http://www.twitvid.com/TBJQN

If he feels so horrible about the call then Jim better get on the phone with Bud and work out a deal to REVERSE THE CALL!!

It won't happen and what's just as bad he doesn't get the no hitter either. Just messed up all around but the kid is handling it all with some grace under pressure.

No doubt. This really bugs the hell out of me. I'm glad I have somewhere to type about it.

I just saw the ESPN "lowlight" of the call. They looped over many announcers from around the League and they ALL thought it was a horrific call.

I know I am just a loud mouthed piehole on the planet but this kid deserves to have that call changed.

Fuckkkk petitions, it's all about the Bud Selig call.

If that prick wants to fix his PR image, then he better "DO THE RIGHT THING!"

Love,

Spike Lee

Had the game on the radio at work, even Indians broadcaster Tom Hamilton was p- off at the blown call.

But, to be relentless pounding Joyce about this not right. He realized he made a monumental error, and was truly crushed by it.

btw seen on ESPN Jim Joyce considered one of the best in the league, just made a terrible HUMAN mistake.

Edited by softfilter

I will be surprised if the call is reversed. The only other time I can remember umpire's call being overturned by a higher-up in baseball was the Pine Tar Incident. It was the American League president, not the commissioner, who overruled the umpire and ordered the game to be finished.

Selig probably will say the call was unfortunate, but it stands. Still, the Tigers should file a protest to make it official.

I read on the Detroit Free Press site where there may be video proof Gallaraga bobbled the ball while covering first. The official scorekeeper can review the video on it and change his ruling from a hit to an error. He has up to 24 hours after the end of the game in question to reverse his decision.

The scorekeeping change would give Gallaraga a no-hitter, but no perfect game. The scorekeeper doesn't have the authority to overturn an umpire's call.

I know how Jim Joyce is feeling right now. I was once a youth soccer referee, and the calls I missed stand out more than the good ones. I'm still kicking myself over one particular call I made in a game eight years ago. When you miss a call, you do you exactly what Joyce did last night. First, you keep your composure during the remainder of the game and especially when people are in your face yelling at you. After the game, you review the play in question in your head and try to remember exactly what you saw with your own eyes before you made the call. If you know you got it wrong, you admit your mistake, apologize and learn from it.

Believe me, that call will run an never-ending loop in Jim Joyce's mind the rest of his life.

Edited by tupelobarchetta

Where's Rush Cocky?

Must be still in a state of shock. ohmy.gif tongue.gif

I just saw the pre-game activities in Detroit. Jim Joyce is the home plate umpire today. The Tigers had Gallaraga bring out the line-up for todays game. You could see Joyce was very emotional in the moment.