Jump to content


What are you reading?


  • Please log in to reply
5627 replies to this topic

#5621 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    A Passenger to Bangkok

  • Members
  • 6267 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:34 PM

View Postedhunter, on 18 July 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

She Comes First, by Doctor somebody or other.

Guaranteed to bring happiness to everybody.

Dr. Hook?
Dr. Doom?
Dr. Seuss?
Dr. Zaius?
Dr. Philth?
Dr. Andthemedics?

Sponsored Post

#5622 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3889 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

 vaportrailer, on 18 July 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

 edhunter, on 18 July 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

She Comes First, by Doctor somebody or other.

Guaranteed to bring happiness to everybody.

Dr. Hook?
Dr. Doom?
Dr. Seuss?
Dr. Zaius?
Dr. Philth?
Dr. Andthemedics?

I could just picture it written by dr. Seuss

#5623 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

    A Passenger to Bangkok

  • Members
  • 6267 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:01 PM

View Postedhunter, on 18 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

View Postvaportrailer, on 18 July 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 18 July 2019 - 04:30 PM, said:

She Comes First, by Doctor somebody or other.

Guaranteed to bring happiness to everybody.

Dr. Hook?
Dr. Doom?
Dr. Seuss?
Dr. Zaius?
Dr. Philth?
Dr. Andthemedics?

I could just picture it written by dr. Seuss

She came first! She came first!
And I thought I would burst!
Oh I feared for the worst,
and I cursed and I cursed...
But dear me, can it be? She came first!!!

- from "Racing Poems"

Posted Image

#5624 spaceaudity11

spaceaudity11

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Literature, psychology and good music

Posted Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Atlas Shrugged... It is taking me an exceptionally long time for whatever reason.

#5625 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 8716 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted Yesterday, 11:05 PM

View Postspaceaudity11, on 20 July 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Atlas Shrugged... It is taking me an exceptionally long time for whatever reason.
It's not just you . . .

#5626 Rhyta

Rhyta

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1187 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Utah
  • Interests:Sci-fi/fantasy shows and books, reading, hockey and Rush of course!

Posted Today, 04:17 AM

View Postblueschica, on 20 July 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

View Postspaceaudity11, on 20 July 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Atlas Shrugged... It is taking me an exceptionally long time for whatever reason.
It's not just you . . .
Never did finish that one, I did enjoy Anthem even though the ending was a bit ridiculous.

#5627 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

    The Seeker

  • Members
  • 119 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Missouri USA
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted Today, 07:16 AM

Anthem wasn't too bad, but life is too short to read things that you're not enjoying ; just saying. You're not going to miss anything unforgettable.

#5628 spaceaudity11

spaceaudity11

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 60 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Maine
  • Interests:Literature, psychology and good music

Posted Today, 10:39 AM

View PostRhyta, on 21 July 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

View Postblueschica, on 20 July 2019 - 11:05 PM, said:

View Postspaceaudity11, on 20 July 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

Atlas Shrugged... It is taking me an exceptionally long time for whatever reason.
It's not just you . . .
Never did finish that one, I did enjoy Anthem even though the ending was a bit ridiculous.

I do like it, but I can't read large amounts at once like with other books. I am trying to challenge myself and read something more "intellectual" that I don't fully agree with before college. My friends are totally making fun of me for it.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users