What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (thank you again, Cy! :cheers: )

Have you not read it before?

I know, right?! I'm a voracious reader but some great works managed to remain untouched. Luckily for me, Cy is here to remedy that :)

• Like 2

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde (thank you again, Cy! :cheers: )

Have you not read it before?

I know, right?! I'm a voracious reader but some great works managed to remain untouched. Luckily for me, Cy is here to remedy that :)

Aye!

• Like 1

I finished the Teddy Roosevelt biography last week. Now I'm reading Amity Shlaes' biography on Calvin Coolidge. Her writing style is hard to get used to, it gives me such a headache.
  • Like 1

The Human Stain, by Philip Roth

That book really pissed me off.

So far I haven't considered it one of Roth's best; not by a long stretch. I've had trouble motivating myself to read more.

Perhaps I should just abandon it, and go to something else?

The Human Stain, by Philip Roth

That book really pissed me off.

So far I haven't considered it one of Roth's best; not by a long stretch. I've had trouble motivating myself to read more.

Perhaps I should just abandon it, and go to something else?

OK, so I abandoned the Roth book. Moving on to The Unconsoled, by Kazuo Ishiguro.

I've read it once before, but it was about five years ago, and I don't remember it really at all. But I do remember being really impressed with it.

• Like 1

I'm reading Forest Mage by Robin Hobb, book two in the Soldier Son Trilogy. I liked her other books much, much better. So far this trilogy is moving s o s l o w l y . I bet the whole thing could be condensed down to one book. But I don't dislike it enough to stop reading, so I will continue to plod along.

I'm reading Forest Mage by Robin Hobb, book two in the Soldier Son Trilogy. I liked her other books much, much better. So far this trilogy is moving s o s l o w l y . I bet the whole thing could be condensed down to one book. But I don't dislike it enough to stop reading, so I will continue to plod along.

I plan to read her soon!

I heard the same thing about this trilogy. I plan to read this trilogy last.

• Like 1