What are you reading?

• Please log in to reply
6063 replies to this topic

#6061 Rhyta

Rhyta

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2414 posts
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted 15 October 2021 - 01:12 AM

View PostRhyta, on 12 October 2021 - 02:33 AM, said:

I usually read several books at one time, usually an audio and a print book.  Right now I am working on Next to Last Stand but I happened to begin listening to Becoming Superman by J. Michael Straczynski.

I love Babylon 5 so I got the book right after it came out a few years ago.  I had forgotten I had it on audio and started listening a couple of nights ago.  OMG, I cannot believe the stories about his childhood, it is amazing he is a functional adult after hearing some of the events he describes.  I also love that Peter Jurasik (Londo Mollari) is narrating it.  Having to listen in bits, it is both fascinating and upsetting at the same time.

The actual title of the book is Becoming Superman: A Writer's Journey from Poverty to Hollywood with Stops Along the Way at Murder, Madness, Mayhem, Movie Stars, Cults, Slums, Sociopaths, and War Crimes.

I thought it was a bit over the top but it has proven to be a good description.  His family emigrated from Russia and there are family secrets being hinted at that are appalling.  I listened to 2 chapters last night and had to quit and have a good cry when his father poisoned his stray cat :scared: :(.  He writes so well and I have to know how he got out of that hell hole of a childhood, I will finish reading it...

Sponsored Post

#6062 Turbine Freight

Turbine Freight

Many Happy Returns

• Members *
  • 9214 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:32 PM

Craig Johnson - Death Without Company

#6063 Chicken hawk

Chicken hawk

The Sphere

• Members
  • 9803 posts
  • Interests:The Ocean . concerts, ball games, bicycling.

Posted 17 October 2021 - 12:36 PM

I just got done reading this one.   A PLUS

Posted Image

#6064 Jack Aubrey

Jack Aubrey

The Gun Crank

• 22409 posts
  • Interests:Studying Scripture, movies, reading, military history, target shooting, drums and percussion, temperate, jungle, desert, arctic, and urban survival, saltwater fishing, playing with and training my dogs Sam and River, prepping and tactical training.

Posted 20 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

Mike Rowe, The Way I Heard It.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users