What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

'Greenpeace Captain - Bizarre Wanderings on the Rainbow Warrior' by Peter Willcox.

I like to think of it as the polar [see what I did there??!! :)] opposite of any Trump-esque scrawlings!

;) G

The Cyclist Who Went Out in the Cold, Tim Moore.

British travel writer who rides the old "Iron Curtain" in Europe, on an old German shopping bike - the ones with a hinge and small wheels: The MIFA 900! (about 10,000 km, from Finland to the Baltic Sea).

Also just read French Revolutions, riding the route of the Tour De France without much practice, or ability - just a love of the history. Very out of shape, he writes about the historical cheats, the deaths, the funny. He suffers, greatly. But is chronically humorous.

He rode a bike with wooden wheels, lead a donkey along a Spanish pilgrimage route, has done lots of fascinating trips. Truly, his historical notes and research are amazing.

Edit: And The Cyclist listed above includes bits of Poland 1939, for sure. Lots of East/West history and talking to people, seeing old buildings and the people who's relatives were re-located, controlled, and such.

Edited by Bahamas

You won't believe it - the Bible. No idea what year it was written

The Bible (copyright 959-940 BCE, 525-500 BCE, 120-90 BCE, 60 CE, 65 CE, 68-75 CE, 95 CE, 240 CE, all rights reserved).

Or something like that! ;)

:P

Ps - tagline: "He's not the Messiah, he's a naughty boy!"

:LOL:

• Like 1

How many are there, now?

I have actually read one of them, end to end.

Just not sure it was the right one.

How many are there, now?

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Somewhere in Genesis. So far, I've seen Adam and Eve, cicumcisions, the Ark, a load of begatting, man marrying two women, female servants being bonked by him and popping babies out when they're in their 90s, with some living til well past their 100s and incest. :blink:

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1

Squeeze Me, by Carl Hiaasen. Skink is at it again!

Any good? The last Hiaasen I read was Bad Monkey.

Pretty funny. The President and his supporters, the Palm Beach socialite crowd, various lowlifes, The First Lady and the Secret Service Agent from her protective detail who are doing the horizontal bop, an errant tanning bed, ClintonTyree, a critter remover, and some real snakes.
  • Like 1

How many are there, now?

The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Somewhere in Genesis. So far, I've seen Adam and Eve, cicumcisions, the Ark, a load of begatting, man marrying two women, female servants being bonked by him and popping babies out when they're in their 90s, with some living til well past their 100s and incest. :blink:

That`s the best blurb for Bible I`ve ever seen :wub:
  • Like 1

How many are there, now?

:blush:
  • Like 1

How many are there, now?

Got to somewhere in Exodus, found the 10 Commandments; half of which I swear look different:

Me: It says nothing about coveting thy neighbour's ass.

Mr Babycat: (!)

Me: :LOL:

• Like 2

How many are there, now?

Got to somewhere in Exodus, found the 10 Commandments; half of which I swear look different:

Maybe you could remind me of the original ten... I may have slipped a little :whipgirl: since Sunday School when I was 5
  • Like 1

How many are there, now?

Maybe you could remind me of the original ten... I may have slipped a little :whipgirl: since Sunday School when I was 5

Brace yourself:

• You shall have no other gods before me.

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain, for the LORD your God will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.

You shall not murder.

You shall not commit adultery.

You shall not steal.

You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.

I see no ass coveting going on.

:blink: :P

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 2

How many are there, now?

Brace yourself:

You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You shall not take the name of the Lord in vain, for the LORD your God will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.

You shall not murder.

You shall not steal.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything that is your neighbor's.

3`s an absolute peach :notworthy:

How many are there, now?

Brace yourself:

You shall not murder.

You shall not steal.

The only ones I recognise is 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (all I remember reading for the 10th one was was "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass). I've no idea what 2 and 3 mean.

• Like 1

How many are there, now?

Brace yourself:

You shall not murder.

You shall not steal.

The only ones I recognise is 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (all I remember reading for the 10th one was was "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's ass). I've no idea what 2 and 3 mean.

Well I hope you`re living to them, the ones you understand! I`m much better than I thought - I`ve totally nailed No. 10, as they have a wasp`s nest, and No. 6 - I haven`t murdered anyone for ages.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

How many are there, now?

Brace yourself:

You shall not murder.

You shall not steal.

Well I hope you`re living to them, the ones you understand! I`m much better than I thought - I`ve totally nailed No. 10, as they have a wasp`s nest, and No. 6 - I haven`t murdered anyone for ages.

The ones I do understand - no worries. :)