Rotate Your Stock!

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#341 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34711 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jun 26 2010, 02:02 AM)
There is still plenty of Sierra Nevada 2009 Harvest Wet Hop Ale selling in my area, and I picked up 4 more 24oz bottles tonight.  I can't believe it's still available.  This is supposed to be a fall seasonal brew and I've been buying it for about  8 months now.  It's one of my all time favorites.

Beer Advocate

user posted image

Big fan of the Harvest Ales.  yes.gif  trink38.gif  

Sponsored Post

#342 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

Added:

Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA-3
Pike IPA-1
Southern Tier 2XIPA-6
Cigar City Jai Alai-6
Victory Hop Wallop-6
Sierra Nevada Porter-6
Thomas Hooker Liberator Dopplebock-1
Thomas Hooker Hop Meadow IPA-1
McGovern's Oatmeal Stout-1
Shipyard Imperial Porter-1
Highland Oatmeal Porter-1

#343 turnthedoor

turnthedoor

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:18 PM

Newcastle
New Belgium Fat Tire

#344 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

Sam Smith IPA & Stone IPA. Should make an interesting comparison of old world vs. new world.

#345 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 29 2010, 12:36 PM)
Sam Smith IPA & Stone IPA. Should make an interesting comparison of old world vs. new world.

I prefer the Stone IPA over Samuel Smith's. The Smith is a fine tasting IPA but has a touch more malt and less hops than the Stone, as would be guessed from an English brew.

The hops are very much up front on the Stone, very citrusy & piney. It really compliments the home made salsa very well.

trink38.gif  

#346 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:58 PM

Nice haul today. I added:

6 pack Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
6 pack Cigar City Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale
6 pack Cigar City Jose Marti American Porter
2 bottles SN 30th Black Barleywine Jack & Ken's Ale
1 bottle Laughing Dog Dogzilla Black IPA
1 bottle Laughing Dog Alpha Dog DIPA
1 bottle SN Southern Hemisphere 2010 Harvest Ale
1 bottle Terrapin Hopzilla DIPA
2 bottles Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA
1 bottle Stone Arrogant Bastard

If any of you folks want some Cigar City stuff, I'd be glad to help you out with that. Just PM me. 1022.gif  

#347 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Sweetwater Brewing out of Atlanta just arrived in my area  applaudit.gif

So I picked up a sixer of Sweetwater IPA. Also, the distributor in my area finally started distributing Ruination again  1022.gif  so I can finally enjoy fresh Ruination once again. I picked up a couple of bombers of that.

I also picked up a sixer of Oaked Arrogant Bastard and a 750ml bottle of DFH Miles Davis Bitches Brew  trink38.gif

It was a really good day.  653.gif  

#348 lerxt1990

lerxt1990

Minister of Silly Walks

• Members *
  • 63645 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 11:58 PM

user posted image

MOD EDIT: Shrunk the size of that pic. It was bigger than my house.  tongue.gif  

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, 26 September 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#349 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:02 PM

At Fresh Market today and they have single beers so you can put together your own six packs and while they don't have the largest selection to pick from it was decent. Here was my six pack:

Anchor Porter
Young's Porter
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Munich Spaten
Bass Ale
Redhook Winter Lager

The Anchor Porter was very good. Not Stone Smoked Porter good but very good.

#350 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:49 PM

Shoulda put this here first, but I'm having 3 Floyds Dreadnaught IPA for the first time. Wow. It's like Ruination except with more peach & grapefruit on the nose and the same dry, hoppy bitter aftertaste. Lots of hops.

I can see why these are so highly rated. I was hoping to find a Alpha King Pale Ale but the Dread is awesome. It'll be interesting to compare the Ruination next.

edit to add: as I'm finishing this bottle I have to say that this brew really combines the best qualities of a double IPA (mainly much hoppiness) with great flavors and easy drinkability. Here, here 3 Floyds!

Edited by theredtamasrule, 23 December 2010 - 09:01 PM.

#351 keywe

keywe

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

I'm in love with Wexford (Irish) right now

Hobgoblin
Boddington
Guinness
Budweiser

#352 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Just bought the last 12 pack of Sierra Nevada Celebration. Set it next to the Wachussetts IPA

#353 iluvgeddy05

iluvgeddy05

Dances With Torn Sweater

• Members
  • 9518 posts
  • Interests:running, shopping, wine and good beer, good friends.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

Imperial:  official beer of Costa Rica  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#354 micgtr71

micgtr71

Axe Slinger

• Members
  • 5021 posts
  • Interests:Teaching guitar lessons, writing, drinking quality beers.

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

I have some Jim Beam Black for tonight. I hope that I have a snow day tomorrow.

#355 turnthedoor

turnthedoor

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

Newcastle

#356 summer_sky

summer_sky

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1494 posts
  • Interests:travel, music, reading, good food & drink, nature, the sky, ... life, in general

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

some kind of wine-in-a-box leftover from the family Christmas party   huh.gif

*note to self - must do shopping this weekend*

#357 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

For my upcoming birthday my loving wife indulged my beer drinking with a surprise 6 pack of Bell's Hopslam (I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and she saw some at the liquor store). I have read some glowing reviews of it and I'm halfway through my first glass right now.

The aroma is something else: tons of citrus and grapefruit and mango. As the name implies it has a very strong hoppy, bitter finish but not as raw as, say, Ruination IPA by Stone Brewery.

It must have a high booze content because after about 6 ounces I'm all warm and fuzzy and all is right with the world.

Clearly this is a world class IPA but I don't think I could rate it higher than the 3 Floyds Dreadnaught I've had previously. There is a limited supply of Hopslam and it is damned expensive at $18.99 for a six pack (hell, I remember when I could get 4 cases of Natty Light for 20 bucks).

Great brew from one of the best breweries so if you see one at your store try it.

user posted image

#358 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:16 PM

Brought home a couple of Sierra Nevada brews: Hoptimum & Northern Hemisphere Harvest

And a six pack of Bell's Two-Hearted Ale.

So far the Hoptimum has been disappointing. It's like the SA Pale Ale with some bitter hops aftertaste...not that great. Haven't hit the NH Harvest yet or the Bell's.

Have fajitas on the way so I think I'll break out the Bell's for that. I'm thinking spicy should go with the hops. We'll see.

#359 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 34711 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 4 2011, 06:32 PM)
For my upcoming birthday my loving wife indulged my beer drinking with a surprise 6 pack of Bell's Hopslam (I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago and she saw some at the liquor store). I have read some glowing reviews of it and I'm halfway through my first glass right now.

The aroma is something else: tons of citrus and grapefruit and mango. As the name implies it has a very strong hoppy, bitter finish but not as raw as, say, Ruination IPA by Stone Brewery.

It must have a high booze content because after about 6 ounces I'm all warm and fuzzy and all is right with the world.

Clearly this is a world class IPA but I don't think I could rate it higher than the 3 Floyds Dreadnaught I've had previously. There is a limited supply of Hopslam and it is damned expensive at $18.99 for a six pack (hell, I remember when I could get 4 cases of Natty Light for 20 bucks).

Great brew from one of the best breweries so if you see one at your store try it.

user posted image

Added to the list. That beer is right up my alley.

#360 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2011, 02:13 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Feb 4 2011, 06:32 PM)

user posted image

Added to the list. That beer is right up my alley.

Yeah, great stuff.

The Two-Hearted Ale is excellent also, like a scaled down version of the Hopslam. Probably my favorite non-Imperial IPA. I think it's going to move into the starting rotation.

I have to say that I'm very disappointed in the SA Hoptimum. Not very rich, a raw bitter aftertaste, not much aroma.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users