Rotate Your Stock!

Today I added Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout, Southern Tier Choklat Stout, Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter, Troegs Nugget Nectar, Three Floyds Gumballhead Pale Wheat Ale and Duchesse De Bourgogne which is classified as a "Flanders Red Ale" (I don't know what a Flanders Red Ale is, but I guess I'll find out).

All these came courtesy of a great guy up in SC named Ben 1022.gif

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some great additions today:

Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel Imperial Stout

Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout

Southern Tier Mokah Imperial Stout

Hoppin' Frog Hop Dam DIPA

Southern Tier Backburner Barleywine

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2010, 09:49 PM)
Damn Dog, you have access to some great brews!

trink39.gif

A year ago, this place was almost a barren wasteland for craft beer, save for Stone Brewing.

Now, this place is just exploding with great craft beer. We don't have everything here yet, but our selection is 10,000% better than it was a year ago.

I just had a Southern Tier Mokah Stout and was blown away at how good it was. I absolutely freaking LOVE the Southern Tier Blackwater Series. So far I've had the Choklat, Creme Brulee and the Mokah and loved every one. Can't wait to try the Oat and the Jahva.

And I was dumbfounded to find Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel. I couldn't believe it was on the shelf. I'll be drinking that tomorrow night.

Today I added some Cigar City Humidor Series IPA (Cedar Aged)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/snowdog2004/3714182252_eef4a996d2.jpg

Holy crap is this one outstanding beer! One of the best IPAs I've ever had. yes.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 12 2010, 09:56 PM)

trink39.gif

A year ago, this place was almost a barren wasteland for craft beer, save for Stone Brewing.

Now, this place is just exploding with great craft beer. We don't have everything here yet, but our selection is 10,000% better than it was a year ago.

I just had a Southern Tier Mokah Stout and was blown away at how good it was. I absolutely freaking LOVE the Southern Tier Blackwater Series. So far I've had the Choklat, Creme Brulee and the Mokah and loved every one. Can't wait to try the Oat and the Jahva.

And I was dumbfounded to find Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel. I couldn't believe it was on the shelf. I'll be drinking that tomorrow night.

I found the Choklat this afternoon! Also picked up Farmer's Tan biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 25 2010, 01:57 PM)

trink39.gif

653.gif Drink it when you are in the mood for dessert. The chocolate flavor will do the trick! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 25 2010, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 25 2010, 01:57 PM)

trink39.gif

653.gif Drink it when you are in the mood for dessert. The chocolate flavor will do the trick! trink39.gif

Even better, sip on some with dessert...these chocolate brews (and stouts in general) were made to complement desserts IMO.

trink39.gif

There is still plenty of Sierra Nevada 2009 Harvest Wet Hop Ale selling in my area, and I picked up 4 more 24oz bottles tonight. I can't believe it's still available. This is supposed to be a fall seasonal brew and I've been buying it for about 8 months now. It's one of my all time favorites.

Beer Advocate

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2442/4047922873_605261c677.jpg

Left Hand Brewing out of Colorado just entered our market so I picked up some Left Hand Imperial Stout, Milk Stout, 400 Pound Monkey (English IPA), Chainsaw Ale.

I also picked up Great Divide 16th Anniversary Wood Aged IPA, Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Southern Tier Mokah, Southern Tier 2XIPA, Thomas Hooker Imperial Porter and some Stone Self Righteous Ale

edit: I forgot the crown jewel of the day-Cigar City 110k+ Batch 3 (The other West Coast IPA). First one I've ever seen and probably will be the last laugh.gif

Edited by Snowdog

Found a single bottle of Cigar City Marshall Zhukov's Imperial Stout today 653.gif

They don't bottle much of this, and what they do mostly stays at the brewery in Tampa. So I was stoked to find this. Sad part is they only had one bottle.

The distributor for Captain Lawrence in New Jersey (Hunterdon) has stopped carrying CL beers, which means I can no longer find it in any of my beer stores in NJ. The only solution to this problem for me was to drive to the brewery and bring it home fresh, from Westchester. God damn, I'm resourceful!

And when I get mad, I go on beer shopping sprees. Just picked up:

Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale (3)

Stone Ruination IPA (3)

Stone Arrogant Bastard

Stone Russian Imperial Stout (2)

Stone Smoked Porter

Stone 14th Anniversary Imperial IPA (3)

Great Divide 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA

Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Wet Hop Harvest Ale (2)

Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA (4)

Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 13 2010, 12:06 PM)
The distributor for Captain Lawrence in New Jersey (Hunterdon) has stopped carrying CL beers, which means I can no longer find it in any of my beer stores in NJ. The only solution to this problem for me was to drive to the brewery and bring it home fresh, from Westchester. God damn, I'm resourceful!

