What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

The Girls of Atomic City: The Untold Story of the Women Who Helped Win World War II, by Denise Kiernan: A history of the women recruited to work at Oak Ridge, TN as part of the-wait for the Rush reference-Manhattan Project. At the height of World War II Oak Ridge was home to 75,000 residents, and consumed more electricity than New York City.

Meanwhile, years earlier, on the other side of the pond:

A Serial Killer in Nazi Berlin: The True Story of the S-Bahn Murderer. by Scott Andrew Selby: Due to Allied bombing raids, a total blackout was isntituted throughout Berlin, including the S-Bahn commuter trains. One of the S-Bahn employees-a family man, Party Member, and sergeant in the infamous Brownshirts, takes advantage of the blackout to stalk the trains, raping and murdering female war workers and throwing their bodies from the train.

And on a lighter note:

Dirty Rocker Boys: Life and Lust on the Sunset Strip, by Bobbie Brown with Caroline Ryder: Yep, the girl from Warrant's video for Cherry Pie, BobbI Brown confesses her encounters with some of Hollywood's most famous men, including Kevin Kostner, Mark McGrath, Dave Navarro, Sebastian Bach,Milli Vanilli's Rob Pilatus, Warrant frontman (and husband) Jani Lane and Leonardo Di Caprio (who she describes as having a "crotch on steroids" that put would Tommy Lee's (another one of Bobbi's boyfriends, BTW) to shame. I continually had to stop and put the book down, I was laughing so hard-a hilarious read.

There's an Alex Skolnick biography?

Got a chance to talk at length with Al Skolnick one night about 6 years ago. I good friend of ours played with TSO and had his own band called ZO2. Al was at one of their shows and was very gracious about chatting with me and answering all my noob questions. Good guy.

closest I've come to meeting him was seeing him live a year or two ago

A couple of sprts autobio's:

Undisputed Truth by Mike Tyson and larry Sloman

Dr. J: The Autobiography bu Julius Erving and Karl Taro Greenfield

Am on a WWII Europe kick. Having recently finished In the Garden of Beasts and How Hitler Could Have Won War II: The Fatal Errors That Led to Nazi Defeat, I am reading Hitler's Empire: How the Nazis Ruled an Empire, Why the Germans Lose at War: The Myth of German Military Superiority, and the thoroughly depressing but powerful The Kindly Ones by Jonathan Littell.

On the "lighter" side I am reading Primal Shadows by Alan Dean Foster, Giant's Star by James P. Hogan, and my Lent project is Etienne Gilson's classic The Spirit of Medieval Philosophy.

Recently finished reading Sammy hagar's autobiography which was actually well done and interesting.

Then read Clapton's autobiography which I didn't care for. Too much "alcoholism" throughout with it being blamed for everything.

Then read tony iommis's auto which was excellent.

Then, finally just finished reading biography of TE Lawrence (Lawrnce of Arabia) which was well done. Great view of his personal life and plenty of political and military info from his wwi campaigns in the Middle East. It was interesting to see how much blundering the west has done to create current situation and how continued interference is looked to as answer. Also very interesting to read that there was plenty of Arab support for allowing diaspora Jews to return to Palestine provided it wasn't to be part of a separate state.

Edited by Ancient Ways

Lawrence Ferlinghetti- Her

Haven't read this in years and years. It's...quite something. One of those short books that just blows me away.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lykwabeN911roupsao1_1280.jpg

The Money Tree by Kilgore Trout.

It had twenty-dollar bills for leaves. Its flowers were government bonds. Its fruit was diamonds. It attracted human beings who killed each other around the roots and made very good fertilizer.

So it goes.

:cool:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IceuM882L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX385_SY500_CR,0,0,385,500_SH20_OU03_.jpg

Great book!! Was chatting with the author at a big dive show in New Jersey last weeken!

Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

The PBS series got me interested. I love these stories!

• Like 1

Case Histories, by Kate Atkinson

also David Baldacci's King & Maxwell

Service: A Navy Seal At War by Marcus Luttrell.