What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

http://www.loyalbooks.com/image/detail/Kama-Sutra.jpg

My teacher read this to me in preschool.

Such a sweet story.

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

May have to read this once I'm done with American Gods.

You can't go wrong with either Neil Gaiman or Terry Pratchett.

Never read Pratchett...read only one obscure Neil Gaiman graphic novel...friend gave it to me

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

Never read Pratchett...read only one obscure Neil Gaiman graphic novel...friend gave it to me

Oh Segue, you're missing out. Especially if you like fantasy. Any Discworld novel sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

• Like 1

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

Oh Segue, you're missing out. Especially if you like fantasy. Any Discworld novel sounds like it'd be right up your alley.

Yeah its funny you say this...I don't think I have ever once walked into a bookstore and not pondered over his work.

It's ridiculous...I just have such high expectations I'd almost like to keep this a mystery than try and and feel underwhelmed haha!

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

You seriously need to check out the Discworld series. They're one of my favorite book series' ever. Don't start with the first one though, he didn't get into the swing of the thing until the second or third book. You don't necessarily have to read them in order, but they kind of come in groups about particular people. The Night Watch (police department), The wizards and the Unseen University, Death (the skeletal reaper with the scythe) and The Witches. My first book was Equal Rites which is about three witches that are downright hilarious. I think it's like the third book in the whole series so that's a great place to start. All of the books are hilarious. I regularly laugh out loud when I read them.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

You seriously need to check out the Discworld series. They're one of my favorite book series' ever. Don't start with the first one though, he didn't get into the swing of the thing until the second or third book. You don't necessarily have to read them in order, but they kind of come in groups about particular people. The Night Watch (police department), The wizards and the Unseen University, Death (the skeletal reaper with the scythe) and The Witches. My first book was Equal Rites which is about three witches that are downright hilarious. I think it's like the third book in the whole series so that's a great place to start. All of the books are hilarious. I regularly laugh out loud when I read them.

Seconding Equal Rites!! I actually did start with The Color of Magic and I found it good, but it definitely doesn't have the same vibe or identity the rest of his novels have--it's more of a parody.

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

Seconding Equal Rites!! I actually did start with The Color of Magic and I found it good, but it definitely doesn't have the same vibe or identity the rest of his novels have--it's more of a parody.

Right. The witches books are probably my favorite of the books and then the Death ones. I really love them all though.

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

Right. The witches books are probably my favorite of the books and then the Death ones. I really love them all though.

Has anyone read American Gods? I think it's a riot, as well as very interesting. And they're making it into a series.

Has anyone read American Gods? I think it's a riot, as well as very interesting. And they're making it into a series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXsqzhCSu1I

I haven't read it, but I was tempted to just pick it up at the bookstore last time I went because I know it's very good.

Edited by Day of Light

51qK9G08jQL.jpg

Yes I have. I thought it was good. I love that Gillian Anderson is going to be playing Media.

J.K. Rowling- Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them: The Original Screenplay

So far I haven't been able to see the film, and I am desperate to not get spoilt. So I am reading the screenplay so that I can discover all the surprises myself in the context of the whole story and I just love it!

I think Newt Scamander is close to being my favourite character of Rowling, behind Hermione and Dumbledore.

Just finished a re-read of:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EykKDmQjWiU/TtjXk4HM2dI/AAAAAAAACyo/udF7SHiF-Io/s200/la%2Brequiem.jpg

One of my favorite authors, although I'm not a huge fan of the detective genre.

Spare, uncluttered prose, and a great sense of momentum.

Gonna re-read another!