What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Just finished Weaveworld by Clive Barker

Now Reading:

Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road by Mr. Peart

&

The Kill Room by Jeffrey Deaver

Stephen King- The Stand (Uncut version)

I have seen adaptations of his works, but have never actual read one of his novels, aside from The Green Mile (more of a novella?).

Was hesitant to pick this up, as I have had terrible memory due to meds and thought this would be another book that I would literally be lost in, but I found a used copy in a charity shop for £1, so took the risk!

I was unusually gripped from page one in a way that rarely happens...I hope it maintains this level of gripping! Especially with all the praise it has been getting around these parts...

• Like 2

The new issue of the Yukon Blade Grinder. It's funny, plus it has cool pics

My subscription is in the mail.

A brand spanking new edition is coming in one day. I think you'll chuckle
  • Like 2

The new issue of the Yukon Blade Grinder. It's funny, plus it has cool pics

My subscription is in the mail.

A brand spanking new edition is coming in one day. I think you'll chuckle

Oh, I forgot to mention....don't let your kids read it.

Trevor Royle - Civil War

Great chapter on The Levellers in this excellent book.

Sounds much better than the historical fiction I'm reading, "Impeachment of A. Lincoln". Mostly tedious dialogue and insipid intrigue so far.

Trevor Royle - Civil War

Sounds much better than the historical fiction I'm reading, "Impeachment of A. Lincoln". Mostly tedious dialogue and insipid intrigue so far.

If you're at all interested in the English Civil War then this is the book to read. I've read tons of books on this subject & this is the best by a mile. It's a big thick book full of history & yet is a real page turner.

I have seen adaptations of his works, but have never actual read one of his novels, aside from The Green Mile (more of a novella?).

Was hesitant to pick this up, as I have had terrible memory due to meds and thought this would be another book that I would literally be lost in, but I found a used copy in a charity shop for £1, so took the risk!

I was unusually gripped from page one in a way that rarely happens...I hope it maintains this level of gripping! Especially with all the praise it has been getting around these parts...

The Stand is one of Sai Kings best works. It might be the size of a phone book, but it is well worth the read.

• Like 2

The Stand is one of Sai Kings best works. It might be the size of a phone book, but it is well worth the read.

I am really loving it. This is my sort of science fiction, and I look forward to seeing how it continues!

I am also really excited because this is the first long book I have read in a while that I can enjoy and remember as it goes along (my meds...yawn I am saying it again...rob me of concentration).

The spread of the virus is very chilling.

Trevor Royle - Civil War

If you're at all interested in the English Civil War then this is the book to read. I've read tons of books on this subject & this is the best by a mile. It's a big thick book full of history & yet is a real page turner.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Trevor Royle - Civil War

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/Shelby_Foote.jpg/220px-Shelby_Foote.jpg

The Man

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/FooteVols1-3.jpg/220px-FooteVols1-3.jpg

• Like 1

Trevor Royle - Civil War

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/82/Shelby_Foote.jpg/220px-Shelby_Foote.jpg

The Man

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/ca/FooteVols1-3.jpg/220px-FooteVols1-3.jpg

^^^^

Those are about the American Civil War aren't they?

• Like 1

Trevor Royle - Civil War

The Man

^^^^

Those are about the American Civil War aren't they?

You need to youtube Shelby Foote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBFMFTxyIx0

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Just started The Mating Season, another of P.G. Wodehouse's Jeeves and Wooster books
  • Like 1