And when I get mad, I go on beer shopping sprees. Just picked up:

Stone Ruination IPA (3)
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Smoked Porter
Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy

Nice haul!

The distributor for Stone in my area has stopped carrying Ruination rage.gif And we have yet to see the Stone 14th Anniversary in my area and nobody call tell me if or when we are getting it rage.gif

Sorry to hear about the CL. That is good stuff!

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 13 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 13 2010, 12:06 PM)
The distributor for Captain Lawrence in New Jersey (Hunterdon) has stopped carrying CL beers, which means I can no longer find it in any of my beer stores in NJ.    The only solution to this problem for me was to drive to the brewery and bring it home fresh, from Westchester.  God damn, I'm resourceful!

And when I get mad, I go on beer shopping sprees.  Just picked up:

Stone Ruination IPA (3)
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Smoked Porter
Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy

Nice haul!

The distributor for Stone in my area has stopped carrying Ruination rage.gif And we have yet to see the Stone 14th Anniversary in my area and nobody call tell me if or when we are getting it rage.gif

Sorry to hear about the CL. That is good stuff!

if u need a Ruination fix, I'm happy to ship some your way.

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Jun 26 2010, 02:02 AM)
There is still plenty of Sierra Nevada 2009 Harvest Wet Hop Ale selling in my area, and I picked up 4 more 24oz bottles tonight. I can't believe it's still available. This is supposed to be a fall seasonal brew and I've been buying it for about 8 months now. It's one of my all time favorites.

Beer Advocate

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2442/4047922873_605261c677.jpg

Big fan of the Harvest Ales. yes.gif trink38.gif

Added:

Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA-3

Pike IPA-1

Southern Tier 2XIPA-6

Cigar City Jai Alai-6

Victory Hop Wallop-6

Sierra Nevada Porter-6

Thomas Hooker Liberator Dopplebock-1

Thomas Hooker Hop Meadow IPA-1

McGovern's Oatmeal Stout-1

Shipyard Imperial Porter-1

Highland Oatmeal Porter-1

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Aug 29 2010, 12:36 PM)
Sam Smith IPA & Stone IPA. Should make an interesting comparison of old world vs. new world.

I prefer the Stone IPA over Samuel Smith's. The Smith is a fine tasting IPA but has a touch more malt and less hops than the Stone, as would be guessed from an English brew.

The hops are very much up front on the Stone, very citrusy & piney. It really compliments the home made salsa very well.

trink38.gif

Nice haul today. I added:

6 pack Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

6 pack Cigar City Maduro Oatmeal Brown Ale

6 pack Cigar City Jose Marti American Porter

2 bottles SN 30th Black Barleywine Jack & Ken's Ale

1 bottle Laughing Dog Dogzilla Black IPA

1 bottle Laughing Dog Alpha Dog DIPA

1 bottle SN Southern Hemisphere 2010 Harvest Ale

1 bottle Terrapin Hopzilla DIPA

2 bottles Stone 14th Anniversary Emperial IPA

1 bottle Stone Arrogant Bastard

If any of you folks want some Cigar City stuff, I'd be glad to help you out with that. Just PM me. 1022.gif

Sweetwater Brewing out of Atlanta just arrived in my area applaudit.gif

So I picked up a sixer of Sweetwater IPA. Also, the distributor in my area finally started distributing Ruination again 1022.gif so I can finally enjoy fresh Ruination once again. I picked up a couple of bombers of that.

I also picked up a sixer of Oaked Arrogant Bastard and a 750ml bottle of DFH Miles Davis Bitches Brew trink38.gif

It was a really good day. 653.gif

At Fresh Market today and they have single beers so you can put together your own six packs and while they don't have the largest selection to pick from it was decent. Here was my six pack:

Anchor Porter

Young's Porter

Sam Adams Octoberfest

Munich Spaten

Bass Ale

Redhook Winter Lager

The Anchor Porter was very good. Not Stone Smoked Porter good but very good.

Shoulda put this here first, but I'm having 3 Floyds Dreadnaught IPA for the first time. Wow. It's like Ruination except with more peach & grapefruit on the nose and the same dry, hoppy bitter aftertaste. Lots of hops.

I can see why these are so highly rated. I was hoping to find a Alpha King Pale Ale but the Dread is awesome. It'll be interesting to compare the Ruination next.

edit to add: as I'm finishing this bottle I have to say that this brew really combines the best qualities of a double IPA (mainly much hoppiness) with great flavors and easy drinkability. Here, here 3 Floyds!

Edited by theredtamasrule