Setlist? SPOILER SPOILER

QUOTE (Score Out @ May 21 2010, 08:59 AM)
Unless they seriously tore up the setlist they designed a couple months ago and brought into rehearsals and suddenly rearranged everything on Day 1 (which would all the production people pretty upset I suspect) this isn't close to accurate.

Then what is accurate?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they alternate songs, I will be PISSED. dazed025.gif

I'm not taking any of these setlists seriously until opening day, there will be no proof of anything until they actually play the songs!!

Its fun to speculate, but thats all. I feel bad for you if you take these to heart, its causing me much less pain to just not worry about it for the time being. I mean lets face it, we really won't have any concrete proof until the first show (unless one of the members spills the beans in an interview before then, which is highly unlikely).

Until then, I'll keep wishing that they'll play my personal faves, just like the rest of you, but I'll take whatever I can get. In the end, its still 2.gif and any 2.gif is good enough for me!

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 21 2010, 09:51 PM)
4. Fly by Night? I think it's more likely that they'll play Smoke on the Water than ever play that again.

I lawled

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ May 21 2010, 08:51 PM)
4. Fly by Night? I think it's more likely that they'll play Smoke on the Water than ever play that again.

Yeah, that's doubtful.......they would have to tune that down big time......

If they play "Middletown Dreams" I'll probably just fall over or something. That's one of my three favorite Rush songs ever. That would be f***ing epic.

Regardless of this list being true or not, I could see them playing FBN. I mean, it's one of the hits still being played on the radio and thus could reach the wide spectrum of attendees at the shows. Yeah, they'd have to tune it down, but I still think it's possible.

I mean, they're playing TCE for chrissakes. At this point, anything is fair game IMO!

Anyone heard from deadwing2112?

He posted at the Rush Blog this morning:

#89 - Posted 5/22/10 @1:32AM by Deadwing2112 [contact]

>>#80 Can you confirm if the current rumored setlist is even close to being accurate?>>

That setlist is not accurate - sorry.

As if it weren't already obvious.

What kills me are the "In The Know "people. What do you actually know?

Really. You have a "inside info" I think it is all crap. No one can name the "source' laugh.gif Do the people you "Know " come on this site ? I really doubt it if they are That busy being "In The Know" What will happen is the day after the first show when the setlist is everyfuckinwhere people will say"I told you they were doing some older stuff and some new stuff" If you Really know something , prove it. I don't want to hear "They are opening with a hit" laugh.gif When is the last time they did not "Open With a Hit".

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2010, 09:08 AM)
Really. You have a "inside info" I think it is all crap. No one can name the "source' laugh.gif Do the people you "Know " come on this site ? I really doubt it if they are That busy being "In The Know" What will happen is the day after the first show when the setlist is everyfuckinwhere people will say"I told you they were doing some older stuff and some new stuff" If you Really know something , prove it. I don't want to hear "They are opening with a hit" laugh.gif When is the last time they did not "Open With a Hit".

Haha......that's what I was getting at earlier. So many of the predictions have been so VAGUE. "They are going to add a few more citites this tour", etc........big deal....most of it is just rehashed info based on what the band's already confirmed.....who the f**k doesn't already know that the Time Machine tour will feature a mix of old and new songs..... wacko.gif

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 22 2010, 10:10 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2010, 04:08 PM)
When is the last time they did not "Open With a Hit".

2004. R30 Overture.

Yes it was a Medley. What was the first Full song they did ? Right..............

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2010, 04:18 PM)

2004. R30 Overture.

Yes it was a Medley. What was the first Full song they did ? Right..............

It doesn't matter if it is a full song or not, they still opened with it.

Anyway, yes, the first song was a hit.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ May 22 2010, 10:15 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2010, 09:08 AM)
Really. You have a "inside info" I think it is all crap. No one can name the "source'  laugh.gif  Do the people you "Know " come on this site ? I really doubt it if they are That busy being "In The Know"  What will happen is the day after the first show when the setlist is everyfuckinwhere people will say"I told you they were doing some older stuff and some new stuff"  If you Really know something ,  prove it. I don't want to hear "They are opening with a hit" laugh.gif  When is the last time they did not "Open With a Hit".

