Rotate Your Stock!

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 21 2010, 05:55 PM)

I'm still seriously hung up on the Captain Lawrence DIPA.

Same here. I had my first one about 4 weeks ago and i keep going back. Great stuff

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone's Ruiniation is in my top 3 beers all-time. 

1022.gif

For me it's just the greatest combination of flavor, awesome citrus scents and hops, hops and more hops. Oh yeah, and alcohol...lots of booze in that bottle.

trink38.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 26 2010, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 22 2010, 07:21 PM)
edit: hearing some real positive buzz about Sam Adams Noble Pils. Anybody tried it yet?

trink38.gif

I liked it a lot. Nice flavor, not packing too much of a punch. I'd get it again with no reservations.

It is great but i think it is off the market for now

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 26 2010, 10:34 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 26 2010, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 22 2010, 07:21 PM)
edit: hearing some real positive buzz about Sam Adams Noble Pils. Anybody tried it yet?

trink38.gif

I liked it a lot. Nice flavor, not packing too much of a punch. I'd get it again with no reservations.

It is great but i think it is off the market for now

Yeah, I picked up a sixer a couple of weeks ago. It was good, but it didn't knock my socks off or anything.

It was the usual Sam Adams offering, good, but not great.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 26 2010, 09:32 AM)

1022.gif

For me it's just the greatest combination of flavor, awesome citrus scents and hops, hops and more hops. Oh yeah, and alcohol...lots of booze in that bottle.

trink38.gif

Yes, precisely. I also think the alcohol is well-hidden. At 7.7%, its nicely masked under the citrus/grapefruit bite. I simply love how this ale smells right before it hits your face and punches you

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 28 2010, 11:02 AM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

Yes, precisely. I also think the alcohol is well-hidden. At 7.7%, its nicely masked under the citrus/grapefruit bite. I simply love how this ale smells right before it hits your face and punches you

trink38.gif

Mmm...sipping on some Ruination right now. First time in a while, feeling nice and fuzzy.

1022.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Apr 28 2010, 05:41 PM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 28 2010, 11:02 AM)

1022.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Mmm...sipping on some Ruination right now. First time in a while, feeling nice and fuzzy.

1022.gif

Ruination has not been distributed in my area for a few months now and nobody seems to know why confused13.gif

The only bottles left anywhere are well past the best by date and out of desperation the other day I bought one. It was still good, but the hops had faded tremendously and of course that detracted from the enjoyment.

I think I need to call Scott Sheridan and see whats up with this.

edit: talked to Scott Sheridan with Stone today and even he didn't know why we're not seeing any Ruination in NE Florida. But, he did say he would look into it and get the problem corrected. Great customer service. Another reason to love Stone 1022.gif

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 29 2010, 07:13 PM)
Just added:

-Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
- Terrapin Hospecutioner IPA

Thanks Snowdog! Tell me when your Capt Lawrence arrives!

Got it today...Chilling in the fridge now. Look for me to try it tomorrow trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 30 2010, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 29 2010, 07:13 PM)
Just added:

-Cigar City Jai Alai IPA
- Terrapin Hospecutioner IPA

Thanks Snowdog!  Tell me when your Capt Lawrence arrives!

Got it today...Chilling in the fridge now. Look for me to try it tomorrow trink39.gif

Snowdog - ironically, I go into the nearby Bottle King this afternoon and I see they just got in 3 Terrapin varieties....including Hopsecutioner.

I would assume the Cigar City is limited to distribution in the south? The stuff was VERY enjoyable. Full review coming up tonight when I enjoy bottle #2

1022.gif

after disposing of some old stock in the last week and making more room in the fridge for in-date brews, and the liquor shelf for new stock I added a six of the wonderful Left Hand Milk Stout, a few bottles of the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Stout, a bomber of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, some Victory Hop Wallop (a close second for me to Stone Ruination, and as no one in the area is carrying that particular brew any longer- curse their MA distributor), and in the liquor department, it's all about rum- Ron Matusalum Clasico, Ryan and Wood's Foley Cove Rum out of Gloucester MA, and Rhum Barbancourt out of Haiti.... and all said beers and rums go very well with the stogies yes.gif

unfortunately not all good drinking experiences as of late, I have been greatly disapointed by the beers from Troegs brwery, especially the Troegenator Double Bock, it was awful, I gave away the rest of the six pack.

for the weekend festivities I added:

Stone's Double Bastard

Terrapin Hopsecutioner (now available in my area!)

Oskar Blue's Dale's Pale Ale

Sierra Nevada Torpedo

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 28 2010, 12:03 PM)
Where's 1-0-0-1 been? Has he stopped drinking beer?

Did he find any Capt Lawrence out there in Long Island? Inquiring minds want to know

I have been so busy with work and other things that I haven't made time to DRINK beer, much less buy any. And I won't get a break for at least another two weeks. sad.gif

QUOTE (doubled_mystic @ May 8 2010, 03:47 AM)
after disposing of some old stock in the last week and making more room in the fridge for in-date brews, and the liquor shelf for new stock I added a six of the wonderful Left Hand Milk Stout, a few bottles of the Sierra Nevada 30th Anniversary Stout, a bomber of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid, some Victory Hop Wallop (a close second for me to Stone Ruination, and as no one in the area is carrying that particular brew any longer- curse their MA distributor), and in the liquor department, it's all about rum- Ron Matusalum Clasico, Ryan and Wood's Foley Cove Rum out of Gloucester MA,  and Rhum Barbancourt out of Haiti.... and all said beers and rums go very well with the stogies yes.gif

unfortunately not all good drinking experiences as of late, I have been greatly disapointed by the beers from Troegs brwery, especially the Troegenator Double Bock, it was awful, I gave away the rest of the six pack.

I've really come to enjoy Hop Wallop. It seems to me like Hop Wallop tastes like the halfway point between Stone IPA and Ruination. I don't know for a fact, but the Hop profile has to be the same or very similar between Hop Wallop and Ruination.

And we can't get Troegs here. But I've heard similar comments about their stuff even though they are highly regarded. Apparently the Nugget Nectar is quite good. Have you tried that yet?

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunitionMay 9 2010 @ 11:42 AM)

for the weekend festivities I added:

Stone's Double Bastard
Terrapin Hopsecutioner (now available in my area!)
Oskar Blue's Dale's Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Torpedo 

Excellent trink39.gif That is a quality haul trink38.gif

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 2 2005, 02:49 PM)
What's in your fridge right now?

I have:

Mendocino "Eye Of The Hawk" Ale
Mendocino "Blue Heron" Pale Ale
Magic Hat "Jinx" Smoked Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
Dogfish Head "Raison D'Etre" Belgian Ale
Theakston "Old Peculier" Ale
Brooklyn Pilsner
Victory "Prima Pils" Pilsner
Guinness Stout
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout

Wow...no lagers or IPAs there. Guess I need to go shopping...

Also a bottle of Smirnoff Ice for those guests who desire such trash, a bottle of Jack Daniels (never drink it) and assorted wines (merlot, chiraz and cabernet sauvignon).

trink38.gif

cheese

Stone Russian Imperial Stout came out on April 19th . Nobody in my neck of the woods has it. Does anyone else have it ?

QUOTE (WIDE-ANGLE WATCHER @ May 10 2010, 11:57 PM)
Here's my pantry.... well, my dream pantry anyway. Actually a German market not to far from my house. biggrin.gif http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/Beer.jpg

Someday, i hope to have my "Man Room " look like this laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2010, 02:11 PM)
Stone Russian Imperial Stout came out on April 19th . Nobody in my neck of the woods has it. Does anyone else have it ?

Picked up a case last week. Had one so far. As usual, it is excellent. Even when its fresh, somehow this beer isn't hot. Which is amazing since its around 11%.

Those guys at Stone are amazing trink38.gif

edit: I added Ballast Point Sculpin, Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter, Russian River Consecration, Lost Abbey Angel's Share (Bourbon Barrel) and Alpine Pure Hoppiness.

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2010, 01:13 PM)
Here's my pantry.... well, my dream pantry anyway.  Actually a German market not to far from my house.  biggrin.gif http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/Beer.jpg

metaldad - found the stone russian imperial stout at Stew Leonard's in NJ.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ May 14 2010, 02:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 13 2010, 01:13 PM)
Here's my pantry.... well, my dream pantry anyway.  Actually a German market not to far from my house.  biggrin.gif http://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz77/tanhuntland/Beer.jpg

metaldad - found the stone russian imperial stout at Stew Leonard's in NJ.

Really ? I might have to take a trip to Stews . Thank's trink39.gif