What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Bernard Bailyn's The Barbarous Years. First of all, this guy is an historian's historian with plenty of publications that speak for themselves. I get a boner when his books come out and the are few and far between. Check out The Ordeal of Thomas Hutchinson about the American Revolution and you will see what I'm talking about. He and Nathaniel Philbrick are my favorite authors.

This one details the founding of Jamestown and everything in between. Great drama and impeccable research and makes his audience ponder history all over again. f***ing love this book.

Since it was recommended by my school, a little fantasy war novel thing called "The Thousand Names" by Django Wexler. It's actually quite slow, but I'm just an impatient person.

I'm The Man-Scott Ian w/Jon Wiederhorn. Foreword by Kirk Hammett.

Includes the mini comic book Keeping Up With The Kilmisters, written by Scott and illustrated by Stephen Thompson.

Very good, and very funny so far.

Stevie Nicks-Visons, Dreams, and Rumors by Zoe Howe. Interstesting bio.

Judi Dench-Behind the Scenes with an introduction by John Miller. More like a pictured scrapbook, but interesting.

Currently reading "The nautical chart" by Arturo Perez- Reverte.

A fictional tale of the hunt for the sunken Jesuit ship Dei Gloria,

which went to the bottom in 1767. Only a 100 pages in so the author is still "Setting the scene".

One problem, like so many authors, he is somewhat recitent about describing a sex scene. Subsequently, it comes over as cold and devoid of any erotica.

I can never understand why some authors insert sex scenes, especially when they are not necessary to the plot, or when the authors themselves are too inhibited to

realisticalley describe the act in an acceptable manner.

I believe there is actually a literary prize for the worst written depiction of sex in a book.

Decided to try this book: Contents Under Pressure....about this group, I think their name is .... :rush: After watching Geddy last week on VH1 I figured it was time, only skimmed it before...fun :geddy:
  • Like 1