Haha......that's what I was getting at earlier. So many of the predictions have been so VAGUE. "They are going to add a few more citites this tour", etc........big deal....most of it is just rehashed info based on what the band's already confirmed.....who the f**k doesn't already know that the Time Machine tour will feature a mix of old and new songs..... wacko.gif

I hear ya. I read some of it and it gets better and better laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sir Lerxst @ May 22 2010, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2010, 04:18 PM)

2004. R30 Overture.

It doesn't matter if it is a full song or not, they still opened with it.

Anyway, yes, the first song was a hit.

I gotta tell you, never liked the medley because we could have heard full songs if not for the shit cover tunes they did trink39.gif

Everyone else is completely full of crap. I am the one who truly knows the set list because I have "inside connections" of which you are not allowed to know, 'cause I'm just important that way wink.gif

Anyway, I know the set list. The REAL one. And here it is:

Making Memories

Speed of Love

Neurotica

Madrigal

Red Lenses

Tai Shan

Emotion Detector

The Fountain of Lamneth

Summertime Blues

The Stars Look Down

Jacob's Ladder

Caravan

BU2B

Far Cry

End First Set

Tom Sawyer

Barchetta

YYZ

Limelight

TCE

Witch Hunt

Vital Signs

Malnar

Drum Solo

Acoustic Dog Years

I Think I'm Going Bald

Need Some Love

War Paint

Lessons

2112-Overture Syrinx

Encore

The Big Wheel

Bravest Face

Double Agent

Take it to the bank my friends. Thats the list.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 22 2010, 10:08 AM)

The Big Money - Hold Your Fire Tour

Force Ten - Presto Tour & Roll The Bones Tour

Dreamline - Counterparts & Test For Echo Tour

I wouldn't exactly call those hits. Maybe they got airplay back in the day, but do they still play these on the radio???

And I believe Score Out said "radio hit" for the opener, that even non Rush fans could identify.

Typical radio staple Rush songs are:

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

TSOR

Freewill

CTTH

But then again, my local rock station plays crap...so maybe others get to hear a larger variety of Rush. confused13.gif

That's why God invented the iPod...so we don't have to listen to FM radio anymore.

QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 22 2010, 12:35 PM)

I wouldn't exactly call those hits. Maybe they got airplay back in the day, but do they still play these on the radio???

And I believe Score Out said "radio hit" for the opener, that even non Rush fans could identify.

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

TSOR

Freewill

CTTH

But then again, my local rock station plays crap...so maybe others get to hear a larger variety of Rush. confused13.gif

That's why God invented the iPod...so we don't have to listen to FM radio anymore.

On the contrary, those were "the hits" off of their respective albums.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 22 2010, 11:33 AM)
Everyone else is completely full of crap. I am the one who truly knows the set list because I have "inside connections" of which you are not allowed to know, 'cause I'm just important that way wink.gif

Anyway, I know the set list. The REAL one. And here it is:

Making Memories
Speed of Love
Neurotica
Madrigal
Red Lenses
Tai Shan
Emotion Detector
The Fountain of Lamneth
Summertime Blues
The Stars Look Down
Jacob's Ladder
Caravan
BU2B
Far Cry

End First Set

Tom Sawyer
Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
TCE
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs
Malnar
Drum Solo
Acoustic Dog Years
I Think I'm Going Bald
Need Some Love
War Paint
Lessons
2112-Overture Syrinx

Encore

The Big Wheel
Bravest Face
Double Agent

Take it to the bank my friends. Thats the list.

yes.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ May 22 2010, 11:37 AM)
QUOTE (BrightAntennae @ May 22 2010, 12:35 PM)

Tom Sawyer

Limelight

TSOR

Freewill

CTTH

On the contrary, those were "the hits" off of their respective albums.

I understand that. But they are not current radio hits.