OFFICIAL Caravan and BU2B reaction thread

Presto-digitation

I'm laughing thinking about Geddy's response to that ridiculous "Isn't it about time you guys hung it up and let some younger bands take over?" question at the Hall of Fame induction.

These guys are 56, 56, and 57 years old and they have chunks of younger bands in their stool.

They're superheroes. That's the only explanation. smile.gif

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn, the intro to caravan had me thinking for a second that i downloaded the wrong tunes....and then it f*cking kicks the f*ck in

f*ck. did i say F*CK yet

edge slightly to Brought Up To Believe but only cuz im in a sythn groove like its 1984. F*ck

F*CK

phuck

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 31 2010, 10:28 PM)
damn, the intro to caravan had me thinking for a second that i downloaded the wrong tunes....and then it f*cking kicks the f*ck in

f*ck. did i say F*CK yet

edge slightly to Brought Up To Believe but only cuz im in a sythn groove like its 1984. F*ck

F*CK

phuck

We had some good exchanges on S&A back when. Glad you're enjoying...! smile.gif

First track "Caravan" harkens back to "Counterparts" soundwise, fairly heavy, melodic chorus.

No "Choir" of Geddy backing vocals AT ALL, interesting intro, fantastic stop start main riff, plenty of Peart, synths in the background, I also think I can hear some Taurus buried in the mix.

Geddy busts out a flamenco bass break half way that leads into a big riff fest with Lerxt and a single note Far Cry style solo.

Later is the real solo.....Recorded As a THREE piece!

The refrain "I can't stop thinking big" while it may make you snigger on paper, I guarantee will really get under your skin.

Second track "BU2B" (Brought up to Believe)

Heavy riff, vocals similar in style to "Caravan" vocal melody and structure reminds me of "Trust" by Megadeth.

Not bad but not as strong as "Caravan" all round

The linear notes (You get a PDF booklet if you download the tracks together) state that these are the the first two parts of "Clockwork Angels"

Which makes me think....CONCEPT album, with that said there is a thread both musically and lyrically between the two tracks.

So to recapitulate, new Rush= VERY good Rush.

Probably slightly better than Snakes and Arrows to my mind, up there with counterparts but as ever its going to take time.

"Clockwork" required It should read on the cover.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 31 2010, 11:24 PM)
I just saw this post on the CP forum.

I'll just echo it for my reaction:

Dear other bands:
U suck...this is how u do it...
Love,
RUSHHHHHHHHH

laugh.gif

1022.gif

Oh, yeah! cool.gif

Love 'em both with an edge to BU2B. I see a lot of the same strong melodic writing that was in areas of S&A. Really enjoyed these songs and looking forward to singing them at the shows.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 31 2010, 10:37 PM)
I'm hearing parts that remind me of Peaceable Kingdom.

That was one of the early "rumors" from "someone" who'd heard them. I hear that too.

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ May 31 2010, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 31 2010, 11:24 PM)
I just saw this post on the CP forum.

I'll just echo it for my reaction:

Dear other bands:
U suck...this is how u do it...
Love,
RUSHHHHHHHHH

laugh.gif

1022.gif

Oh, yeah! cool.gif

Hell, yes!

i've only heard caravan but i like it alot. it's in your face and all over the place. i haven't listened to bu2b but after reading the lyrics i'm disappointed because i'm sick of listening to neils bs or view on things he's already hit on. i'll have to check out the music tomorrow. Edited by ReflectedLight

I'm nearly f***ing speechless and overjoyed at the sheer ass-kickery that is Caravan. Just...wow.

BU2B has great energy and Neil has a sick fill at the end. This song is heavy and kicks ass AND there is no Geddy Lee Chorale Experience anywhere in sight.

Rush f***ing rocks!!

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 31 2010, 10:50 PM)
I'm nearly f***ing speechless and overjoyed at the sheer ass-kickery that is Caravan. Just...wow.

BU2B has great energy and Neil has a sick fill at the end. This song is heavy and kicks ass AND there is no Geddy Lee Chorale Experience anywhere in sight.

Rush f***ing rocks!!

LOVE the Geddly Lee Choral Experience. biggrin.gif Nice..! LMAO

Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 31 2010, 10:41 PM)
So if this is what they sound like now what happens when they record the rest of the album after they get their "touring chops" as Geddy had mentioned? laugh.gif

I was thinking as I listened that if this is the type of album they want to make, it's good that they want to sharpen their chops to a finely honed edge by touring before the bulk of the recording.