Cincinnati Reds

nappy2112

The Redlegs have struggled this year , but the future is bright I believe.

Went to the game Saturday as they came from behind to beat the Nats 8-5.

To me it was worth the price of admission just to see the bullpen doors fly open and Chapman (who seems to be 10 FT. tall) come out like a rock star and proceed to throw 102 mph.

Oh and it was Billy Hamilton bobblehead day , he actually did good, TV does not do his speed justice ,,,WOW !

To me it was worth the price of admission just to see the bullpen doors fly open and Chapman (who seems to be 10 FT. tall) come out like a rock star and proceed to throw 102 mph.

Oh and it was Billy Hamilton bobblehead day , he actually did good, TV does not do his speed justice ,,,WOW !

Sweeping the Nats has to feel real good. Sorry to say you'll have to enjoy the basement with the Brewers this season.

Sweeping the Nats has to feel real good. Sorry to say you'll have to enjoy the basement with the Brewers this season.

Please tell me what that's like ? ;)

• Like 1

Please tell me what that's like ? ;)

:laughing guy:

RIP Eddie Milner.

IMO in my 43 years of watching the Reds Eddie was second to only Cesar Geronimo in CF.

Haven't heard that name in forever... :rose:

He was a damned good ball player. Had a great smile.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_q90xtCIL-14/SxNMFn1KDAI/AAAAAAAAACE/vGKBSH8f7gk/s1600/milnereddie2.jpg

• Like 1

Pete Rose to be inducted into the Reds HOF

https://twitter.com/...417409896120320

Well at least we have that to look forward to this year.

This will be interesting, as he is still banned from MLB. The Reds and the League will be butting heads.

This will be interesting, as he is still banned from MLB. The Reds and the League will be butting heads.

I don't fully know how the process works with the HOF stuff. Does the League actually have a say who gets in an individual team's HOF (not the MLB HOF) or is that entirely up the Reds?

I don't fully know how the process works with the HOF stuff. Does the League actually have a say who gets in an individual team's HOF (not the MLB HOF) or is that entirely up the Reds?

As I understand the rule, when a player is banned from the League, he may not participate in any official team activity - playing, coaching, managing, front office, etc. The League has given Rose special permission to participate in some ceremonial events, but not many.

If he's not eligible for MLB's Hall of Fame, then they may object to his induction into the Reds' Hall of Fame.

Stay tuned!!

As I understand the rule, when a player is banned from the League, he may not participate in any official team activity - playing, coaching, managing, front office, etc. The League has given Rose special permission to participate in some ceremonial events, but not many.

If he's not eligible for MLB's Hall of Fame, then they may object to his induction into the Reds' Hall of Fame.

Stay tuned!!

My guess is that the commish approved or they wouldn't be promoting it. :huh:

Good for Pete. MLB and their holier than thou stance are now completely meaningless as they let doping lead to the capture of some of baseball's most coveted records. I don't share the commissioners view that Pete has not atoned sufficiently, that's nonsense. I chuckle at this show of "integrity" (quotes intended) by the league. If Bonds holds the HR record and remains active in MLB, then banning Pete is an empty gesture. Good for the Reds for doing the right thing.
  • Like 2

Good for Pete. MLB and their holier than thou stance are now completely meaningless as they let doping lead to the capture of some of baseball's most coveted records. I don't share the commissioners view that Pete has not atoned sufficiently, that's nonsense. I chuckle at this show of "integrity" (quotes intended) by the league. If Bonds holds the HR record and remains active in MLB, then banning Pete is an empty gesture. Good for the Reds for doing the right thing.

This is what happens when a rule evolves into Doctrine. The fear of another Black Sox scandal has, over the past century, made MLB develop a quasi-religious doctrine regarding gambling. Pete Rose is literally Satan in the eyes of MLB, as he was caught betting on baseball games. It's still going to take a while for him to be reinstated.....assuming that it ever happens. The self-righteous baseball sportswriters will take even longer to forgive him.

Scooter Gennett just hit four home runs (one a Grand Slam), had five hits, and 10 RBI's in a game tonight vs the Cardinals. That's a first overall in MLB history. 13 players in history have hit 4 home runs in a game, but none have had the 5 hits and so many RBI's. Congrats Scooter! BTW that is the first time in Reds history any Red has ever hit four home runs in a game.
  • Like 1

Scooter Gennett just hit four home runs (one a Grand Slam), had five hits, and 10 RBI's in a game tonight vs the Cardinals. That's a first overall in MLB history. 13 players in history have hit 4 home runs in a game, but none have had the 5 hits and so many RBI's. Congrats Scooter! BTW that is the first time in Reds history any Red has ever hit four home runs in a game.

Good for Scooter! Brewer fans liked him a lot, but he was the odd man out in the team's rebuild. He has some good power. :ebert: