Rotate Your Stock!

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#321 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17165 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:11 PM

Stone Russian Imperial Stout came out on April 19th . Nobody in my neck of the woods has it. Does anyone else have it ?

Sponsored Post

#322 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17165 posts
  • Interests:hanging out with my Wife, son and 2 girls . playing Drums , Beer, going to shows, Beer , Cooking , Beer , watching football , Beer , watching baseball, Beer , cranking Metal and Beer

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 10 2010, 11:57 PM)
Here's my pantry.... well, my dream pantry anyway.  Actually a German market not to far from my house.  biggrin.gif user posted image

Someday, i hope to have my "Man Room " look like this laugh.gif  

#323 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2010, 02:11 PM)
Stone Russian Imperial Stout came out on April 19th . Nobody in my neck of the woods has it. Does anyone else have it ?

Picked up a case last week. Had one so far. As usual, it is excellent. Even when its fresh, somehow this beer isn't hot. Which is amazing since its around 11%.

Those guys at Stone are amazing  trink38.gif

edit: I added Ballast Point Sculpin, Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter, Russian River Consecration, Lost Abbey Angel's Share (Bourbon Barrel) and Alpine Pure Hoppiness.

Edited by Snowdog, 13 May 2010 - 05:42 PM.

#324 PassTheAmmunition

PassTheAmmunition

The Grillmaster

• Members *
  • 2231 posts
  • Interests:My boys, Grilling, Golf, Hockey & the pursuit of happiness. Beer is okay :-)

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2010, 01:13 PM)
Here's my pantry.... well, my dream pantry anyway.  Actually a German market not to far from my house.  biggrin.gif user posted image

metaldad - found the stone russian imperial stout at Stew Leonard's in NJ.

#325 metaldad

metaldad

Official TRF Chauffeur

• Members
  • 17165 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 14 2010, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2010, 01:13 PM)
Here's my pantry.... well, my dream pantry anyway.  Actually a German market not to far from my house.  biggrin.gif user posted image

metaldad - found the stone russian imperial stout at Stew Leonard's in NJ.

Really ? I might have to take a trip to Stews . Thank's trink39.gif  

#326 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:44 PM

Today I added Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout, Southern Tier Choklat Stout, Ballast Point Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter, Troegs Nugget Nectar, Three Floyds Gumballhead Pale Wheat Ale and Duchesse De Bourgogne which is classified as a "Flanders Red Ale" (I don't know what a Flanders Red Ale is, but I guess I'll find out).

All these came courtesy of a great guy up in SC named Ben  1022.gif  

#327 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

Added some Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Brew Dog Hardcore IPA & Flying Dog Barrel Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter.

#328 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:38 PM

Got some great additions today:

Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel Imperial Stout
Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout
Southern Tier Mokah Imperial Stout
Hoppin' Frog Hop Dam DIPA
Southern Tier Backburner Barleywine

#329 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:49 PM

Damn Dog, you have access to some great brews!

trink39.gif  

#330 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 12 2010, 09:49 PM)

trink39.gif

A year ago, this place was almost a barren wasteland for craft beer, save for Stone Brewing.

Now, this place is just exploding with great craft beer. We don't have everything here yet, but our selection is 10,000% better than it was a year ago.

I just had a Southern Tier Mokah Stout and was blown away at how good it was. I absolutely freaking LOVE the Southern Tier Blackwater Series. So far I've had the Choklat, Creme Brulee and the Mokah and loved every one. Can't wait to try the Oat and the Jahva.

And I was dumbfounded to find Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel. I couldn't believe it was on the shelf. I'll be drinking that tomorrow night.

#331 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 09:16 PM

Today I added some Cigar City Humidor Series IPA (Cedar Aged)

user posted image

Holy crap is this one outstanding beer! One of the best IPAs I've ever had.  yes.gif  

#332 rushlady23

rushlady23

Catwoman

• Members *
  • 16924 posts
  • Interests:Rush, cats, gardening, classic rock, cooking, baking, motorcycling, auto racing, baseball, chocolate

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 12 2010, 09:56 PM)

trink39.gif

A year ago, this place was almost a barren wasteland for craft beer, save for Stone Brewing.

Now, this place is just exploding with great craft beer. We don't have everything here yet, but our selection is 10,000% better than it was a year ago.

I just had a Southern Tier Mokah Stout and was blown away at how good it was. I absolutely freaking LOVE the Southern Tier Blackwater Series. So far I've had the Choklat, Creme Brulee and the Mokah and loved every one. Can't wait to try the Oat and the Jahva.

And I was dumbfounded to find Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel. I couldn't believe it was on the shelf. I'll be drinking that tomorrow night.

I found the Choklat this afternoon!  Also picked up Farmer's Tan  biggrin.gif  

#333 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 25 2010, 01:57 PM)

trink39.gif

653.gif  Drink it when you are in the mood for dessert. The chocolate flavor will do the trick!  trink39.gif  

#334 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9046 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jun 25 2010, 03:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 25 2010, 01:57 PM)

trink39.gif

653.gif  Drink it when you are in the mood for dessert. The chocolate flavor will do the trick!  trink39.gif

Even better, sip on some with dessert...these chocolate brews (and stouts in general) were made to complement desserts IMO.

trink39.gif  

#335 Midway Hawker

Midway Hawker

The Great Cornholio

• 5096 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Poker, Golf, Basketball, and Sarcasm

Posted 26 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

There is still plenty of Sierra Nevada 2009 Harvest Wet Hop Ale selling in my area, and I picked up 4 more 24oz bottles tonight.  I can't believe it's still available.  This is supposed to be a fall seasonal brew and I've been buying it for about  8 months now.  It's one of my all time favorites.

Beer Advocate

user posted image

#336 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 11:18 AM

Left Hand Brewing out of Colorado just entered our market so I picked up some Left Hand Imperial Stout, Milk Stout, 400 Pound Monkey (English IPA), Chainsaw Ale.

I also picked up Great Divide 16th Anniversary Wood Aged IPA, Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, Southern Tier Mokah, Southern Tier 2XIPA, Thomas Hooker Imperial Porter and some Stone Self Righteous Ale

edit: I forgot the crown jewel of the day-Cigar City 110k+ Batch 3 (The other West Coast IPA). First one I've ever seen and probably will be the last  laugh.gif  

Edited by Snowdog, 22 July 2010 - 01:10 PM.

#337 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Found a single bottle of Cigar City Marshall Zhukov's Imperial Stout today  653.gif

They don't bottle much of this, and what they do mostly stays at the brewery in Tampa. So I was stoked to find this. Sad part is they only had one bottle.

#338 PassTheAmmunition

PassTheAmmunition

The Grillmaster

• Members *
  • 2231 posts
  • Interests:My boys, Grilling, Golf, Hockey & the pursuit of happiness. Beer is okay :-)

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:06 AM

The distributor for Captain Lawrence in New Jersey (Hunterdon) has stopped carrying CL beers, which means I can no longer find it in any of my beer stores in NJ.    The only solution to this problem for me was to drive to the brewery and bring it home fresh, from Westchester.  God damn, I'm resourceful!

And when I get mad, I go on beer shopping sprees.  Just picked up:

Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale (3)
Stone Ruination IPA (3)
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Russian Imperial Stout (2)
Stone Smoked Porter
Stone 14th Anniversary Imperial IPA (3)
Great Divide 16th Anniversary Wood Aged Double IPA
Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Wet Hop Harvest Ale (2)
Dogfish Head 90-Minute IPA (4)
Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy

#339 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 13 2010, 12:06 PM)
The distributor for Captain Lawrence in New Jersey (Hunterdon) has stopped carrying CL beers, which means I can no longer find it in any of my beer stores in NJ.    The only solution to this problem for me was to drive to the brewery and bring it home fresh, from Westchester.  God damn, I'm resourceful!

And when I get mad, I go on beer shopping sprees.  Just picked up:

Stone Ruination IPA (3)
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Smoked Porter
Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy

Nice haul!

The distributor for Stone in my area has stopped carrying Ruination  rage.gif  And we have yet to see the Stone 14th Anniversary in my area and nobody call tell me if or when we are getting it  rage.gif

Sorry to hear about the CL. That is good stuff!

#340 PassTheAmmunition

PassTheAmmunition

The Grillmaster

• Members *
  • 2231 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 13 2010, 11:19 AM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Aug 13 2010, 12:06 PM)
The distributor for Captain Lawrence in New Jersey (Hunterdon) has stopped carrying CL beers, which means I can no longer find it in any of my beer stores in NJ.    The only solution to this problem for me was to drive to the brewery and bring it home fresh, from Westchester.  God damn, I'm resourceful!

And when I get mad, I go on beer shopping sprees.  Just picked up:

Stone Ruination IPA (3)
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Smoked Porter
Oskar Blues Ten-Fiddy

Nice haul!

The distributor for Stone in my area has stopped carrying Ruination  rage.gif  And we have yet to see the Stone 14th Anniversary in my area and nobody call tell me if or when we are getting it  rage.gif

Sorry to hear about the CL. That is good stuff!

if u need a Ruination fix, I'm happy to ship some your way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users