Can You Believe this?

Slaine mac Roth

I've just come across a site calledHistory of Rock Music and, at the moment, they got polls for best rock bassist, guitarist and drummer.

Believe it or not, Alex and Geddy don't even feature in their respective polls while the current standings for the drummer poll is:

Trey Sabatellis 0%

Phil Rudd 1%

Alan White 1%

Ginger Baker 1%

Bill Bruford 1%

Chad Smith 1%

Topper Headon 2%

John Bonham 6%

Keith Moon 7%

Neil Peart 12%

Carl Palmer 25%

Clem Burke 43%

Clem Burke the greatest rock drummer in the world ARE THESE PEOPLE SERIOUS

I suggest fans of real music go over there and show them the error of their ways.

confused13.gif Who's Clem burke?

Clem Burke's best known playing for Blondie, but he's played with a lot of different people (Pete Townshend, Bob Dylan) and bands (Ramones, Eurythmics, etc.) on tour and in the studio. The guy's got some serious talent. It's just in a completely different style.

Neil's still #1, though!!!! cheer.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Apr 3 2005, 11:27 AM)
Once again, I don't need some poll or some foundation to tell me what ranking the band that I like best is in.

But glittering prizes
And endless compromises
Shatter the illusion of integrity.

Good point! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Does this poll mean anything?

If loads of RUSH fans swamp the site with their votes and manage to get Alex, Geddy and Neil to No 1 in their respective categories - so what!

It's only personal opinion as to who is the best at guitar or drum playing.

How do you measure it - complexity, speed, overall sound?

I prefer to enjoy RUSH for who they are and what they produce.

There may be better? players out there but who cares?

For the record, while I am a dedicated Neil fan, Clem Burke's playing on Blondie songs stands out a bit more than the normal pop tune IMO.

Of course the poll doesn't mean anything.

No poll means anything.

No popularity contest of any sort means anything except to say what's popular at that particular point of time.

I just though you might find it amusing.

I voted because I'm tired of seeing them get disrespected. But your right, the polls mean nothing, but if a few people look at this poll & see how highly rated the guys are, they may check out Rushs' music. There's always room for more Rush fans!!

2.gif

Nobody's asking anyone to acknowledge who's the BEST, cause that can't be measured. We're simply expressing our opinion who we THINK is the best, which is fine. Besides, isn't it kinda cool to have some award for hard work? Doesn't mean they NEED an award to say "Yeah I rock!" I just think it'd be kinda neat ya know?

Archived