Rotate Your Stock!

Today I added:

Fort Collins Brewery Double Chocolate Stout

Red Brick Double Chocolate Oatmeal Porter

Terrapin Dos Cocoas Porter

Smuttynose Imperial Stout (Big Beer Series)

and I picked up another Cigar City Winter Warmer Ale since I liked it so much.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I went to the Captain Lawrence Brewery for a tour and tasting, up in Pleasantville, NY. It was awesome. Not only do they brew my new favorite beer (CL Reserve Imperial IPA) but I got to check out the brewing/hopping process and will be back in a week's time to pick up my 1/6th keg for the kegerator 1022.gif

Also, picked up a case of their DIPA, a 64oz growler of their Freshchester Pale Ale, and a bottle of their Nor' Easter winter ale. It was cool to see so many locals stopping in with their growlers in travel cozies to pick up 64 oz of freshly brewed beer. While we were there we sampled their Smoked Porter, Espresso Stout, Brown Bird Ale, Liquid Gold and Pale Ale as well. All were outstanding.

Just found my new favorite place, and it ended up being only 30 minutes away.

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jan 2 2010, 07:03 PM)
Today I went to the Captain Lawrence Brewery for a tour and tasting, up in Pleasantville, NY. It was awesome. Not only do they brew my new favorite beer (CL Reserve Imperial IPA) but I got to check out the brewing/hopping process and will be back in a week's time to pick up my 1/6th keg for the kegerator 1022.gif

Also, picked up a case of their DIPA, a 64oz growler of their Freshchester Pale Ale, and a bottle of their Nor' Easter winter ale. It was cool to see so many locals stopping in with their growlers in travel cozies to pick up 64 oz of freshly brewed beer. While we were there we sampled their Smoked Porter, Espresso Stout, Brown Bird Ale, Liquid Gold and Pale Ale as well. All were outstanding.

Sweet! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Today I went to the Captain Lawrence Brewery for a tour and tasting, up in Pleasantville, NY.  It was awesome.  Not only do they brew my new favorite beer (CL Reserve Imperial IPA) but I got to check out the brewing/hopping process and will be back in a week's time to pick up my 1/6th keg for the kegerator 1022.gif

Also, picked up a case of their DIPA, a 64oz growler of their Freshchester Pale Ale, and a bottle of their Nor' Easter winter ale.  It was cool to see so many locals stopping in with their growlers in travel cozies to pick up 64 oz of freshly brewed beer.  While we were there we  sampled their Smoked Porter, Espresso Stout, Brown Bird Ale, Liquid Gold and Pale Ale as well.  All were outstanding.

Pass, thats great man! trink38.gif

I've heard so many good things about Captain Lawrence (especially the IPA) but I guess their distribution is strictly in your neck of the woods. Hopefully they'll make it down here to Florida sooner rather than later.

Enjoy it bud and have one for me, ok? trink39.gif

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 2 2010, 07:49 PM)
Today I went to the Captain Lawrence Brewery for a tour and tasting, up in Pleasantville, NY.  It was awesome.  Not only do they brew my new favorite beer (CL Reserve Imperial IPA) but I got to check out the brewing/hopping process and will be back in a week's time to pick up my 1/6th keg for the kegerator 1022.gif

Also, picked up a case of their DIPA, a 64oz growler of their Freshchester Pale Ale, and a bottle of their Nor' Easter winter ale.  It was cool to see so many locals stopping in with their growlers in travel cozies to pick up 64 oz of freshly brewed beer.  While we were there we  sampled their Smoked Porter, Espresso Stout, Brown Bird Ale, Liquid Gold and Pale Ale as well.  All were outstanding.

Pass, thats great man! trink38.gif

I've heard so many good things about Captain Lawrence (especially the IPA) but I guess their distribution is strictly in your neck of the woods. Hopefully they'll make it down here to Florida sooner rather than later.

Enjoy it bud and have one for me, ok? trink39.gif

snowdog, I'll gladly ship you two bottles if you PM me your address.

Trois Pistoles

Belfast Bay Oatmeal Stout

Shipyard Blue Fin Stout

Bar Harbor Real Ale

Heineken

Sam Adams Boston Lager

I'm very excited by the latest addtions, all from the Deschutes Brewery in Oregon:

1 bottle 2007 The Abyss Imperial Stout

1 bottle 2008 The Abyss Imperial Stout

2 bottles 2009 The Abyss Imperial Stout

1 bottle 2009 Mirror Mirror Barleywine Ale

The Abyss is currently rated as the #3 beer in the world according to BA, and I've never had it. Interestingly enough these beers come with a "Best After" date. So only the 2007 & 2008 are acceptable to drink right now according to the brewery. Think I'll crack the '07 this weekend.

1022.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 20 2010, 08:51 PM)
I'm very excited by the latest addtions, all from the Deschutes Brewery in Oregon:

The Abyss is currently rated as the #3 beer in the world according to BA, and I've never had it. Interestingly enough these beers come with a "Best After" date. So only the 2007 & 2008 are acceptable to drink right now according to the brewery. Think I'll crack the '07 this weekend.

