What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Goodness me! Order Of The Phoenix was a flawed masterwork! And so far...this book is keeping the awesome intact and possibly raising the bar further!

• Like 1

I finished Harry Potter And The Hald Blood Prince

Although I have read it before, and although I also remember vividly a certain death scene, I still felt like my heart had been ripped from my chest and burned in acid. I really grieved today because of this book!

J.K. Rowling is an astonishing writer. Reading the Harry Potter saga in order in a short space of time has led me to regard them as works of a master.

I will add her to the same list as Dickens, H.G. Wells, Richard Yates, Tolstoy etc as one of the best writers I have ever had the pleasure to read.

• Like 1

Did folks stop reading, or posting what they're reading? Let's kick this back into gear!

Mr. Hockey: My Story, by Gordie Howe

Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith, by Joe Perry

They Killed Our President, by Jessie Ventura (fuel for the JFK assassination conspiracy theories.)

Did folks stop reading, or posting what they're reading? Let's kick this back into gear!

Mr. Hockey: My Story, by Gordie Howe

Rocks: My Life In and Out of Aerosmith, by Joe Perry

They Killed Our President, by Jessie Ventura (fuel for the JFK assassination conspiracy theories.)

I'm ashamed of how little I've read this year

Edited by bathory

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone for the millionth time. Looking back on this series now, it's easy to tell how J.K. Rowling started out writing a simple children's book and then evolved throughout the seven books into a bigger, deeper series. You can watch her writing style grow throughout.
  • Like 1

Just finished Women of the Otherworld series Kelley Armstrong; final book Thirteen, very good. A couple of the Longmire mysteries; Hell is Empty and As the Crow Flies, funny and intense, really like these books by Craig Johnson :rose: Then I am re-listening to the Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan; The Lost Hero #1. I love greek mythology and the characters make me laugh too.

I have a copy of The Game by Ken Dryden to read, hear it is one of the best books about hockey, just my cup of tea. Then there this other book about a band...Contents Under Pressure.. :cool: may have to read it soon :yes:

• Like 1

Just finished Women of the Otherworld series Kelley Armstrong; final book Thirteen, very good. A couple of the Longmire mysteries; Hell is Empty and As the Crow Flies, funny and intense, really like these books by Craig Johnson :rose: Then I am re-listening to the Heroes of Olympus Series by Rick Riordan; The Lost Hero #1. I love greek mythology and the characters make me laugh too.

I have a copy of The Game by Ken Dryden to read, hear it is one of the best books about hockey, just my cup of tea. Then there this other book about a band...Contents Under Pressure.. :cool: may have to read it soon :yes:

I love Kelley Armstongs books too. I wish there were more of them. I particularly like Elena and Clay.

I'm on the last book in Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan books right now

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone for the millionth time. Looking back on this series now, it's easy to tell how J.K. Rowling started out writing a simple children's book and then evolved throughout the seven books into a bigger, deeper series. You can watch her writing style grow throughout.

I absolutely adore these books. I do struggle a little with Deathly Hallows, but the rest are endlessly readable.

My favourites are Chamber Of Secrets and Half Blood Prince.

I'm supposed to be reading The Crossing, by Cormac McCarthy, for my totally-not-gay-book-club-for-men. Haven't started, though. I'll try to pick it up at the library tomorrow.
  • Like 1

http://antonysimpson.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/the-hunted-charlie-higson.jpg

Awesome series of books. My favourite ever series really!

Never heard of this. Where do I begin?

Edited by Segue Myles