What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Just started Do You Feel Like I Do? Frampton's memoir. Hoo, boy, right at the start:

"Let me tell you one thing -if Peter Frampton does not play, first I kill you, then I kill Peter Frampton". Local promoter in Panama City, Panama, to Peter's road manager. The night before, their cargo plane, carrying their gear, crashed leaving the runway in Caracas, Venezuela, destroying everything, including ( Or so Peter believed at the time) his main axe- his '54 triple pickup Les Paul. They couldn't find gear to play the venue, and the road manager had just informed the promoter-a very good friend of Manuel Noriega-that Pete couldn't play which led to the threats.

Siddown and strap in, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

ExALC8em.jpg

Ian Hunter was the lead singer for Mott the Hoople and this is his tour diary from the 70's. It's kind of like Neil's book Roadshow; it has that level of detail but instead of being disappointed in everything Hunter is always bemused by we strange Americans. :) It's been interesting so far. Not much sex and drugs but instead a lot of rock n roll mishaps and searching of pawn shops in every city for used Les Paul's and Gibsons.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Finished Frampton's memoir, yeah that's a keeper.

The highs, the lows.

The crest of fame with Frampton Comes Alive.

The depths of economic despair (ripped off by scumbag manager Dee Anthony).

His fight against Inclusion Body Myositis.

And the throughout the book story on the loss and recovery of The Phenix (his '54 Les Paul).

The Bear highly recommends!

• Like 4

Just started Do You Feel Like I Do? Frampton's memoir. Hoo, boy, right at the start:

"Let me tell you one thing -if Peter Frampton does not play, first I kill you, then I kill Peter Frampton". Local promoter in Panama City, Panama, to Peter's road manager. The night before, their cargo plane, carrying their gear, crashed leaving the runway in Caracas, Venezuela, destroying everything, including ( Or so Peter believed at the time) his main axe- his '54 triple pickup Les Paul. They couldn't find gear to play the venue, and the road manager had just informed the promoter-a very good friend of Manuel Noriega-that Pete couldn't play which led to the threats.

Wow, that sounds crazy! Ok I just checked it out from the library. :yes:

I've been binging hard on graphic novels lately. I loved comic books as a kid and now that I'm in my 50's, I guess I'm getting a little sentimental and am trying to recapture a bit of my youth. Currently I'm reading Batman: White Knight.
  • Like 1

Really enjoying this book. Had no idea that Frampton was buddies with Bill Wyman and went on tours with the Who plus his dad taught David Bowie....pretty cool

• Like 2

Really enjoying this book. Had no idea that Frampton was buddies with Bill Wyman and went on tours with the Who plus his dad taught David Bowie....pretty cool

You guys made the book sound so good that I got it from the library as well! I'm about half way through and really enjoying it. What an interesting life. :)

• Like 1

Just finished City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong. I had a copy of it on my e-reader and just opened it up two nights ago. It is a thriller which is a change of pace for her, she has written a lot of paranormal stuff that I liked. This is a thriller/mystery and it doesn't disappoint.

Casey Duncan has a secret, she killed a man and got away with it. Or did she? When it seems her past may be catching up to her, an escape route appears. It appears ideal, leave your life behind to go to a place where you are safe from your secrets. She also has her friend Diana who needs to get away from an abusive ex-husband, so this chance comes for both of them to leave town and they take it.

She comes to Rockton (in Yukon Territory) as the newest member of the small law enforcement crew, a detective brought in to solve some missing persons/murders. The Sheriff makes it plain he doesn't like her so she has 6 months to tough it out and solve some local mysteries in the process. Everyone here has a past they want to escape so there are lots of suspicious characters, including the Sheriff himself. A taut thriller with many twists and turns. I didn't figure out who the culprit was, it truly was out of left field. Very well done. I just checked the second one out from the library.

• Like 3