1022.gif trink38.gif

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale is excellent.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 21 2010, 03:33 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 20 2010, 08:51 PM)

1022.gif  trink38.gif

Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale is excellent.

I've been wanting to try the Mirror Pond Ale, but haven't run across it yet.

Today I added:

1 sixer of Bells Expedition Stout

1 sixer of Bells Java Stout

1 4 pack of Weyerbacher Double Simcoe DIPA

2 bombers of Great Divide Old Ruffian Barleywine

1 bomber Great Divide Hercules DIPA

1 bomber Hoppin' Frog Silk Porter

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jan 22 2010, 02:46 PM)
Tonight I open the bottle of Life & Limb.  Why? Because its been a shit week and I need a pickmethefuckup

Thats why.

Enjoy that Life and Limb trink38.gif

Only two stores in my area got any of Life and Limb, and they didn't get much. And by the time I found out about it, it was all gone sad.gif

edit: hearing some real positive buzz about Sam Adams Noble Pils. Anybody tried it yet?

Edited by Snowdog

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 31 2010, 02:04 PM)
Scored a sixer of Bells Hopslam today. Got real lucky. Only one store in town got any and they only got 2 cases, so it was a 1 sixer limit and I got the 2nd to last one.  653.gif

the illusive Hopslam......totally jealous. I have a buddy in Ohio who regularly torments me (See attached) regarding Hopslam. How do you rate it, Snowdog? Like compared to your other comparable hoppy nectars?

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Jan 31 2010, 02:11 PM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jan 31 2010, 02:04 PM)
Scored a sixer of Bells Hopslam today. Got real lucky. Only one store in town got any and they only got 2 cases, so it was a 1 sixer limit and I got the 2nd to last one.  653.gif

the illusive Hopslam......totally jealous. I have a buddy in Ohio who regularly torments me (See attached) regarding Hopslam. How do you rate it, Snowdog? Like compared to your other comparable hoppy nectars?

I've never had it before, so I can't really say. When I crack one, I'll be sure and let you guys know trink39.gif

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 11 2010, 11:23 AM)
Just added Oskar Blue's GUBNA IPA to the stock, as well as Stone's Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale.

Been looking for the Gubna, but it hasn't gotten to Florida yet. I've read mixed reviews on it. The hops are supposed to be way over the top (which isn't a bad thing to me) but they are all Summit hops and give it a taste that you either love or hate.

Curious as to what your take is on this. Let us know trink39.gif

Added some more SN 30th Fritz & Ken, Weyerbacher Heresy, Weyerbacher Insanity, Anderson Valley Hoppin' Ottin IPA, Victory Prima Pils and Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

edit for spelling

Edited by Snowdog

the GUBNA was yummy, but a bit too malty-sweet for me. Im more in favor of the bitter slap-yo-face over-hoppiness than the sweet pungent hops in over abundance. but i liked it, it was enjoyable. at 9.5abv, it isnt something id have more than two cans of. the whole can thing was weird for me too.

i have a sixer of Stone IPA and a sixer of Labatt Blue for tonights hockey game of Boston @ Buffalo. ITS MILLER TIME! (minus no miller beer in this house, thank goodness)

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Apr 15 2010, 03:22 PM)
the GUBNA was yummy, but a bit too malty-sweet for me. Im more in favor of the bitter slap-yo-face over-hoppiness than the sweet pungent hops in over abundance. but i liked it, it was enjoyable. at 9.5abv, it isnt something id have more than two cans of. the whole can thing was weird for me too.

Malty IPAs & DIPAs annoy me. I just don't enjoy one that has a sweetness to it. I think the Ruination slogan applies, "I'm very bitter and I like it!"

I'll try Gubna when it gets to Florida, but from all I've read so far, I probably won't like it.

As far as the can thing, yeah it is a bit strange paying $$$ for beer in a can, but everything I've tried so far from Oskar Blues has been very enjoyable, so I'm not going to gripe about packaging. But I will gripe about the contents if I don't like it tongue.gif

Stone's Ruiniation is in my top 3 beers all-time. In fact, I'm wearing my "I'm bitter, and I love it" Stone shirt as I type this..lol. I tried the Dale's Pale Ale last week. Bottle King rated it at 100 - which surprised me a bit. I liked it as well, by I though 100 rating was off by a good amount IMO.

I'm still seriously hung up on the Captain Lawrence DIPA. But I'm undergoing therapy for it. One 16.9 oz bottle at a time....

1022.gif

Edited by PassTheAmmunition

Added some Terrapin Cap'n Krunkles Black IPA, Cigar City Big Sound Scotch Ale, Avery The Czar Imperial Stout, Rogue John John Ale (Dead Guy aged in Whiskey Barrels), Terrapin Monk's Revenge Belgian IPA, Southern Tier IPA, Laguinatas Under Investigation Shut Down Ale.

edit: oh yeah, I forgot to add my new Sam Adams Perfect Pint glass. I'm drinking a Hopslam from it right now and I'm diggin' it 1022.gif

Edited by Snowdog