#5501 vaportrailer

vaportrailer

The God Of Balance

• Members
  • 5692 posts
  • Interests:music, reading, travel

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

Just finished Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451."

I enjoyed reading "Something Wicked This Way Comes" although the prose at times was overly poetic. It was quite creepy in spots, and well put together, and made me want to read another of his books. "Fahrenheit 451" is less "overripe", but just as compelling, with some eerily prescient passages. :o

I've never been into sci-fi, but am interested in checking out a few authors in the genre. Any recommendations? I don't know a Heinlein from a Pohl.
(Kevin J Anderson fans need not apply :P )

Posted Image

Sponsored Post

#5502 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 8082 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 18 March 2019 - 04:12 PM

View Postvaportrailer, on 18 March 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Just finished Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451."

I enjoyed reading "Something Wicked This Way Comes" although the prose at times was overly poetic. It was quite creepy in spots, and well put together, and made me want to read another of his books. "Fahrenheit 451" is less "overripe", but just as compelling, with some eerily prescient passages. :o

I've never been into sci-fi, but am interested in checking out a few authors in the genre. Any recommendations? I don't know a Heinlein from a Pohl.
(Kevin J Anderson fans need not apply :P )

Posted Image
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Bradbury is an excellent writer!  My dad was a big sci-fi reader and the Bradbury books were about the only ones (along with Dune) that I liked to read out of that genre.

Edited by blueschica, 18 March 2019 - 04:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users